Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #201 - Italian Fusion

COTM - #201 - Italian Fusion (Nova, Il Volo, and Napoli Centrale).

Greetings my fellow Prog and Fusion Lovers.

This week we have come back around to the Italians again. But this artist feature will show the Jazz Rock or Fusion side of their music. The groups are Nova, Il Volo, and Napoli Centrale.
We begin with Nova, which actually started off as a one-off group called Uno. Uno added 3 more musicians and headed for more of a jazz rock feel and Nova was the result. Their first album, Blink, was released in 1976 and it is what I’ll play for you.

The second album is from Il Volo. They were pretty much the Supergroup of Italian Jazz Rock. The bands that the members came from were Formula Tre (3), Flora Fauna Cemento, Osage Tribe, Duello Marder, Ribelli and Pleasure Machine. Their influences are myriad but the combination worked very well together. I will be playing their second album Essere O Non Essere?, which was released in 1975.

Topping off the show is the group Napoli Centrale. The founders James Senese and Franco Del Prete pulled in American keyboardist Mark Harris and UK bass player Tony Walmsley. Their sound was a little more to the Jazz side like Chicago and BS&T, as well as Nova and Brand X. I will be playing their self-titled debut album.

I hope you will swing by during one of the three chances you have to listen in to COTM.

d

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Patron

Re: COTM - #201 - Italian Fusion

Diggin' it.

Napoletano as a spoken language is incredible and diverse. Almost unintelligible to the untrained ear it is so far removed from Tuscan Italian. And so with Napoli Centrale, the distinctive dialect comes to life in a prog band, but also reminds of another Master of Italian music named Pino Daniele, who sadly passed away recently. I bought one of his classic LPs back in the day and he stands as one of my favorite all-time artists.

And Dale, I always enjoy these shows. Most of the time learning...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: