Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Patron

New Jadis CD and Martin Orford leaves (cut and paste)

BABOON ENQUIRIES January 2006

JADIS
plus guest
Steve Thorne

MR KYPS
POOLE
THURSDAY 19TH JAN
www.jadis-net.co.uk/tour.htm for more details
www.jadis-net.co.uk/ccshop1.html to buy tickets

Happy New Year to you all,

Some big news updates from Jadis to start the year off ...........

The new album 'Photoplay' is now finished and review copies have already been sent out to magazines, fanzines and radio. The disc will be available to buy from the end of February. The full track listing is as follows :

There's a light
What goes around
Asleep in my hands
Standing still
Need to breathe
Who I am
All you've ever known
Please open your eyes
Make me move
I hear your voice
Photoplay

Gary reckons it to have some of his best riffs and melodies to date and says it shows a heavier side to the band which he has wanted to promote and get out of his system for a long time. A lot more has gone into the vocal arrangements and Steve Thorne has contributed backing vocals and harmonies on most of the tracks. Lyrically it covers a broad spectrum, but does touch a few times on Gary's disregard and loathing for religion, and fanatical faith.

All the artwork has again been done by Geoff Chandler at www.artworks91.com and the front cover is on view online at www.jadis-net.co.uk/index1.htm.

The other big news is that Martin has decided to end his involvement with the band. This has not come as a shock to the rest of the band as they had been expecting this for a while. Although it might sound a bit cliche, the 'musical differences' thing was quite a big factor and it is true that Martin was under used within the parameters of what Jadis do. There is absolutely no ill feeling at all and the rest of the guys are very grateful for his input and obvious talents that have helped shape many of the Jadis albums since 'More Than Meets The Eye' back in '91 and we wish him every success with his next solo album and future IQ projects. The rest of the guys have been in touch with a couple of prospective new keyboard players who are interested in working with the band - so as soon as they have made a choice, we will let you know.

For those of you willing to travel, you can see Martin's last show with Jadis at Mr Kyps in Poole on Thursday 19th Jan ... go to www.jadis-net.co.uk/ccshop1.html to order your tickets.

All the best,

Herman Hermitt
Old 01-23-2006, 03:16 PM

Re: New Jadis CD and Martin Orford leaves (cut and paste)

My opinion is that Jadis albums alternate great and okay:

- More Than Meets The Eye: Okay. "Wonderful World" is a great track.
- Across The Water: Great.
- Somersault: Okay, with a couple of very good tracks.
- Understand: Just plain fantastic. (This is one of the two albums which revived my interest in prog a few years back. The other was Marillion's This Strange Engine.)
- Fanatic: Okay. Very consistent, but no really great tracks.

So I have high hopes for Photoplay. :-)
Old 01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Owner/Program Director

Re: New Jadis CD and Martin Orford leaves (cut and paste)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rawdon
My opinion is that Jadis albums alternate great and okay:

- More Than Meets The Eye: Okay. "Wonderful World" is a great track.
- Across The Water: Great.
- Somersault: Okay, with a couple of very good tracks.
- Understand: Just plain fantastic. (This is one of the two albums which revived my interest in prog a few years back. The other was Marillion's This Strange Engine.)
- Fanatic: Okay. Very consistent, but no really great tracks.

So I have high hopes for Photoplay. :-)
I'm listening to Photoplay right now - I have to say that I like it. It will be added to the Moon in short order...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: