Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Patron

Olympic Games 2012 in London

I have to say that I really like in general the Olympic games. This time in 16 days a total of 302 competitions are held and are in search for the winner of the medals. I might not like to watch every kind of sport performed during the games, but the the search for the best is always interesting.

Although the games are not finished yet (3 days are remaining) I would like to thank London for donating us with such a marvelous event. Not only that the opening was so excellent, the complete organization is perfect and you can feel the real enthusiasm and hospitality of all the English people even if you are not in London.

Thank you London for this global event!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:11 PM

Re: Olympic Games 2012 in London

I second that. I've been enjoying watching as much of it as I can. I've always been a big fan of the Olympics and this has been a lot of fun.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:01 AM
KeithieW

I walked to work this morning and was amazed at the outpouring of national pride in London by people wearing flags of hundreds of different countries. Peaceful expressions of joy that made me feel SO proud to be a Londoner.

Thank you for your thoughts lotus. It means a lot!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Banned

Former singer of great band The Smiths, MORRISSEY says he dislike the Olympic Games. In a post on his blog, He says he’s “unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event” and that the “dazzling royals” have “hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs.” He goes on to say that the whole thing is “lethal to witness," adding, “As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances, and economic disasters... The spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain." Which, well yeah, but how about that Michael Phelps ?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 AM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
Former singer of great band The Smiths, MORRISSEY says he dislike the Olympic Games. In a post on his blog, He says he’s “unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event” and that the “dazzling royals” have “hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs.” He goes on to say that the whole thing is “lethal to witness," adding, “As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances, and economic disasters... The spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain." Which, well yeah, but how about that Michael Phelps ?
But Morrissey is a Dickhead of the first order and nothing he ever says or writes about bears any resemblance to real life IMHO.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now. It should Heaven knows I'm just miserable....LOL!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
But Morrissey is a Dickhead of the first order and nothing he ever says or writes about bears any resemblance to real life IMHO.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now. It should Heaven knows I'm just miserable....LOL!
Not my personal opinion KW ! But it's always fun with Morrissey's opinion ... and because he doesn't work for the Royals he's opinion is real. Yep, Bigmouth Strikes Again, lol.
And I always liked the music of The Smiths and also mostly the soloworks from Morrissey.
And I'm liking the Olympic Games too.

Greetings, ErikM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: