Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #247 - Nova & Out of Focus

Greetings friends.

This weeks show will feature two new to me groups, Nova and Out of Focus. I found one in an LP bin and the other came through some online scavenging. Both groups were actually already in the Moon library, but I was able to find new additions to the Out of Focus albums.

We start with Nova. It was originally know as Uno when it was formed in London around 1973/74. They released one self-titled album under that name in 1974 to mixed reviews. By 1976 they had expanded the group, renamed themselves NOVA, and released the album Blink. Their 2nd album, Vimana, also came out in 1976. Elio D'Anna and Corrado Rustici are the two holdovers from Uno and they rely on many guest artists on the albums. The guests on Vimana include Percy Jones, Narrada Micheal Walden, Phil Collins, and Zakir Hussain. I'll be playing Vimana for you. Oh, did I mention they are Italian.

Our other feature group is Out Of Focus. This group is from Germany around the early 70's. This group also did not really describe themselves as Krautrock, but more Jazz Rock/Fusion. Each album they released improved in quality and they all rate relatively high. I will be playing the left over tracks from the recording sessions for their 1972 release Four Letter Monday Afternoon. It is a two LP set and they still had material left over. Well, it was put together as a separate album and released in 2002 as Rat Roads.

So I hope you'll join me this week. See you on the radio.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:01 PM

Re: COTM - #247 - Nova & Out of Focus

very original choices , mercj Dale - I know both but they are far from progressive trodden paths :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: