Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Monkeyboy =)

R.I.P. Rodolfo Maltese

Just found out that Rudy has passed away at 68 on Oct 5th, 2015... Another Banco musician is laid to rest... I was very fortunate to have seen Banco twice in concert and will always remember Rodolfo and Francesco and along with Vittorio will forever be one of the greatest bands ever! Such passionate live performances..unbelievable and unforgettable.
thanks for the music...

This is translated from an Italian website....

He died Saturday night at the Policlinico Umberto I in Rome Rodolfo Maltese, historical guitarist of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, affectionately nicknamed Rudy from fans and friends. A name very dear to fans of progressive rock, which already have cried on February 21, 2014, the death of Francesco Di Giacomo. The musician has long fought against cancer, but, despite the disease, has always conducted its business with the Bank and its parallel projects. On the Facebook page of the Banco del Mutuo Soccorso it appeared this touching farewell message, citing their masterpiece Moby Dick: "We gather in silence collected, discreet, deep - just like you Rudy. The pain and 'too, but you dedicate the smile that, in so many years, you have made us never fail .... And you will dance to the heart hitting the moon. "
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 AM

Re: R.I.P. Rodolfo Maltese

Wow, that's sad news. I saw Banco only once but they were great.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I posted your post on the progressive ears website.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:21 PM

This is actually old news. He actually died three weeks ago and yes it was made public then also.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Monkeyboy =)

@Mike, hence the first line of my message, I "JUST" found out and the date when he died.. Oct.5.... I haven't heard anyone on the Moon mention it, so thats why I did.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:22 PM

RIP Roolfo now Nothing wont be the same , ciao è grazie per la musica

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: