Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to PlayingTheFool Send a message via AIM to PlayingTheFool Send a message via Yahoo to PlayingTheFool
What Thome Yorke of Radiohead thinks of Progressive Rock

An interview with Thom from Mojo magazine:

"QUESTION:
This is to follow up Mojo man Andrew Male's query about prog-rock favourites; would any Radiohead member like to provide comments for a feature I'm writing for the same Mojo issue; do 'prog-rock' values still hold their ground in the contemporary era? What is it about prog-rock that still appeals, despite it being widely treated as a genre for losers, geeks, whathaveyou? I'd really appreciate some feedback from a band with their feet so firmly rooted in 2001, yet with some connectivity to the prog spirit. Thanks

ANSWER:
prog rock is sad. and krautrock is not prog rock is more punk. queen were not prog rock. the were camp and not serious or shite enough. pink floyd moved to slow to be prog rock. certain areas of electronica smell of prog occasionally, i try not to notice. those who thought prog rock was like jazz are deluded. i dont know what prog rock is. never did. just because you change time signature a couple of times doesnt mean you is singing abou the fairies in the woods does it? were genesis prog rock? when peter gabriel put a flower round his head and kicked a bass drum was that prog? i have no connectivity with anything prog whatsoever except maybe that last bit about the flower and the kick drum and peter gabriel. "

So, what do you guys think?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canterbury_Scene/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: