Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #129 - Carpe Diem and Crack The Sky

Hello prog fans.

It's Friday night and time to get in the corner. This week I have brought for you a group from the Riviera region of France. The group, Carpe Diem, is a relatively typical symphonic prog group of the time with heavy leanings toward the the sound of Genesis. they are often compared to groups like Pulsar and Atoll. The group was active in the mid-70's but only released two albums, both of which I will play today. "En Regardant Passer Le Temps" was released in 1975. It was followed in 1976 with "Cueille le Jour." Both were well received critically and I believe you will find them pleasant works.

The feature album for this week is from Baltimore's Crack The Sky. Well, actually they hail from Pittsburgh but they soon moved and adopted Baltimore as their home base. When I describe this group to friends I find I compare them to Wishbone Ash a good bit, only Americanized. I'll be playing their 2nd album entitled "Animal Notes." It was released in 1976 and was well received critically. This album was originally going to be a 'rock opera' about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, but that concept kept shrinking until only one song on the album (Rangers At Midnight) carried that theme. But that's okay, because the rest of the album is really good.

Thanks for tuning in. I hope you enjoy.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Last edited by OverHillandDale : 11-01-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Patron

Re: COTM - #129 - Carpe Diem and Crack The Sky

A rock opera about the Mounties? Hahahahahahaha. The lumberjack song could
have fit well in it.
The RCMP have lost much of their earlier good name, at least north of 49.

Looking forward to the show and thanks Dale!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: