Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2015, 08:05 AM

Aaron Clift Experiment - CD Release Party - Threadgill's, Austin, TX Aug 27, 2015

My wife (Carol) and daughter (Amanda) and I went last to hear Aaron Clift Experiment at Threadgill's in Austin, TX. They put on an amazing show! They played a few songs from their first CD, then took a 10 min break, and came back and played their entire 2nd CD! On some songs from their 2nd CD, they played with a String Quartet, which was excellent - well integrated into the sound of the band. It meshed well together. They closed the show with a cover of Police's "King of Pain" - very nicely done!

The venue was excellent and the moon was rising over the stage as they played - going well with a couple of their songs, "Moonscape" and "Bathed in Moonlight".

All in all it was an EXCELLENT, well played show. Outdoors - not too hot - low 90's - nice breeze.

In the first image - the Threadgill's sign and outdoor stage - with A.C.E. backdrop. 2nd image: Me & my wife. 3rd image: my daughter Amanda. 4th image: Aaron Clift Experiment - jammin' out!. 5th image: A.C.E. with string quartet - an amazing blending of sound!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venue-Threadgills-Austin-TX-2.jpg (246.4 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg Ted-n-Carol-Neil-Threadgills-2.jpg (270.7 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg Amanda-Neil-Threadgills-2.jpg (320.1 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg Aaron-Clift-Experiment-Threadgills-2.jpg (255.6 KB, 547 views)
File Type: jpg Aaron-Clift-Experiment-w-Quartet-Threadgills-2.jpg (225.7 KB, 547 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Progger since 1966

Re: Aaron Clift Experiment - CD Release Party - Threadgill's, Austin, TX Aug 27, 2015

Thx theo
Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Re: Aaron Clift Experiment - CD Release Party - Threadgill's, Austin, TX Aug 27, 2015

You are most welcome, Sharc the man!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 08-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Patron

Thanks for the report, Ted!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:58 AM

Lotus,

You are most welcome. Thanks for reading it - and viewing the pictures!!

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 09-01-2015, 10:29 PM

I heard a track by them today on the moon and liked it enough to add it to my list.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:36 AM

Mike,

Their 2nd CD is the best - but I have found that even though some critics panned the first CD, I kinda like it too. The first is not as good as the 2nd, but still it is quite decent. I would encourage you to get them both and see what you think. I bought both at the show and am really enjoying them.

Regards from Texas,
Ted
Old 09-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Owner/Program Director

Threadgills! I have been there, nice venue. ACE are nice guys too, they deserve your support...
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 PM

Hola Ted ! greetings amigo and thanks.
Now I have to listen them here in moon

Kind Ted ... greetings and regards
Old 09-03-2015, 07:07 AM

Jim,

Thanks! Yes - Threadgill's is a great venue! And I agree about Aaron Clift Experiment. I emailed with Aaron a few times, once I found out about them being an Austin band, and found out about the CD release party. I was really glad to go. It is good to support local talent. I am excited that they are getting a bigger exposure via Aural Moon too. Thanks for loading up their CD's Jim! I appreciate the support that you give great music!!

Mario,

Howdy! Thanks for reading, viewing and responding!! Yes, ACE is a great band, and it was fun to see them locally. They do really good together on stage. I hope they'll play some more concerts locally as well as tour more. We'll see. Glad you are enjoying them on Aural Moon! Hats off to Jim for loading them up on the Moon!!

Y'all have a GREAT day!!

Regards from Texas,
Ted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: