Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 AM
KeithieW

Mars Hollow sack Kerry Kompost!!!!!!!!

A very sad state of affairs indeed.

Kerry has been sacked as Bass player in Mars Hollow.

Musical differences?.....NO!!!
Bad behaviour on the road?.....NO!
Not pulling his weight?.....CERTAINLY NOT!!!!! Kerry was Mars Hollow's greatest PR person, no question!

If what I hear is true (and until I hear from the band themselves I won't say what this is) then it is a totally sad and completely unecessary state of affairs and has probably ruined the career of one of the best bands to come onto the prog scene in the last few years.

They were due to play Celebr8 in the UK on July 8th and their performance now appears to have been scuppered by this latest turn of affairs leaving hundreds of fans disappointed.

As a friend I wish Kerry, one of the nicest and most genuine people that I have met, all good wishes in the projects he is involved with in the future.

See you on the road some time matey.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Mars Hollow sack Kerry Kompost!!!!!!!!

Keith,
You can't leave a ticking bomb like this without some shred of evidence or fact to substantiate your statements.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the band although I did see a simple statement on facebook from the group announcing his leaving. So this takes me by surprise.

Of course I wholly understand your disappointment at loosing the band in the upcoming festival. I think, however, proof first, then cry foul.

Besides, John Jowitt will probably be there, he might as well fill in, he plays for everyone else.....

Here's hoping it's not what you heard. (but I'll keep my rope in case we need to lynch someone).

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:51 PM

There is a post about this on PE. Kerry is a member there and of course has a different take on it.The thread is titled "Mars Hollow implodes." You can read it at http://www.progressiveears.com/

I guess the other members want to spin it as "Kerry was sacked" but according to Kerry he just left what he considered a bad situation. He didn't go into details and that is his right to not be specific.

Last edited by Mike413 : 06-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

This was posted on their FB group page:

To all the incredible fans, friends and supporters of Mars Hollow

The band has suffered a very difficult, extremely emotional transition due entirely to external circumstances; at the advice of a very close, supportive and well-known prog musician, the band – including Kerry and John -- have decided to take an indefinite hiatus in order to let things cool off and to allow time to put things into perspective.

Please understand this hiatus has nothing to do with musical differences, friendships, money or “success”. We are a tight-knit group of close friends who, unfortunately, have found ourselves in a very sensitive and quite personal situation which has nothing to do with the band members, ourselves.

We hope with time and personal reflection, there will be a significant chance we will re-convene as Mars Hollow in the future – the only question is how long will it take?

Until then, thank you -- from the bottom of our broken and bruised hearts -- for your INCREDIBLE support and kindness. You truly are the best folks in the world and we feel SO lucky to have your support and understanding.

To our friends in the United Kingdom – our deepest apologies for not being able to fulfill what was, for most of us in the band, the dream of a lifetime. To Geoff Banks and Jon Patrick, please accept our profound apologies, we feel absolutely terrible to have let you, the fans and the fantastic bands at Celebr8 Prog down in this fashion. Hopefully we will be asked back if and when we’re able to continue as a band.

Sincerely, Jerry Beller and Steve Mauk on behalf of John Baker and Kerry “Kompost” Chicoine

http://www.facebook.com/MarsHollow

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:51 AM
la familia patron

There's so much more. Last night at the Shaming of the True show, it was a topic of discussion. There's more on FB. I think the whole thing stinks and is so sad. I wish everyone in the band and Kerry the best. Maybe some day things will work out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: