Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2003, 12:54 PM

Kansas live albums

Hi!
I got the rest of Kansas studio albums today - Vinyl Confessions and Drastic Measures - I like them both.
Now question is - what should I buy next? What Kansas live albums I should have?

Br,
J
Old 09-27-2003, 02:12 PM

I prefer Live at the Whisky to Two for the Show. Tracks 4-9 on the former are excellent: Point of Know Return, Song for America, The Wall, Hold On, Dust in the Wind, and Miracles Out of Nowhere. I regret that Song for America was abridged, but both albums suffer from this defect.

For any not familiar with Kansas, Vinyl Confessions and Drastic Measures are absolutely horrible. Start instead with Song For America or Leftoverture.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:26 PM

A bit confused

I thought you were implying, Jerklund, that you had the rest of the studio albums already. If you do not, Vermillion is on the money, although I would get Masque & Pt of KR before Song for America. That's splitting hairs, of course - get them all (except for the two you got!).

I think the Morse one (In The Spirit of Things?) should also be avoided. Leftoverture is a perfect record. Monolith is excellent, and aside from Walsh's deteriorating vocals, I like Freaks of Nature. The last one, Somewhere to Elsewhere, is outstanding! Or you could go back to ProtoKaw..........................
Old 09-27-2003, 02:39 PM

Kansas...

yes - I have all studio albums - finally bought also those Elephante ones...I like them, they are a bit different, but OK.

now I'm after LIVE stuff...

J
Old 09-27-2003, 02:43 PM

Live

I've never heard the Whisky one, so I'd defer to Vermillion and get that one.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I prefer Live at the Whisky to Two for the Show
Both are great albums, but I stay with Two for the Show, has an amazing version of Song for America and the only version I can listen of Dust in the Wind.

Sorry they left Closet Chronicles out of the CD, maybe they have a remastered version that includes this song, my CD is from 1990.

Iván
Old 09-28-2003, 12:55 PM

kansas live albums

Hi!
I bought King Biscuit Flower Hour live, Extended Versions and Dust in the wind - does anyone have any information on these releases?
They seem- now when I look at them- very similar to me.....perhaps I got KBFH-live in 3 different packages...?

J

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: