Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2016, 12:09 PM
No clue anymore

Rumor, BS or wishfull thinking?

The latest Yes buzz I heard about yesterday. I clipped this.

Let the discussion begin!

The current rumours come from a current Yes podcast conducted by writer and Yes confidante Jon Kirkman in which he refers to a May 2016 interview with Horn in which the musician and producer talked about his work with the band. According to the Where Are They Now- Former Yes Members website, Kirkman is reported as stating that Horn told him "the last recording he worked on with them was Fly From Here [...] Trevor has re-recorded all the lead vocals for that album and I asked him if it's coming out and he said yeah probably next year, so that... that would make it the second album from the Drama line-up." Kirkman then adds that Benoit's vocals are also on the album and that Horn "thought it was a nice thing to do."

The same website also reports that in a June 2016 interview with the North American journalist Mitch Lafon, Yes guitarist Steve Howe, when discussing working with Horn, stated "We have something up our sleeves which are going to surprise some people." At a show in October 2016 Howe is reported to have referred to a forthcoming project involving Fly From Here, but did not add any details. As we reported back in issue 69, Buggles are working together again and that Howe night possibly be involved in that work, be it studio or live.

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me
Old 12-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Re: Rumor, BS or wishfull thinking?

No, I read this on progressive ears also I believe. Interesting news. We'll see what happens.

I wonder if that means that Benoit's vocals will still be heard as backing vocals even on the version that has Trevor singing lead. I am guessing that's what he meant.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:47 PM

Bah! I hate when artists look backward. If Yes wants to continue with any legitimacy at all, then Horn should return and record a NEW album with the Drama line-up, with Sherwood replacing Squire (with the caveat that Horn does the producing and engineering, not Sherwood). I'd both buy that and "buy that" as legitimate.

Otherwise, retire already.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:33 PM

I'll pass on this.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Owner/Program Director

Besides being a big "who cares?" - isn't this kind of an equally big kick in the balls to Benoit? "Your lead vocals sucked enough for us to redo the album and replace them"? Wow.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim View Post
Besides being a big "who cares?" - isn't this kind of an equally big kick in the balls to Benoit? "Your lead vocals sucked enough for us to redo the album and replace them"? Wow.
And, the thing is, it DIDN'T suck. It was good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: