Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > New Moon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
No clue anymore

Jon Anderson interview.

From Sea Of Tranquility.

The Yes related comments are:

SoT: Now, in the summer, Yes is touring with Styx, and they have a different vocalist. I'm wondering how you respond to that. Were you asked to come along?

Jon: No, they don't want me in the band because I'm too much—what's the word? I don't like it when they're not playing good, and I would tell them. They're nice guys and they're doing what they want to do, going around the world like Journey. It's just gigs, you know? They make money and do their thing, and that's okay. The fact that the moved on when I was sick was very disrespectful, but I've said that before and that's the way life is sometimes. They're a group of guys out there trying to make money, so God bless them for that, and they're playing music that I didn't write so what do I care?

SoT: Well, I know you didn't sing on Drama, but for fans, you are the voice of Yes, so do you feel any ownership to the role and to the name? Do you feel that if someone else is singing, it's not really Yes?

Jon: No, I don't mind Benoît [David, singer of Mystery] singing the songs. The only thing that really bothered me when it happened was that they should've told people who was in the band, and they didn't. They just went out as Yes, and obviously, without me or Rick, there not really Yes. People would go to see them and think "gosh, Jon looks very young," and he doesn't really even look like me. It's just that when people pay to see their favorite band, they want to see who they want to see, of course.

THE REST IS HERE:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=1862

let the opinions flow

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me

Last edited by TheFish : 05-07-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: