Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2023, 08:24 AM

Re: 2023 Work in Progress..ive

GALAHAD
Name:  galah1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  90.2 KB

ABOUT

GALAHAD

...from Official Website

Galahad formed in 1985 just for fun playing roughly half covers (Genesis, Zeppelin, Rush, Sabbath, Focus, Marillion etc) and half original material. Galahad then supported a few fairly well known 'Progressive' bands that were coming up at the time including IQ, Pendragon, Haze and later Pallas and Magnum.
Then, after mixing it with the slightly 'bigger boys' Galahad decided take it more seriously, and began playing only original material resulting in the release of their first proper album in 1991, 'Nothing Is Written', which was purely self -financed and released independently but which went on to sell several thousand copies.

The success of 'Nothing Is Written' was also helped by the fact that the band received substantial air play on BBC Radio One, especially on the Radio One Rock Show hosted by the late, great Tommy Vance. The band then landed themselves with deals in the UK, Japan and Germany.

The band has now released fifteen albums including albums by main band offshoots such as Galahad Electric Company and the Galahad Acoustic Quintet. The band has played hundreds of gigs in the UK, Europe and America over the last few years, at times in some very unusual venues!

In 2002 Galahad released 'Year Zero' which featured John Wetton (Asia, King Crimson, Family etc.) on guest vocals.

In September 2006 Galahad released their debut DVD 'Resonance' , which was recorded live in Katowice, Poland in May 2006.

'Empires Never Last' , which features Karl Groom (Threshold) on engineering duties, was released in 2007 and took the band in a heavier, more muscular, guitar orientated direction. This more contemporary, metallic approach seems to have worked as ‘Empires’ was a great success, both commercially and critically, and resulted in them winning album of the year at the 2007 Classic Rock Society awards. ‘Empires’ was also included in many top 10 album listings for 2007.

In the interim and whilst recording TWO new studio albums Galahad released a couple of live albums ‘Sleepless in Phoenixville – Rosfest Live 2007’ and 'Whitchurch 92/93 - Live Archives -Vol.2' (CD/DVD) plus a re-issue of their 1992 Year Zero album, which also contained bonus CD consisting of live versions of tracks from Year Zero.

'Battle Scars', again recorded at Thin Ice by Karl Groom was released in April 2012 and took the band further in to a heavy/rockier direction but mixing it up with a few more overt modern dance/trance and classical influences. 'Beyond the Realms of Euphoria', the second album recorded at the same time was released in October 2012.

A comprehensive biography entitled 'One For the Record - The Official Biography of Galahad' written by Andrew Wild was published in April 2013 documenting the history of the band from 1985 to the end of 2012. The Biography also comes with a companion Video Archive DVD which includes many rare and previously unreleased live performances, some dating as far back as 1986.

2014 saw the band release a clutch of EP’s, ‘Seize the Day’, 'Guardian Angel' and 'Mein Hertz Brennt' the latter containing several differing versions of the Rammstein classic. 2014 also saw Tim Ashton re-join the band on bass guitar after an absence of 22 years!

2015 was the 30th anniversary of the band forming, the band celebrated throughout the year with various releases and a special anniversary show at Mr Kyps in Poole on Saturday 4th July. To start the ball rolling in this anniversary year a re-mixed version of 'Empires Never Last' was released in January which also included a couple of extra tracks on the CD version as well as a companion album 'Empires: A curious Companion' (download only from the band's web site) containing demo tracks, some of which were and some of which were not used on the resulting album.

In the summer an EP '30' was released as a limited edition containing four tracks which would later appear on the 'When Worlds Collide' 30th anniversary release.

The band released a 2CD live set 'Solidarity - Live in Konin' in September 2015, which was recorded in 2013 during the Battle Scars/Euphoria tour. A 20th anniversary re-mastered digipack edition of 'Sleepers' containing an extra track was also released in the Autumn 2015.

To finish off 2015 nicely the band released a double CD retrospective compilation album 'When Worlds Collide' which includes ten brand new recordings of old songs, some of which date back to 1985 and one track 'City of Freedom' which has never been recorded before, as well as a selection of tracks from their last three studio albums and recent EPs. This epic release, which also includes a 12 page booklet, clocks in at a mammoth 2 hours and 36 minutes and thus is great value for money!

2016 will be spent mainly writing new material for the next all new Galahad studio album.

Spring 2017 saw the release of 'Quiet Storms' showing a more introspective, mellow side to the band.

2018 saw the release of a full on Prog/rock album 'Seas of Change' which, in true 'Prog' tradition, contains just one long form 42 minute piece of music which was performed in it's (almost) entirety at all live shows in 2018, which included performances in England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, The Netherlands and Norway. Galahad were also so nominated for the 2018 UK Progressive Rock awards in the 'UK Band/Artist of the year' category, eventually won, not surprisingly by Steven Wilson!

2019 sees the band concentrating mainly on writing and recording a brand new studio album as well as working on another exciting re-issue project. Dean released 'Constellations' an electronic album influenced by the likes of Jean-Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk etc. featuring Stu on vocals on three tracks and Lee on guitar on one track.

2020 has been very busy year in spite of or maybe because of the Covid emergency seeing the release of 'Sleepers' on vinyl LP for the first time 25 years after its original release in 1995, available on both white and black vinyl.

A re-vamped Following Ghosts is re-released as a 3CD set including a brand new re-mix of the original album plus a second CD 'Alternative Ghosts' containing alternative versions of all the original tracks and CD3 which is re-master of 'De-Constructing Ghosts. This new edition also contains new artwork, commentaries by some of those involved at the time as well new photos etc.

Stu and Dean re-generated the 'Galahad Electric Company' by releasing an album full of songs recorded during lockdown over the period from May to June 2020. 'When The Battle Is Over' is the first GEC album in 21 years and contains a very eclectic mix of material , including the poem 'My Orcha'd in Linden Lea' written by Dorset dialect poet William Barnes in 1856 as well as a song featuring Stu's cat Sammy Gorgeous on meows!

Lee Abraham also released an EP 'Western Skies' under the name 'Echo Rain' as well as a new solo album 'Harmony/Synchronicity' featuring several vocalists including Stu Nicholson and Mark Spencer. Dean also released a couple of digital singles 'Unorthodox' and 'In Isolation' as well as the 'Outer Limits EP'.

2021 saw the release of the re-mixed 1998 album 'Following Ghosts' on a a limited double vinyl which is available in standard black, gold and a very limited red and orange splatter version.

'Galahad Electric Company' featuring Dean and Stu also released a second lock down album 'Soul Therapy' on CD.

Galahad's long awaited ELEVENTH studio album 'The Last Great Adventurer' which features Mark Spencer on Bass guitar on a brand new Galahad album for the first time ever was released in October 2022.

Name:  uno2023 v1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  671.7 KB

Hi friends

2023 Work in Progress..ive

These are my best tracks of 2023

Track Title-Group or Artist-Album

I'm Done with You-RIVERSIDE-ID.ENTITY

Life Lines-SUNCHILD-Exotic Creatures and a Stolen Dream

Scanning The Dark Horizon-JOHN IRVINE-Scanning The Dark Horizon

Memories in a Box-SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM-EVENT HORIZON

To_find_the_light_part_two-GREAT WIDE NOTHING-Hymns for Hungry Spirits, Vol. II

Ghosts From The Future-OVERHEAD-Telepathic Minds (Disc 1)

King_of_the_world-RPWL-Crime Scene(Disc 1)

No Man's Land-TNNE-LIFE 3.0

Mysterious Forest, Pt. 1-KARFAGEN-Passage to the Forest of Mysterious

Something New-MARTIN MILLER-Maze of My Mind

Kill_the_sun_and_the_moon_and_the_stars-THE BLACK CAT'S EYE-The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock​-​Headed Julia

Gargantuan.(Part One)-AMPLIFIER-Hologram

The Beauty and the Least-MYSTERY-Redemption

Scratches-INNER PROSPEKT-Canvas Three

All Connected-YES-Mirror to the sky

Summer Lies Beyond-COMEDY OF ERRORS-THRENODY FOR A DEAD QUEEN

The Sacred Law of Retribution-TRITOP-RISE OF KASSANDRA

Ingravita-BUHO ERMITANO-IMPLOSIONES

Danger-ELOY-ECHOES FROM THE PAST

Naturens katedral-LARS FREDRIK FRØISLIE-FIRE FORTELLINGER

Ur askan-AGUSA-PRIMA MATERIA

The 11th Chapter: The Nine, including a) The Fire (pt II​)​, b) A Nonagon in Eight -RING VAN MÖBIUS-Commissioned Works Pt II - Six Drops of Poison

Journey to the Center of the Mind -MARCO RAGNI-HALLUCINATORY EMBRYO

Poker -I VIAGGI DI MADELEINE-TRA LUCE E OMBRA

The Gathering-SKY PASSAGE-The Gathering

Moving Through Tomorrow-SOUTHERN EMPIRE-Another World

Tell Me-KARMAMOI-STRINGS FROM THE EDGE OF SOUND

Liquid Suite-LA BOCCA DELLA VERITA-[Un​]​connected

Stronghold -THE FLOWER KINGS-LOOK AT YOU NOW

Helen-UNITOPIA-SEVEN CHAMBERS

Actual Brutal Facts-STEVEN WILSON-THE HARMONY CODEX

A Hymn for the Pioneers-SYNTH REPLICANTS-Time of Legends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

Labyrinthus-IL BALLETTO DI BRONZO-Lemures

Hydra-SEVEN IMPALE-Summit

The River-THIS WINTER MACHINE-The Clockwork man

Lotus Unfolding-OZRIC TENTACLES-Lotus Unfolding

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

THE LONG GOODBYE-GALAHAD-THE LONG GOODBYE

Name:  galah3.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  galah4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  150.2 KB

THE LONG GOODBYE-GALAHAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDNV-8ds0j4

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 12-12-2023 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:13 AM

CEN-PROJEKT
Name:  cen-proj.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  125.7 KB

Chris Angels multi-instrumentalist born in Germany
develops 2 projects a series of albums under his name and one called Cen-ProjekT. I didn't know this composer but listening to his latest album Dark Clouds immediately caught my attention and I can say that Chris has made a great album, no track lowers the level, very enjoyable from the first second to the end
thanks Chris for this very good prog music, for now I chose "I CAN FLY" but I could easily change.
the only note is the almost absence of news on this artist and the only place where I found something is on his site which certainly needs to be updated at least with a biography of his... in short it definitely needs to be improved... following are some extracts from his site .. without a doubt an artist in love with progressive music ,I also really like the cover

ABOUT

CEN-PROJEKT

...from Official Website

Chris Engels: Komponist, Musiker

Instrumente: Gitarre, Keyboards, Vocals, Drums, Bass

Stil: Progressiver Rock

"Welcome to my website, a place where Progressive Rock comes to life! I'm thrilled to share my passion for creating unique and experimental sounds with you. From intricate guitar riffs to soaring vocal lines, my music will take you on a journey through the boundaries of Progressive Rock. Here you'll find my latest releases, upcoming shows, and a glimpse into my creative process. Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy the Progressive Rock experience as much as I do."

Comments on his music:

"A great setting by Edgar Allan Poe with unusual singing and an instrumentation between folk and rock that creates a nice atmosphere. A bit unusual placement of the voices in the stereo panorama, but that's quite interesting. Of course there are comparisons to some classic acts like Jethro tull and Alan Parsons also comes to mind. However, nothing here is copper-plated,
Great song with a lot of variety that never gets boring."

"Nice thing.... awesome Zapparesque guitar solo and atypical turns of phrase. Very well done. Faintly reminiscent of "the toture never stops" by Zappa."

"Nobody needs drugs when you can get such imaginative music! Big praise...you completely got me with that!!! Thank you for that!!

"Strong work!!!!
The piece is composed very nicely and flows and takes the listener along!
You immerse yourself in this piece.
Wonderful melodic lines, beautiful arcs of suspense."

Chris Angels

Name:  uno2023 z1.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  679.5 KB

Hi friends

Kill_the_sun_and_the_moon_and_the_stars-THE BLACK CAT'S EYE-The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock​-​Headed Julia

The 11th Chapter: The Nine, including a) The Fire (pt II​)​, b) A Nonagon in Eight -RING VAN MÖBIUS-Commissioned Works Pt II - Six Drops of Poison

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

I Can Fly-CEN-PROJEKT-Dark Clouds

Name:  Cen-pr 3.jpg
Size:  307.6 KB

Name:  Cen-pr 4.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  100.9 KB

I Can Fly -CEN-PROJEKT
https://cen-projekt.bandcamp.com/track/i-can-fly

-

In their realm of silence and hue
-CEN-PROJEKT

https://cen-projekt.bandcamp.com/tra...ilence-and-hue

From nothing to life
-CEN-PROJEKT

https://cen-projekt.bandcamp.com/tra...othing-to-life

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 12-13-2023 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:07 PM

APOGEE
Name:  apogee1.jpg
Size:  170.9 KB

ABOUT

APOGEE

...from Official Website

"APOGEE means the point at which a body moving round the Earth in an elliptical orbit is at it´s greatest distance from the Earth." (The International Encyclopedia of Astronomy)
Arne Schaefer: All instruments, compositions and vocals (except accoustic drums on various Apogee albums by Uwe Völlmar, Thomas Reiner and Eberhard Gräf).

I was born June 17, 1962 and began playing guitar at the age of 14. Before that I used to play Beatles tunes together with a friend who played guitar. His name is Thorsten de Winkel and he is now a well known jazz guitarist. Back then I played some sort of drums (washing powder casks and a tambourine) and both of us were singing.

I am a self taught musician and the first thing I became interested in, after having learned to play some beatles songs on the guitar, was to compose my own music.

In the early days we used to improvise on chord progressions, trying to create some kind of "jazz-rock", in which we succeded to a certain extent.

At this time I discovered Yes, ELP, Gentle Giant and Genesis, having listened to Jethro Tull and Frank Zappa from an early age through the musical taste of my father. My mother practices ballet dancing and introduced me to some modern composers like Stravinsky and Prokofiev who also wrote a lot of ballet music.

My father bought Jethro Tulls "Thick as a Brick" when I was about 11 which made a large impact on my musical development. Still today it is to my taste one of the best rock albums from the compositorical as well as from the lyrical point of view.

In 1985 I joined a band called Vague Venture which played a New Wave/New Romantic style and was founded in 1985 as a trio with drum computer. This was the first band wich featured myself on lead vocals, although I had practiced singing with my home taping experience before.

One year later Stefan Maywald joined on drums and by the time my own influence pushed the band concept more in the progressive direction. In 1989 this finally led to a split up because of musical differences. Stefan and I convinced keyboard player Lukas Ernst to join the group, but he was never really satisfied with our musical direction and left again after one year to work professionally in the film music field.

Back then the group was named versus X after an expression I found in a book about physical chemistry (I am a professional chemist). I just thought it sounded good and it my be interpreted as "against the mainstream".

At that time I gave some solo concerts using accoustic guitar, keyboards and vocals, playing mainly song stuff. At one of these concerts Ekkehard Nahm saw my performance and his interest was captured. He called me up and soon afterwards joined the band. We discovered that we had almost the same vision of musical conception.

While paying in various bands I always produced my solo music simultaneously on an two track tape machine, in the beginning by means of a primitive ping-pong recording technique. Over the years technical and compositorical abilities progressed up to what you can hear on the first APOGEE CD "The Border of Awareness".

After having played our first self produced versus X CD to members of the french record company Musea they asked for more material and I presented to them a selection of songs I had recorded over a period of five years. They liked it and decided to give me a chance. For presenting the music to a larger audience we decided to use the "band" name APOGEE.

While on the first two Apogee Albums and my older Material I mainly used sample drums, the following Albums beginning with "The Garden of Delights" feature ex-versus X drummer Uwe Voellmar, Thomas Reiner and on the latest albums beginning with "The Art of Mind" also Eberhard Gräf on accoustic drums.

Musical Influences

Concerning my musical taste I do not care much about the actual sound of the music as long as it it interesting in terms of structure, rhythm and melody. As main influences I would like to point out some of my very favourite albums and classical composers. The following list may also serve as a recommendation for all fans of complex progressive rock and kinds of music.

Jethro Tull: Thick as a Brick, Passion Play, Stormwatch
Yes: Close to the Edge, Fragile, Relayer
Zappa: One size fits all, Overnite Sensation, Sleep Dirt
Genesis: Nursery Crime, Foxtrot
Gentle Giant: All Albums up until 1976
ELP: ELP, Tarkus, Trilogy
Rush: Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, Power Windows
Peter Hammill: In Camera, A Black Box
Van der Graaf: Pawn Hearts, Godbluff, Still Life
King Crimson: Red, Lizard, Discipline, The Power to Believe
UK: UK
Univers Zero: UZED, Ceux du dehors, Heatwave
XTC: English Settlement, Oranges and Lemons, Big Express
Dream Theater: When dream and day unite, Images and Words
Magellan: Hour of Restauration, Impending Ascension
Manfred Mann: Roaring Silence, Nightingales and Bombers
Queen: A Night at the Opera
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
Cardiacs: On Land and in the Sea
Beatles: Abbey Road
Kate Bush: The Dreaming
5 UU´s: Elements
Thinking Plague: In this Life, In Extremis
Anglagaard: Hybris, Epilog
Allan Holdsworth: Road Games, IOU
Traffic: John Barleycorne must die
Symphony X: Twylight in Olympus, Paradise Lost
Haken: Aquarius

Classical composers:
Allan Pettersson
Dimitri Shostakovitch
Bela Bartok
Karl Amadeus Hartmann
Igor Stravinsky
Arthur Honnegger
Paul Hindemith
Gustav Mahler

Name:  uno2023 a2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  683.2 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Noone but ourselves-APOGEE-Through the Gate

Name:  apoge3.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  183.6 KB

Name:  apoge4.jpg
Size:  53.9 KB

Noone but ourselves
-APOGEE

http://auralmoon.com/req.php?songid=200140

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-18-2024 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:30 PM

MONARCH TRAIL
Name:  Monarch_Trail_Group_Shot.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  353.3 KB

Art

Ken Baird has given us another jewel of his
a nice Christmas gift

ABOUT

MONARCH TRAIL

...from Official Website and progarchives.com

Monarch Trail biography
Founded in Dundas, Ontario, Canada in 2014

Mostly known for his works as a solo artist, Canadian keyboardist and composer Ken BAIRD would expand his activities after no less than five solo albums and come up with the trio of Monarch Trail, a project formed out of the need of Baird to produce music in a more teamwork status.Bassist Dino Verginella and drummer Chris Lamont, who completed the line-up, were both featured in Baird's previous albums. As guitars were also part of Monarch Trail's compositions, they were helped during the sessions of their debut by John Mamone, Kelly Kereliuk and Steve Cochrane.The first work of the band ''Skye'' was partly inspired by the drawings of Annette Roche, so naturally some of them became part of the album's artwork, a record eventually released in April 2014 and based on the principles of the Neo Prog/Symphonic Rock genres.

December 17th, 2023

The fourth Monarch Trail album, “Four Sides” is released today!

Much later than I would have hoped in the year, but at least we get to match up with a personal favourite album’s release date of mine, Genesis/”Wind and Wuthering”, released on December 17th of 1976!

Not that our album bears much resemblance to that famous album, but it is our longest album to date; effectively a “double album” of 74 minutes which fits onto one CD (but we hope to get it to LP one day where it will indeed be “Four Sides”)

The first three “sides” are all “side-long” epic-length tracks and the fourth side is split into two songs.

For now, we have it available for download or CD at bandcamp and will soon be available at Just for Kicks in Germany as well as other stores—we’ll try to keep a list of these stores here as they appear

Here’s the direct bandcamp link to Four Sides, we hope you like it!

Ken Baird

Name:  uno2023 b2.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  688.2 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

The Oldest of Treess-MONARCH TRAIL-FOUR SIDES

Name:  monarch3.jpg
Size:  148.0 KB

Name:  monarch4.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  72.1 KB

The Oldest of Trees
-MONARCH TRAIL

https://monarchtrail.bandcamp.com/tr...ldest-of-trees

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 12-30-2023 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:46 PM

NICK FLETCHER
Name:  quadri1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  98.0 KB

ABOUT

NICK FLETCHER

...from Official Website

biography

Nick is a guitarist and composer. He has been playing the guitar and writing music professionally since 1981, starting out after leaving Music College as a classical guitarist and guitar teacher but also embarked on a career as a session guitarist. Nick has played in many bands with the likes of Dave Bainbridge and Tim Harries, who was previously the bassist with Bill Bruford’s ‘Earthworks’.

In 1991 Nick started to concentrate more on his solo performing, arranging and composing music for the classical guitar. This resulted in curtailing his work with the electric guitar for 25 years! In this time he has had over 80 compositions published by the Canadian music publisher Productions d'oZ>

and over 100 published song arrangements by ‘Integrity Music’. He has recorded many CD’s of classical guitar music as a soloist and with John Hackett as part of the Fletcher /Hackett guitar and flute duo, receiving fantastic reviews in Classical guitar magazine and the guitar foundation of America ( GFA ) soundboard publication.

In 2014 Nick performed live, and was featured on the BBC Radio 3’s ‘In Tune’ program, presented by Sean Rafferty. His music has been played regularly on Classic Fm.

In the mid 1990’s Nick was a record producer for Kingsway records and made a number of successful Celtic recordings and co produced the album ‘Breaking of the Dawn’ with prog maestro Dave Bainbridge.

In 2015 Nick once again took up performing and recording with the electric guitar after being invited to join the John Hackett Band. Since that time Nick has received numerous great reviews of his writing and playing in the Prog Rock genre, as well as his continuing career as classical musician. Nick has also performed and recorded with Steve Hackett who said this about the recording of ‘Overnight snow’ by Nick & John Hackett‘;

‘I was blown away by the material John and Nick had recorded and it was a pleasure to add a second guitar to the recording.’ This musical background makes Nick a very different guitar player who writes and plays in a unique way, particularly when playing the electric guitar.'

In 2018 Nick released the album ‘Beyond the Stars’ on the Esoteric Antenna label along with co writer John Hackett.

This too collected many excellent plaudits in the prog media and had a rave review of his performance with the John Hackett Band at Progdreams Festival Holland in 2019.

...Nick Fletcher is probably the best jazz rock guitarist in the country. His fluency is astounding, plus he possesses a first rate classical guitar technique to boot! I consider Nick Fletcher to be an absolute star’…

Steve Hackett 2020

Nick Fletcher - Quadrivium
The new solo album by the guitarist of the John Hackett Band

Musicians involved

The album's contributors are (as always) co-producer and mixer Caroline Bonnett (keyboards), Dave Bainbridge (known from Iona, Strawbs, keyboards on 3,5 & 6) and Tim Harries (bass, known for Iona, Steeleye Span, Bruford's Earthworks). Special attention is paid to the drummer of the album, Anika Nilles (Jeff Beck). There are photos of her in the booklet and the album is also promoted using her nam

Aphelion
7:25 the track I chose

In astronomy, aphelion is the point at which a planet is at its greatest distance from the sun. But the music is not that far removed from the life-giving powers of the sun. The rough, raw guitar playing sounds quite grounded, interrupted by pearly piano cascades. The drums swirl, drive and even have a little solo at minute 4:30. The Mahavishu Orchestra or Brand X send their regards in this beautifully grooving jazz rock piece. Where does Nick get these incredible melodies? They enchant us, leave us happy.

Name:  uno2023 c2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  691.4 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Aphelion-NICK FLETCHER-Quadrivium

Name:  quadri3.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  130.4 KB

Name:  quadri4.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  137.0 KB

Aphelion
-NICK FLETCHER

http://auralmoon.com/req.php?songid=199484

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-18-2024 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:03 PM

DAMANEK
Name:  dama1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  137.4 KB

ABOUT

DAMANEK

...from progarchives.com

Damanek biography
Founded in 2016

This is a project founded by Guy MANNING with Marek ARNOLD (saxes, keys), Dan MARSH (bass) and Sean TIMMS) (keys, backing vocals). Their album "On Track" was recorded from demos of Guy Manning who is the main composer for the music and the lyrics. The album was made with the help of plenty of guest musicians who have recorded some parts in various studios around the world. The music is very accessible mixing prog, jazz and world music with some nice instrumentation including sax and flute.

rdtprog

Name:  uno2023 d2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  696.4 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Reflections on Copper-DAMANEK-Making Shore

Name:  dama3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  200.3 KB

Name:  dama4.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  125.3 KB

Reflections on Copper
-DAMANEK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--5DL3_vp0

GOOD LISTENING
Old 01-13-2024, 04:43 AM

LALU
Name:  lalu1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  208.8 KB

ABOUT

LALU

...from progarchives.com

Lalu biography
LALU is a Prog-Metal conceptual outing from French keyboardist/composer Vivien Lalu of SHADRANE and HUBI MEISEL, initiated during the fall of 2003.After working two times as composer for ex-DREAMSCAPE vocalist HUBI MEISEL, LALU felt that it was time to finally produce an album of his own and compose music without restrictions. Using leftovers from the actual Meisel sessions and other ideas he had on tape since a while, Vivien named his debut album "Oniric Metal" after the comments of some people who described his music as a kind of "dream" or "mood" metal. While some parts try to maintain the same "dreamy" vibe, the material sounds more aggressive than ever.

Vivien recruited a few session players to help him realize his vision. None could have done a better job on "Oniric Metal". than the solid team of Ryan Van Poederooyen (from the DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND on drums), Russell Bergquist (formerly of ANNIHILATOR on bass) and JoOp Wolters (Dutch guitar virtuoso pf THE JoOP WOLTERS TRIO,ARABESQUE) together. For the vocal duties, Vivien called up for Martin LeMar (frontman for german proggers TOMORROW'S EVE) to join him and bring the music to another level.

"Oniric Metal" has been critically acclaimed worldwide and LALU changed its lineup to a more stable "band" lineup, in order to be able to tour in the future (the members basically coming from different continents).

With a style similar to AYREON or DREAM THEATER,LALU is highly recommended for progressive metal fans.

Name:  uno2023 e2.jpg
Size:  701.4 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Amnesia 1916-LALU-THE FISH WHO WANTED TO BE KING

Name:  lalu3.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  231.5 KB

Name:  lalu4.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  127.0 KB

Amnesia 1916
-LALU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBj-... WpPY&index=5

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-13-2024 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:56 AM

NEXUS
Name:  nex1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  456.7 KB

ABOUT

NEXUS

...from progarchives.com

Nexus biography
Founded in Morón, Buenos Aires, Argentina (late 70's) - Still active as of 2017

This Argentine quintet has its roots in the Seventies when a group of schoolboys from the capital Buenos Aires were impressed by the symphonic rock and soon NEXUS was born. Eventually a dream came true but not until the end of the Nineties when NEXUS eventually released their first album entitled "Detras Del Umbral" in '99. The impressive sound is very bombastic and loaded with great keyboards. The female vocals are strong and powerful and also give the music an emotional value in order to avoid 'technical overkill'. Most obvious hints are from ELP (Hammond organ play), mid-GENESIS (lush symphonic sound) and MARILLION (synthesizer flights). A year later NEXUS performed on the annual USA prog rock festival Nearfest, this concert was captured on CD entitled "Live at Nearfest 2000". NEXUS presented most of their first album, a keyboard-solo and the title track from their forthcoming album "Metanoia". This more mature CD was released in 2001 and is one of the highlights of the current South-American prog rock. Worldwide prog rock fans are longing for the next album, they are already waiting for three years.

The album "Metanoia" is one of the best prog rock releases of the last five years! The sound is impressive with very lush and bombastic keyboards (with echoes from ELP, GENESIS and the Japanese prog rock) and due to the more dominant guitar play the sound of NEXUS often evokes IQ (the albums "Ever" and "Dark Matter") but also early HACKETT solo and of course mid-GENESIS. The 24-carat symphonic rock compositions are compelling with lots of captivating changes of climate and splendid solos on keyboard (organ and synthesizers) and guitar. The powerful female Spanish vocals fit perfect to all atmospheres, what a great voice. In my opinion this album offers all the elements that makes symphonic rock so worth listening!

: : : Erik Neuteboom, The NETHERLANDS : : :
Fan & official Prog Archives collaborator

Name:  uno2023 f2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  708.2 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Insania-NEXUS-Insania

Name:  nex3.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  nex4.jpg
Size:  154.0 KB

Insania
-NEXUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeNv...K2HYTM&index=4

GOOD LISTENING
Old 01-17-2024, 10:03 AM

MOON SAFARI
Name:  moon1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  410.3 KB

ABOUT

MOON SAFARI

...from official website

Moon Safari formed in 2003. The first line-up was formed of keyboardist and singer Simon Åkesson, guitarist and singer Petter Sandström, bassist Johan Westerlund, guitarist Anthon Johansson, and drummer Tobias Lundgren, lasting until 2005. They released four studio albums, recorded and mixed by the group and released on their own label, Blomljud Records. Their first, A Doorway to Summer (2005) was produced by Tomas Bodin, the keyboardist of fellow Swedish progressive rock band The Flower Kings. It evokes themes of summer, the sun, and light in general as a comforting and hopeful concept. In their double album Blomljud (2008), Swedish for “Flower Sound”, themes of flowers and nature prevail throughout, with science fiction themes also playing a key role.

Lover’s End (2010) juxtaposes the story of a painful breakup with themes of nascent love, illustrating and accentuating emotions commonly associated with the stages before, during, and after a romantic relationship. Their EP Lover’s End Pt. III: Skellefteå Serenade (2012) functions as a continuation of the breakup story described in Lover’s End, with an additional emphasis on the powerful feelings associated with one’s hometown. It also develops and reprises themes from the songs Lover’s End Pt. I and Lover’s End Pt. II.

Their first live album The Gettysburg Address (2012) was recorded at a performance in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and features songs from their first three studio albums. Their fourth studio album, Himlabacken Vol. 1 (2013), Swedish for “Heaven Hill”, is about the band’s childhoods, growing up, and responsibilities of adulthood.

The musical style of Moon Safari is characterised by a symphonic rock sound with five-part vocal harmonies, something that the group struggled with at first until Simon taught the band how to perform them as each one could sing. Rundgren later said the harmonies soon became second nature. Simon Åkesson and Petter Sandström each perform lead vocals, with both of their voices often providing solo vocal melodies. However, all six members contribute to the vocal aspect of their music. Many of their melodies are sung as full vocal harmonies, and a number of their songs feature a capella sections. Major keys comprise the majority of their music, with minor keys often featured only in specific sections of their songs. They list their influences as The Beatles, and notable progressive rock bands Genesis, Marillion, IQ, and Yes, among others.

Current Members:

Petter Sandström – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica (2003–present)
Simon Åkesson – lead vocals, lead keyboards (2003–present)
Johan Westerlund – bass, backing vocals (2003–present)
Pontus Åkesson – guitars, backing vocals (2005–present)
Sebastian Åkesson – keyboards, guitars, backing vocals (2008–present)
Mikael Israelsson – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2015–present)

Name:  uno2023 g2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  715.7 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Insania-NEXUS-Insania

Teen Angel Meets The Apocalypse-MOON SAFARI- Himlabacken Vol. 2

Name:  moon3.jpg
Size:  251.8 KB

Name:  moon4.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  149.5 KB

Teen Angel Meets The Apocalypse
-MOON SAFARI

https://moonsafari.bandcamp.com/trac...the-apocalypse

GOOD LISTENING
Old 01-18-2024, 05:50 AM

PALLAS
Name:  pall1.jpg
Size:  295.9 KB

ABOUT

PALLAS

...from official website

Pallas biography

Formed in Aberdeen, UK in 1980 (before that as "Rainbow") - Hiatus between 1987-1998 - Still active as of 2019

PALLAS is, after MARILLION, and along with IQ and PENDRAGON, one of the most important acts of the Eighties Progressive rebirth. This is an energetic and magnificent neo progressive band in the style of IQ/MARILLION but with more edge. Their music is centered on melodic hooks, loud sound and great voice. "The Sentinel" brings a tint of pop in a still elaborate progressive spectrum.

Scottish prog band PALLAS definitely have one of the longest gaps between albums on record. They released their first album, "The Sentinel" in 1984 and followed it up with "The Wedge" two years later. Their next album, "Beat the Drum" (72 minutes of music with epic accents, rock rhythms and style, and ballads full of feeling), did not show up for 13 years. It will be followed by the wonderful "The Cross And The Crucible" in 2001. This album features all the things prog fans are looking for - atmospheric keyboards, great guitar tunes and a well working rhythm section - and last but not least an vocalist with an very own style. Highly recommended to fans of neo Progressive style.
PALLAS Videos (YouTube and more)

Name:  uno2023 h2.jpg
Size:  722.9 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Insania-NEXUS-Insania

Fever Pitch-PALLAS- The Messenger

Name:  pall3.jpg
Size:  197.0 KB

Name:  pall4.jpg
Size:  93.7 KB

Fever Pitch
-PALLAS

http://auralmoon.com/req.php?songid=200375

GOOD LISTENING
Old 01-23-2024, 02:34 PM

PROJECT XANADU
Name:  xana1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  576.5 KB

ABOUT

PROJECT XANADU

...from bandcamp website

Project: Xanadu was a live performing band in the early ‘90. After it disbanded, Singer Arthur van der Meulen and guitar player Mirko Pelgrom stayed in touch. At some point in the ‘10s we started working on new material, unsure of what to do with it. Resurrect Project: Xanadu? Involve other members? It remained in flux for some time.

While collecting the original material (mostly from poor quality rehearsal tapes) we realized that the songs were too good to be left behind. This resulted in the album “Reflections of Past Transgressions” (2020), filled with the original songs from the ‘90. This was quickly followed by an EP with two new songs, “A Testimony of Transgressions” (2021).

Immediately after the EP release we started working on a full length with all new songs. The overall goal we set ourselves was simple; improve! Improve in songwriting, in recording and in production. We set the bar high and needed several jumps to clear it, but we got there.

Refrained Transgressions is the culmination of 3 years of hard work, overcoming disappointments, learning from mistakes but finally succeeding. Each song has a clear identity, a distinct personality and a number of secrets for you to explore. We’ve grown as performers and made a huge step in the overall sound.

Needless to say we are damn proud of what we’ve created! Our job is now done, your journey is just beginning. Enjoy the ride.

Arthur & Mirko
credits
released September 9, 2023

All vocals & vocal arrangements: Arthur van der Meulen
Everything else: Mirko Pelgrom

Name:  uno2023 i2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  731.6 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

Insania-NEXUS-Insania

Spiraling Purity-PROJECT XANADU-Refrained Transgressions

Name:  xana3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  330.1 KB

Name:  xana4.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  93.7 KB

Spiraling Purity
-PROJECT XANADU

https://projectxanaduband.bandcamp.c...iraling-purity

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-23-2024 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:13 AM

SPIRERGY
Name:  sine1.jpg
Size:  108.1 KB

ABOUT

SPIRERGY

...from bandcamp website

Spirergy is a progressive rock band founded by Dave Allen, based in Hoylake, Wirral. The music derives from many different influences including prog rock, folk rock and jazz rock bands and artists from the early 1970's through to the present day. With inspiration from composers and instrumentalists with distinctive styles, ambitious compositions, experimentation, concept-driven lyrics, and musical virtuosity.
The debut album, 'Tomorrow?' was inspired by the current situation in the world and how it will be Tomorrow? Uncertainty and indecision, hard choices and the consequences of our actions.

Progressive rock, with its intricate compositions, expansive soundscapes and daring experimentation, has long been a genre that captivates the imagination and challenges the boundaries of musical expression. In the ever-evolving landscape of prog, a new entity has emerged – Spirergy. Embarking on a musical odyssey that transcends the genre’s signature elements with a contemporary twist.

Name:  uno2023 l2.jpg
Size:  736.8 KB

Hi friends

Push-TREVOR RABIN-Rio

i/o -PETER GABRIEL-I/O

In their realm of silence and hue-CEN-PROJEKT-Dark Clouds

Insania-NEXUS-Insania

Spiraling Purity-PROJECT XANADU-Refrained Transgressions

Endless Skies-SPIRERGY-Aeon

Name:  sine3.jpg
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  sine4.jpg
Size:  55.3 KB

Endless Skies
-SPIRERGY

https://spirergy.bandcamp.com/track/endless-skies

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-25-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: