Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Website
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Patron

Re: Playlists and Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
My ONLY issue with ordering it by the entry (requested) time-stamp is that people may misconstrue the ordering and then I'll hear, "Why did that request play before mine when I requested my at 0600 and that one was requested hours later?"

Also, since it is only a list of artists in the request queue, it's does seem easier to scan the list alphabetically.
With the simple notion that people will assume that their request will play "right away", the FAQ will surely help, but then that relies on people to take the time to read the FAQ and we all know how that goes.

I won't lose any sleep over this either way. It's fine as it is.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: Feature Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
The one admin page I recently put together shows this clearly. Perhaps, on Thursday, I will capture one such page and show all in this thread. I'll blank out usernames but you'll get a better understanding since the page shows requests in terms of their request history (request time-stamp).
I took a snapshot of the page which I created to show the request queue. As you can see, this is ordered from most recent request to the oldest still remaining in the queue. The yellow rows are pending requests. In other words, SAM has gone through the request queue and selected some tracks for play. Based on SAM's knowledge of what has played, this selection process is NOT linear as this snapshot shows. The oldest request (the Beardfish) in the queue has not been selected for play and there are also "holes" within the list. There is no correlation between the "requested time-stamp" and the actual play time as well. This was also a good example because 2 requesters requested the same track. SAM will permit this because this track or artist may not have played recently. Both are yellow (ie. pending). SAM has gone through the database and collects like requests into one play.

Listing artists on the request page is probably the best day to display what is in the request queue. The ONLY other way might be to display the artists as ordered in the sample snapshot. However, because only the artist is displayed, I feel it's easier to see what has already been requested when that is is collated alphabetically. Your input and opinion welcome.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 06-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Patron

Vax, I have a FAQ writeup for you on setting up windoze to play AM. Give me an email address to send it to or I can point it here.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:40 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho92 View Post
Vax, I have a FAQ writeup for you on setting up windoze to play AM. Give me an email address to send it to or I can point it here.
VAXman@auralmoon.com or VAXman@tmesis.com

Thanks.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Patron

Sent.