Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 AM

Pete Sinfield - King Crimson

It seems strange that perhaps one of the most influential early members of King Crimson - Pete Sinfield - never seems to get his solo Album "Still" (1973) played. If you like the early lyrics of King Crimson then you will love "Still". If you have never heard it - get a copy (if you can). Who came up with the groups name anyway?

With titles like:
Song of the sea goat
Envelopes of yesterday
Still
The night people

Most of the early Crimson crew are on it:
Greg Lake, Mel Collins, Boz, John Wetton - Pete plays acoustic guitar, synthesizer & vocals.

if you don't like the music - get it just for the album cover - I have one of the originals "fantastic! - who designed it ?- Pete, of course

Rae
Old 07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
KeithieW

Welcome to the Moon raeshaw.

Welcome and I hope you post often. always good discussions around here.

I agree with you about the sinfield album.

progdirjim will read this eventually and I know he'll look into it.

Welcome again.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:17 PM

See, it's people like you, raeshaw, that make the Moon fun. I didn't even know Pete Sinfield had a solo album - and now I do. Thanks.

PS. You don't happen tobe Pete Sinfield, do you? Find AM, immediately go to the library and look up Pete Sinfield, make your first post about his album... Looks a little "suspicious" to me
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 AM

What a great welcome!

At least I didn’t get the Spanish inquisition! No one expects that.

I have been listening to AM for a little while (June 22nd in fact) – so have had the opportunity to check out the play list. I am impressed – so much so, that I recently became a patron and now listen in glorious 128k.

I hail from years past – when you could watch YES at the Croydon greyhound pub and nip across to a lunch time session at the Fairfield halls and catch David Bowie for 2/6d. My first three albums – after “Sinatra at the Sands” (don’t knock it – Count Basie was explosive)– where “Stand Up” – Jethro Tull, Ummagumma – Pink Floyd and the immortal “In the court of the Crimson King” – bought the week it was released.

Anyway – thanks again for the welcome – I hope I can contribute – I’m sure that I will learn a few things. Certainly I’ll enjoy the music. Great site guys.

Rae
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 AM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally posted by raeshaw
I hail from years past – when you could watch YES at the Croydon greyhound pub and nip across to a lunch time session at the Fairfield halls and catch David Bowie for 2/6d. My first three albums – after “Sinatra at the Sands” (don’t knock it – Count Basie was explosive)– where “Stand Up” – Jethro Tull, Ummagumma – Pink Floyd and the immortal “In the court of the Crimson King” – bought the week it was released.
Rae
Ye Gods!

The Greyhound in Croydon was a great venue. I, too, used to go there in the early 70s and saw plenty of gigs such as Wishbone Ash at the Fairfield Halls too. I expect I literally bumped into you there (I was always very clumsy )

We have another guy from Perth who goes under the handle of Nice_Man he sometimes comes into the chat room and I hope you do too. Always a place to chat about ANYTHING (and I do mean ANYTHING).

Glad you like the station. Avian, progdirjim, Roger.lee, Extended Play, Sean (Prog Shores) and Yesspaz (BrainRock) do us proud and look after things really well.

Write and tell us about the prog scene in Australia. I've really gotten into Sebastian Hardie since listening to The Moon. Are there any other "Down Under" bands worth looking out for. Start a new thread and watch the comments fly.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Waye
Glad you like the station. Avian, progdirjim, Roger.lee, Extended Play, Sean (Prog Shores) and Yesspaz (BrainRock) do us proud and look after things really well.
Man, I don't do jack. All I do is waste four hours of your time every week with a headphone show. But thanks for the props. You're a good old bloke, KW. I think I'll eat fish and chips today in honor of the Brit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: