Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Patron

Re: The Moonie Absolute Favourite Tune Show!

As the idea for the show got a positive feed back and even the boss is not argueing against it, what do we have to do to get this "show day" in the pipe?

First of all a announcement with the rules and the show date should be made on main page.

I (of course) volunteer to collect the (hopefully numerous) PM with "the one and only" favorite song and put the together in a list (Excel e.g., excuse me Vax.. ). But somebody with access to the station has then to line them up in the system and push the button on the right day and hour.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 PM

.. as sterile a debate as discussing about angel's sex ...

better have a
Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim
Well I agree with Spaz but I guess we're outnumbered. The "reason" behind eliminating the top 20 is because it will likely end up being the "same old same old" we work so hard to avoid day in and day out. Just my opinion.
Great minds think alike!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Patron

No comment about this

The last great idea from Lotus just disappeared into the sand despite the efforts of a couple. I'm afraid the same thing would happen here. Words are great but deeds are better.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogorMortis
No comment about this

The last great idea from Lotus just disappeared into the sand despite the efforts of a couple. I'm afraid the same thing would happen here. Words are great but deeds are better.
deeds are great but time is money and cash is king

In other words, everyone is strapped for time. I, for one, like the idea and most likely will allocate some time on the show in Nov/Dec for it. I'll do what I can.

Moon-wise, seeing the show schedule up, more room on the shout box, etc are more pressing. But this is a great idea, it will get done even if I have to put it on my show.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll
deeds are great but time is money and cash is king

In other words, everyone is strapped for time. I, for one, like the idea and most likely will allocate some time on the show in Nov/Dec for it. I'll do what I can.

Moon-wise, seeing the show schedule up, more room on the shout box, etc are more pressing. But this is a great idea, it will get done even if I have to put it on my show.
Thank you Rick!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Everybody just pick their genuine fave song,tally up the most votes,put out the top 20 and be done with it,simple!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Patron

But then it's not an absolute favourite tune show is it. It's an absolute favourite tune show except the top 20 absolute faves aren't included.

I know, I know. Shut up mossy
Old 08-11-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy
But then it's not an absolute favourite tune show is it. It's an absolute favourite tune show except the top 20 absolute faves aren't included.

I know, I know. Shut up mossy
Mossy, he means put out the top 20 as in air it, not put out the top 20 like "put out the cat".....

MEOW!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Patron

This is my last post (and also view) on my thread, and I thank Rick for his availability to support this "one only" show.

In order to make the idea clear to all, who do not read through he complete thread (and specially not the original thread), here again the idea:
  • Every Moonie is invited to send a PM to the organizer with his most favorite song and a short dedication (why it is the most fav etc).
  • This song has to be on the Moon. If it is not, please select you second (or third etc) choice
  • No count of "votes" will be done, as there is no vote!
  • Every song will be played in a show in a row, without any exception or weighting or comment (as this is not a poll or contest counting votes)
  • If one tune is selected by several Moonies, it will be played once only with the names of all the selectors (if technically possible). So if the fav of 20 Moonies is PF "Atom Heart Mother", it will be played only once!
  • The tunes have to be shorter than, let's say, 10 min.
  • According to the number of selections arriving, it will be tried to let them play on a good geographical time for the selector (so he can here it and answer to q in black or white..), but this will be the only preference for a place in the row.
  • I think a good idea to air the show would be RFQ, no request possible, but playing all requests..

If Management gives a go ahead to this idea (but only then), I would, as I mentioned in a former post, gladly receive all your PM with your personal choice and put them together in a spread sheet as a basic for the programming of the show. As I have no access to the station (and I do not want to have it!), somebody has to take care of programming it.
The announcement of this event, and the possibility to choice the fav song should be announced on Homepage on the news section.

As the feedback to the original thread has be mainly positive, with the usual exceptions, I ask the AM Management to let me know by PM, if it is in the interest of AM to organize such a show. If the answer is positive, I would be glad to help whatever I can. If negative, let me know as well and remove the thread from the forums!

Last edited by lotus : 08-11-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Patron

The only thing I could add to this well thought out plan, lotus, is a suggestion that Moonies record their own dedications, if they can (a la keithie's birthday party, and thanks to jam) and send those along too. Keep them to 30 seconds. I have no idea how much work is involved in integrating the recordings though.

Thank you, lotus
Old 08-11-2006, 07:08 PM
KeithieW

I've just realised that I haven't chipped in with my 2p worth here. So here goes.

I reckon this is a great idea. I know that there will be a few (maybe more than a few) "usual suspects" tracks that get aired but SO WHAT!!!! If, as the title suggests, it's an "Absolute Favourite" show then so be it. It's just a few hours out of the thousands available and as a record of taste it would be interesting for that fact alone. Even more interesting would be to do it again in the future to see whether tastes have changed.

It's a bit like Classic FM's annual top 300 that is aired over the Easter holiday here in the UK. It's great to hear the tunes but the added interest is gained by seeing the "Highest Climbers", the "Lowest Fallers", the "New entries" and those that have "Dropped out".

Lotus' idea of setting up a Spreadsheet is a great one. I will be finishing my work contract at the end of October and will have time to put the data together at that time. So just let me know if you want me to do it and I will.

There you go.........I think that was more like 5p worth.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Owner/Program Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithieW
I think that was more like 5p worth.
so where's my change?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
[*]So if the fav of 20 Moonies is PF "Atom Heart Mother", it will be played only once!

[*]The tunes have to be shorter than, let's say, 10 min.

As the feedback to the original thread has be mainly positive, with the usual exceptions
Atom heart mother is well over 10 minutes, so there's a contradiction there. I fell if someone chooses that as their fav song they should have their head examined

That usual exception sentence struck me just right...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: