Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2020, 10:27 AM
Head Joint

Petroglyph Music 2020 Compilation

hello everyone just wanted to let you know, the label i have taken over to run will be releasing a massive compilation album to support the Bob Moog Foundation. We already have quite a few progressive rock bands on board to sending tracks in for this project including Dave Kerzner with Billy Sherwood, Fernando Perdomo will be creating a new track exclusively for this compilation, District 97, Lazleitt, Lifesigns, Herd Of Instinct, Garbiel Agudo and many more.

My label Petroglyph Music has been around for about 8 years now and up till now have released only ambient / electronic / experimental music but since i have started running things, we are going to include progressive rock and post rock as well. If you know of any artist / band or you yourself would like to submit a song for this compilation then please do. would be nice to have a track from you.

please send your track to petroglyphmusic2020@gmail.com in wav or flac. no longer than 20 minutes and please include artist/band name in the file name with song title. thanks. cheers.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:23 PM
Head Joint

Re: Petroglyph Music 2020 Compilation

Here is the poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compilation Poster 2020a.jpg (110.5 KB, 259 views)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 AM

Head ..... Dave Kerzner with Billy Sherwood, Fernando Perdomo, District 97,

Lazleitt, Lifesigns, Herd Of Instinct, Garbiel Agudo

.... already this will be an excellent compilation ...

but surely many other important or emerging ones will participate ...

I wish the best things to your projects ....
Old 01-17-2020, 05:51 AM
Head Joint

hi Nicola. yes there are many others involved with this as well. so far we have almost 80 songs uploaded and ready for pre order. we are still waiting for many other musicians to send in their music as well. im almost a 100% sure tangerine dream will be on board for this as well. been in talks with Bianca froese. she will be getting back to me in a few days after a tangerine dream exhibition. she said she would be honored to support Michelle and the foundation. so will see what happens there. we also have a lot of indie electronic musicians too. we are expecting this compilation to have anywhere from 150 to 200 songs by the time it is completed. here is the bandcamp page if you would like to check it out and listen to the 21 songs i have enabled to be heard for free. https://petroglyphmusic.bandcamp.com...oog-foundation
Old 01-18-2020, 10:08 AM
Head Joint

https://petroglyphmusic.bandcamp.com...oog-foundation

Pre-order of Petroglyph Music 2020 Compilation For The Benefit Of The Bob Moog Foundation. You get 39 tracks now (streaming via the free Bandcamp app and also available as a high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more), plus the complete album the moment it’s released

This compilation is being curated by Petroglyph Music and will have roughly 150 to 200 tracks in total. All proceeds from the sale of this album, minus bandcamp fees and paypal fees, will go to the Bob Moog Foundation. Thank you for supporting the foundation by pre-ordering and purchasing this massive compilation.

UPDATED 2020-01-19
PETROGLYPH MUSIC 2020 COMPILATION FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE BOB MOOG FOUNDATION
WWW.PETROGLYPHMUSIC2020.COM
So far we have 107 tracks from

District 97--prog rock
Brother Saturn--electronic
Fernando Perdomo--prog rock
The Yellow Box--prog rock
Cairo--prog rock
Nimbostrata feat. Images Without Resemblance - S†RɅTA--electronic
Stick Men--prog rock
Angstzeit--electronic
Djam Karet--prog rock
IO Earth--prog rock
Home Brewed Universe--progresive post rock
Dubtrak--electronic
Tom Kelly--prog rock
The Hyperion Circle--prog electronic
Magic Pie--prog rock
Mixtaped Monk--electronic
Oliver Papke and Colin Powell--progressive rock
Dominique Vantomme feat. Tony Levin, Michel Delville--prog rock
Philippe Neau--
Centrozoon--electronic / prog rock
John Holden--prog rock
New Toy--prog rock
Cyrille Verdeaux Clearlight--prog rock
Rob Cottingham--prog rock
Brainquake--electronic
Flaming Row--prog rock
Dewa Budjana feat. Jordan Rudess, Marco Minnemann, Mohini Dey,-- --John Frusciante(feat. Soimah Pancawati)--prog rock
Altocirrus--electronic
Franck Carducci--prog rock
Fearful Symmetry--prog rock
Mauro Sambo--electronic
Dwiki Dharmawan (feat. Jimmy Haslip, Chad Wackerman, Dewa-- --Budjana, Tohpati, Jerry Goodman--prog rock
Art Griffin's Sound Chaser--prog rock
syncreticSOUNDS--electronic
The Aaron Clift Experiment--prog rock
Reed Ghazalaa--experimental
Mark Wingfield - I Wonder How Many Miles I've Fallen--prog rock
Existence--prog rock
The Orchestra Of Mirrored Reflections--electronic
Glorious Wolf--prog rock
Colin Edwin--prog rock
SRVTR--experimental
Tony Spada-Holding Pattern--prog rock
LAZLEITT--prog rock
Graham Fialkiewicz--electronic
Patrizio Pica + Ben Presto--experimental
Thomas_Park--electronic
The Bliss Magnets--prog rock
ZUMAIA--electronic
Boban Ristevski--electronic
Zonevreemd--electronic/post rock
whoknowswhocares--electronic
Cedric Elisabeth--electronic
waktu loopa--electronic
Spaghetti Castle--electronic
Srdjan Marinkovic--electronic
M.NOMIZED--electronic
Adeptus Mechanicus--electronic
Pendro_Universal--electronic
Vassily K.--experimental
Jan Ross--electronic
Christopher Petkus--electronic
philippe neau--electronic experimental
The Marquee Catastrophe--prog rock
Yellow Salamand'r--experimental
Herd Of Instinct--prog rock
A Multitude of One--progressive rock
Jack Potter--prog rock
Mark Cook and Michael Jobborn--ambient / prog rock
Head Joint--ambient / prog rock
New Nobility--
Slow Wave Sleep--experimental
Dark Beauty--prog rock
Cousin Silas and Head Joint--electronic
Sean Derrick Cooper Marquardt--accidental guitar
Orpheus Nine--prog rock
The Blood Dolphins (IDTAL)--
Marco Lucchi--
Peter W--experimental
Darikus Whalen--
Pariah UK--electro prog
NIGHT HAZE--
Head Joint and Frank Jobborn--prog rock
L'assenza di separazione--
Anthony Osborne--
Jaime Munarriz--
GROSSO GADGETTO--
Wilfried Hanrath--
The Hauchzart Enemble--
roel meelkop--
Dūrga--post rock
MAļAK--post rock
Amplidyne Effect--electronic
Waveskania--

Last edited by skitzdout : 01-19-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:06 PM

That's a pretty long list. It's only going to grow I'm sure. Anyway, glad to be a part of it.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:53 AM
Head Joint

just wanted to give you an update on what is going on with the fundraiser for the Bob Moog Foundation. we are restructuring the compilation in genre and volumes. so prog and electronic will be separated and the prog tracks are spread out evenly through out each volume. then the electronic portion of this will be structured the same. as of right now I think there will be 5 volumes maybe 6 in total by release of prog. right now there has been 7 hours of prog donated with more on the way. we also have 8 hours of electronic with more on the way as well. i have contacted 9 print magazines in total. prog mag last week 7 of them just two days ago and 1 yesterday. so far prog mag is on board. today Canadian Musician magazine got back to me and will offer their support with promoting in their mag and through all their contacts and outlets.

i have contacted prog rock magazines and electronic music magazines. also billboard and rolling stone too. so hoping they all get on board. everyone in the industry knows who bob moog is. so them helping out the foundation is not going to be problem i dont think. so right now things are on hold till kev feeley gets back to me tonight and we are going to organize all the progressive rock on bandcamp soon enough the volumes will be ready for the magazines to see everything look more professional and organized. i did explain all this to the magazines too so they are well aware things will be organized that way too.

to organize it like that came from Jo from prog mag so was great advice indeed and will follow it. as it was all songs all genres together would be to overwhelming for most people and most certainly a nightmare for reviewers to properly do their job without having to sort through 18 hours of unorganized mix genre music to get to the genre they actually review. now it will be accessable and easily digested by the reviewers and magazines that get on board with this. so i do indeed want all the sponsors of this project,

so far a couple labels and 7 prog rock stations and shows and 1 electronic station so far, to have their logos added to all be on a page on the website with clickable links to their sites hopefully by clicking the logo. ill see if we can put this right on the homepage too. so people see the logos on the first page they will see when going to the site. not sure when this can happen but it will be before the magazines start printing their issues that contain this project. that way when they hit the stores they will be going to a finished site with all the information about this project there. this whole project is a work in progress and im sure it will all fall into place just right for everyone involved. from the beginning i have always wanted this to be one big promotion and i knew by doing that. the foundation would be able to benefit financially while everyone else has their sites and music seen and heard by a much wider audience. that is why I have been promoting bands for free for the past 3 years. I just love to spread all the great music around. the bands I have promoted for deserved to have their music reach as many people as possible

for me its fun and so easy to do what im doing tbh. well its a lot of work but i have zero complaints about this whole process. its a totally new experience for me doing a fundraiser as well as promoting on this scale and im learning lots but with my admin team on the label and me curating the music and contacting people to help promote, we will be able to do this just right and everyone will be happy. so far we have all the prog stations, all the well known ones. think i have 7 prog stations and shows on board to support and promote this project with interviews and hosting stuff on their sites as well as we are creating an audio advertisement for all the stations to play. im also doing the same in the electronic music part of this compilation and will contact all the most popular stations to setup interviews with them

Dave Kerzner has agreed to join Michelle Moog Koussa and I on some of those interviews to discuss his thoughts on bob moog and his instruments. I have reached out to Bianca Froese, wife of the now deceased Edgar of tangerine dream to also join us for some interviews to talk about Edgars love for moog and the musical world he created and what ever else she would like to of course. she has already told me she would be honored to support Michelle and the foundation. so far things are headed in the right direction for this project. I will be having a phone conference with Michelle and Kev Feeley this week to discuss how this project is going to work moving forward. I want this to look and run very professional so making all these changes helps to achieve that goal.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:43 AM
Head Joint

here is a list of all the progressive rock bands that have currently submitted a song or two to the Petroglyph Music compilation fundraiser for The Bob Moog Foundation and are currently supporting this project. still lots more on the way

Ambiazok

Art Griffin's Sound Chaser

Cairo

Centrozoon

Colin Edwin

Comedy Of Errors

Cyrille Verdeaux's Clearlight

Dark Beauty

Dewa Budjana Feat. Jordan Rudess, Marco Minnemann, Mohini Dey, John Frusciante, Soimah Pancawati

District 97

Djam Karet

Dominuque Vantomme Feat. Tony Levin, Michel Delville

Doug Woods and Colin Powell

Dwiki Dharmawan Feat. Jimmy Haslip, Chad Wackerman,- -Dewa Budjana, Tohpati, Jerry Goodman

Existence

Fearful Symmetry

Fernando Perdomo

Flaming Row

Franck Carducci

Frank Jobborn

Glorious Wolf

Grand Tour

Head Joint

Herd Of Instinct

Home Brewed Universe

IO Earth