Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2003, 11:04 AM

Question about Prog gruops venues ?

Hi.

I'm from montreal. Lately I whent to the Flower Kings show in Montreal. I was very lucking to ear about it, browsing in the web.

My question is, do you know a good web site that displays all venues for Prog groups, watever their popularity ?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 01:50 PM

ghostland.com

Hi. I am also from Montreal and will be seeing Porcupine Tree thanks to your thread. I completely forgot to check www.ghostland.com for concerts in my area and just found out about this one. Whew! Hope to see you there!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:17 PM

Great concert!

Just an update on the Porcupine Tree concert last night for anyone who cares. SEE THEM LIVE!!!! They performed for 1.5 hours flawlessly. Gravity Eyelids was probably the highlight.

On another note, Porcupine Tree actually was the opening act to the Swedish death-metal band Opeth, a band that I am totally unfamiliar with. It was kind of funny to be surrounded by thousands of kids all clad in black, pierced in all the usual and some unusual places, emitting low guttural growls. What made it especially funny was that Opeth's last CD, Damnation, is almost exclusively acoustic and virtually the whole concert was from this CD, much to the dissapointment of the die-hard fans. BTW, Damnation would be a great addition to AM's rotation. There are a few good samples at Amazon.com.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:04 PM

Concerts

Don't you just love these people that dress up thinking a concert is everything BUT the music?

A more "conventional" means that I use to find out about concerts is Pollstar (Pollstar.com). I just type in the city I am looking for and go from there.

I'm sure there's a better way out there.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:47 PM

My favorite example of a dressed-up fan was at a Talking Heads concert in Washington. There was this tall, thin, very pretty guy dressed to kill as David Bowie's Thin White Duke. I mean, I'm as straight as you can get, and he turned MY head. Absolutely stunning. Then he opens his mouth and this whiny Appalachian Southern accent comes twanging out: "Whah cain't Ah get me no bee-yar afore the coyuncert comes awn? Y'all weren't fahr, not braingin no bee-yar."

Ugh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: