Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2002, 04:48 PM

Italian Prog anyone?

I have to say, this is one of my personal favorite sessions in my prog collection. Only the Italians to compose true musical gems like “R.I.P. – Requiescant in pace” (BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO), “Zarathustra” (MUSEO ROSENBACH), “Villa Doria Pamphili” (QUELLA VECCHIA LOCANDA), “Principe di Giorno” (CELESTE), “Appena un pó” (P.F.M.), “Sogno di Estunno” (LOCANDA DELLE FATE), “Tenerci per Mano” (LE ORME), “Lo Specchio” (H2O), among so many others. I know there are people who take some time to get into the language, but once you surpass this little barrier you’ll discover why the Italians were and are still nowadays so respected in the Progressive scene.

Anyone else into this brilliant prog stuff?
Old 01-29-2002, 10:04 AM

Of Course

I have been very lucky in recent years to see both Banco & Le Orme at the Prog-Fests in southern california

Back in the 70's I saw PFM record a few songs (including Celebration) for a TV broadcast.

QUESTION: I know we have talked about Italian Rock before, but I can not recall you ever mentioning Il Balleto di Bronzo and their brilliant release "YS" which I consider one of the best Italian Prog releases of all time..

Do you have this one or what are you thoughts on it, to loud and raw perhaps?
Old 01-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Owner/Program Director

I'm actually looking for Ys at a halfway decent price. Also considering Quella Vecchia Locanda. More Le Orme and Banco are likely, when I get around to it.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:03 PM

Re: Of Course

Quote:
Originally posted by unleasHell
QUESTION: I know we have talked about Italian Rock before, but I can not recall you ever mentioning Il Balleto di Bronzo and their brilliant release "YS" which I consider one of the best Italian Prog releases of all time..
Do you have this one or what are you thoughts on it, to loud and raw perhaps?
I listened to this once, and enjoyed it a lot too, just didn't have the chance to get the CD yet. It's on my wish list for some time already, thanks for reminding me of including it on my next purchase.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by progdirjim
(...) Also considering Quella Vecchia Locanda. More Le Orme and Banco are likely, when I get around to it.
If you don't have MUSEO ROSENBACH "Zarathustra" and LOCANDA DELLE FATE "Forse le Lucciole non si amano piu" yet, do yourself a favour and consider these great titles, they are first class Italian prog too.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:09 PM

and of course Maxaphone

Demetrio: sounds good

ProgDirJim: Try SynPhonic, I would think that you know of Greg as he is not far from San Diego...

here is his link:

http://synphonic.8m.com/

can you put his link on the Home page under "Buy"?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: