Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to lenron
Smile Trey Gunn, Pat Mastelotto, Joe Mendolson - and me.

So the Santomojo Music & Arts Summit in Houston was a raging flop. However, Quodia did perform. On top of that, Trey had invited Pat to come out, unannounced, to perform with Quodia. An AMAZING performance.

I got to meet and hang out with Trey, Joe, and Pat all that day, and they are as pleasant and groovy as I thought. Super super nice guys. I introduced them to a local band here call SK-1 Project, and all 3 seemed to really like the performance. We talked about touring, King Crimson, Trey's gear, Houston (where the event was), kids and family (Pat brough his wife and daughter), and Austin (which is an amazing place.)

The event, which I helped to coordinate, was a dud due to to turnout (or lack of), but Trey & Co. were consumate professionals and gave it their all - which made me feel slightly less guilty for having invited them out!

I am already working on a new event for next year in Houston (I have severed all ties with the Santomojo event due to severely poor planning and coordination on their part.) Trey, Joe and Pat all has professed interest in my new event next year, dubbed the Blue Stone Gathering. Unlike the Santomojo fiasco, the Committee for Blue Stone is infinitely more reliable and accountable. Should be rad! If you're in Houston next fall - do try and attend. It will be truly amazing!

Ok I am done. How are my fellow Moonies?
NINO
Old 12-22-2006, 09:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sintetista Send a message via Yahoo to Sintetista Send a message via Skype™ to Sintetista
Re: Trey Gunn, Pat Mastelotto, Joe Mendolson - and me.

Well pretty good, or rather ugly Nino.

Wishing we had more gigs over here.

But in the meantime just hanging in there.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Re: Trey Gunn, Pat Mastelotto, Joe Mendolson - and me.

Yes keep at it! Thanks for a great review and look forward to hearing more...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: