Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM #187 - Fermata and Alphataurus

COTM #187 - Fermata and Alphataurus

Greetings Corner Dwellers

Thanks for checking in again this week. I bring you a couple of new old gems for your enjoyment.

First up will be a group from Italy during the height of era of Symphonic Italian Progressive Rock. Their name was not very well known in the public's eye and there is not a lot written about them either. But if you are a follower of that genre and know their music, they are very highly regarded. The group is Alphataurus and they come out of Milan. They released their debut and self-titled album in 1973, but sadly disbanded in 1974. The good news is that they have reunited and recently (2012) released a new album, both of which are here on Aural Moon. I will be playing a new addition to the Moon in their Live recording from 2010 entitled Live In Bloom.

The 2nd group this week is from behind the Iron Curtain in Slovakia. They are an amazing group of very talented musicians that had available to them many of the modern instrumentation of that era (formed in 1973). All they lacked was a Moog and Mellotron. And without them, they create some incredible Jazz/Rock/Fusion. I think you will be shocked and amazed by how talented they are. You might even tap your foot occasionally.

In the Aural Moon Library, we have their 1st two albums, Fermata and Pieseň z hôľ (1973 and 1976). I have a pair of new additions to the moon in their 3rd and 4th release. We will listen to Huascaran (77) and Dunahska Legenda (1980).

So, drop on by Friday night or catch the replay on Monday afternoon. This is going to be a great show.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: