Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #223 - Versylus, cyrill Verdeaux and Anyone's Daughter

COTM - #223 - ENCORE of #119 - Versylus, C. Verdeaux & Anyone's Daughter
Hello my friends

About two years ago at this time I was moving out of my home of 30+ years (on purpose) and moving into a temporary apartment. We were starting a journey to change our life direction and that eventually found us in the foothills of East Tennessee outside Chattanooga. My computer systems were snarled up and I had to present this show (#119) without introductions. I am currently in a state of upgrades and network changes and I find myself in the same situation. Odd coincidence or cosmic? You decide. I hope you enjoy this encore broadcast.

------------------

I start off with the self-titles album for the short-lived group Versylus. They are from Pennsylvania. Their eponymous album was released in 1982. Like last week, this is the time when the new wave of punk rock took it's tool on their popularity and ultimately their survival.

Next up is Cyrill Verdeaux and his 1984 album Journey to Tantraland. You would most likely know him from his group Clearlight. The death of his son around 1978 led him to travel the world and India was one of the stops. As with many people, it was a very spiritual experience and he brought much of that back with him. Tantraland is part of the Chakras and this one in particular if about our sexuality. So perhaps you can tune your sexual vibe and energy while listening. (Those of you in offices, I suggest you wait until you go home.)

The third album is from Anyone's Daughter. They are a Symphonic prog band out of Germany. They formed in the mid 70's, releasing their first album in 1979. Today's album is In Blau and was released in 1982. They broke up just a few years later (1984), but it seems there was a brief reunion around the turn of the century.

I hope you enjoy today's selections.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: