Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2002, 08:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to X-Ternal
The Musical Box

Hey Avian, how's it going? Hi to everyone else as well. Just though I'd mention I'm back on the forums for a while I hope. Being a graphic artist, I don't get the net on most computers they buy me, but this time I pressured the "right" people and here I am, back on the net from work

Now Avian, about that Musical Box video I was gonna send you... I hope you will be able to wait a bit for it, because my computer wont support another big send like this...the compressed file is at 500 megs and it's in MPEG format... So what I'm gonna do is wait for my new computer at home, It's coming in about 2 weeks, I will then encode it in Divx format and the size is really gonna drop.

So I will wait a bit before sending it to you. I will also post it on alt.binaries.multimedia when I'm satisfied with the format for all you guys and gals who might want to see them play.

Waiting for some feedback. Cheers.

X-Ternal
Old 04-27-2002, 06:25 PM

???

as in live concert performance video?

that would be relatively Schweet
Old 04-29-2002, 09:09 AM

Smile

Yeppers Its one of 2 demo tapes that exist from before they became popular... thats about 7 years ago I think. They used this to book shows all over Québec. My uncle was promoting them in our region so he ended up with one of those demo tapes. Officially, I shouldn't have this, but I can't just keep this for myself.

The video is about 15 mins long with bits of Watchers of the sky, The Musical box (of course) and The Cinema Show. Its basicly the best bits that are on the video and it really shows the care and love they have in reproducting the music and feelings of Genesis.

If you're lucky, I'll get my new computer parts soon And I can all share this with you guys and gals.

If you have any other questions be sure to ask

Lates.

X-Ternal
Old 04-30-2002, 02:18 PM

phooey

OOOH! I thought that it was a video of Genesis performing The Musical Box, not the Musical Box performing Genesis. Sorry, but my interest level just plummetted from "mild interest" to "I wonder if Seinfeld reruns are on."
Old 05-01-2002, 05:53 PM

Well you don't know what your missing :P But still, I got some Genesis videos I could post. They were encoded by DoctorDypper.

One is a live performance on Belgian TV - February 1972 - 30 mins. (The fountain of Salmacis; Twilight Alehouse; The Musical Box; The return of the giant Hogweed) this is probably the best know early Genesis live recording and my favorite

The Second one is on French TV - September 1973 - about 30 mins. (I Know What I Like; Supper's Ready)

The last one is at Oxford - November 30, 1973 - about 63 mins.
(Watcher of the skies; Dancing with the moonlight Knight; I Know What I like; The Musical Box; Suppers Ready)

That's plus the Musical Box video which I highly recommend to any Genesis fan.

Those videos are big tho... and everyone on 56k connections and below will probably have to forget about downloading them... or they better have alot of patience

I don't know if i will post those tho, but I will certainly post the Musical Box vid.

How high is your interest level now Yesspaz? :P
Old 05-02-2002, 04:10 PM

Cool, cool, and cool.

I found a copy of the "Fountain of Salamacis" performance on Belgian TV, but for some reason the sound lags about a second behind the video. Otherwise I've never seen the other ones.

Since Genesis were such a visual band, I've always regretted never being able to actually see them play live (I was born a month after Invisible Touch came out (ick)). Seeing The Musical Box has never been a possibility.

Sooooo . . . Let's just say that I'm VERY interested in these vids.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Quote:
(I was born a month after Invisible Touch came out
<kills self>...
Old 05-03-2002, 08:26 AM

Heh, I feel your pain Avian

How how old does that make you Genesis74? 16? Maybe you should change your Alias to Genesis86 :P I'm just teasing don't worry.

Just knowing the name "Fountain of Salmacis" tells us that you know something beyond the "commercial" Genesis era So you might enjoy those vids as well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: