Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2023, 05:36 AM

2023 Work in Progress..ive

Name:  uno2023 a.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  435.4 KB

Hi friends

The best tracks of 2023 as new albums come out

one track per band or artist...

which can change over the course of 12 months and which can also

be replaced by better tracks from other artists

at the end of the year it will be easier to create

favorite playlist of 2023

Last edited by nicola : 01-13-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:11 AM

Re: 2023 Work in Progress..ive

RIVERSIDE
Name:  riverside.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  224.5 KB

2023 couldn't start better with Riverside coming back to scratch ,not at the same high level of Anno Domini which remains their best album and possibly the best progressive metal album ever,......... but at a very good level ... an album has many important tracks including the bonus tracks included in a second cd ..Welcome back Riverside
Well very well
and soon there should be another important group I don't remember the date of the album release which should give a good boost to this early 2023

ABOUT

RIVERSIDE

....RIVERSIDE
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of the group
Early years, Out of Myself (2001-2005)
Riverside was formed on October 27, 2001 thanks to the meeting between guitarist Piotr Grudziński and drummer Piotr Kozieradzki, both musicians in youth groups related to heavy metal but who shared a passion for progressive rock . At the end of the year, keyboardist Jacek Melnicki was enlisted, who also brought singer and bassist Mariusz Duda into the lineup . [1]

Completed the training, the quartet recorded the demo of the same name and released it on March 15, 2003 in a limited edition of 300 copies. [2] In October, the group announced the completion of the first album Out of Myself and at the same time the abandonment of Melnicki for personal reasons. [3] The vacancy was later filled by Michał Łapaj , announced on 4 December. [4] Out of Myself was finally released on December 15 of the same year and includes nine songs, five of which were originally released in the demo of the same name. [3]

In February 2004, Riverside announced their signing to Laser's Edge, [5] who re-released the album in the United States of America and worldwide on September 21 with new cover artwork by Travis Smith . [5] [6]

On March 7, 2005, the EP Voices in My Head was released independently , [7] consisting of five unreleased songs and three songs recorded live at the Traffic Club in Warsaw. [8] The record, together with Out of Myself , was re-released a few months later by the Polish label Mystic Production , with which Riverside signed a contract on June 20 of the same year. [9]

Second Life Syndrome and Rapid Eye Movement (2005-2008)
Later the group signed a contract with Inside Out Music for the distribution of their records in Europe and America. The first album released through the new label was Second Life Syndrome , released in 2005 and which represents the continuation of the story told in the previous Out of Myself .

During 2007 Riverside presented their third studio album Rapid Eye Movement , the last chapter of the trilogy they called Reality Dream . The singles 02 Panic Room and Schizophrenic Prayer were taken from it . In 2008 the group went on a celebratory trilogy tour, culminating in a concert in Łódź , later immortalized in the live album Reality Dream .

In June 2008 Mariusz Duda announced the creation of the side project Lunatic Soul with the intention of recording material not suited to Riverside's style, [10] however adding that it "would absolutely not change the hierarchy of importance of the latter". [11] The first album he released, the homonymous Lunatic Soul , was made available on October 13 of the same year. [12]

Anno Domini High Definition and the first ten years (2009-2011)

Riverside in concert in Barcelona in 2009
In January 2009, Riverside revealed that they were working on their fourth album, which they titled Anno Domini High Definition and scheduled for June of the same year; as explained by Duda, the disc was recorded at Studio X in Olsztyn (therefore moving away from the historic Serakos Studio in Warsaw) and would have included five "energetic and multiform" songs with a theme centered "on liquid modernity, life in a hurry constant, stress and anxiety about the future». [13] On April 16, the release date and tracklist were revealed, as well as the fact that it would have a total length of 44:44 minutes. [14]

The album was released on June 15 in Poland and four days later in the rest of the world and was made available in a standard and special edition, the latter including a bonus DVD with an excerpt from their held by the group in Amsterdam in December 2008. [14] [15] Previewed by Egoist Hedonist (made available in an abridged version on Myspace on 8 May), [16] the record proved to be a success for Riverside, topping the Polish Albums Chart , [17] as well as the related tour, which saw them perform in most European countries between September and December for a total of over 40 dates;[18] the tour then continued between April and May 2010. [19]

On May 5, 2011, the EP Memories in My Head was released , consisting of three tracks and aimed at celebrating the first ten years of the group's career. [20] As explained by Duda, the publication is a tribute to the first compositions of the group, more progressive rock: [21]
«This new material, concerning (for obvious reasons) the themes of the passing of time, will be a pleasant surprise for those who miss those specific melodies and spaces familiar from the group's early releases. We have consciously gone back to our beginnings to create a certain kind of circle. [...] The result is a rather interesting, spacious, cinematic, nostalgic and above all rock mix, which sums up the first decade of our career quite well.»

( Mariusz Duda )
Shrine of New Generation Slaves (2013)
On January 21, 2013, Riverside released their fifth album Shrine of New Generation Slaves , [22] anticipated a month earlier by the single Celebrity Touch . The disc represented a further novelty for the group, which moved away from the progressive metal sounds of Anno Domini High Definition in favor of more rock sounds and more refined lyrics, [23] preferring the song form (as underlined by the group in the choice of title, whose acronym is Songs ). [24] [25] In promotion of the album, the group embarked on the New Generation Tour, held in Europe and North America between May and November 2013. [26] [27]

Love, Fear and the Time Machine , Grudzińki's death (2015-2017)
On September 4, 2015 it was the turn of the sixth album Love, Fear and the Time Machine , which shows continuity in the melodic turn of the group and is characterized by sounds that pay homage to the music of the seventies and eighties. [28] It was promoted by the Discard Your Fear lyric video and the Found (The Unexpected Flaw of Searching) video , as well as an extensive world tour which saw Riverside also perform at various festivals. [29] One of these dates, namely the concert in Tilburg , was recorded and released two years later on the live album Lost 'n' Found - Live in Tilburg . [30]

The tour was supposed to continue the following year, [31] but on February 21, 2016, guitarist Piotr Grudzińki died of a fulminant heart attack. [32]

On 23 September 2016, the group announced that it would continue its musical activity as a trio, without therefore looking for a new guitarist. [33] A month later Eye of the Soundscape was released , a collection of all the electronic instrumental pieces made between 2007 and 2015 with the addition of four unreleased songs, the last ones composed with Grudzińki. [34]

In 2017 Riverside returned to perform live to pay tribute to the memory of the guitarist with the Towards the Blue Horizon Tour , accompanied on guitar by Maciej Meller , a longtime friend of Duda. [35]

Wasteland , Meller's entry (2018-2020)

Maciej Meller, guitarist of the group since 2020
On 28 September 2018, Riverside released their seventh studio album Wasteland , [36] anticipated by the release of three singles: Vale of Tears , River Down Below and Lament . The nine tracks on the disc marked a return to the progressive metal sounds of the early years, albeit intertwined with the melodic parts typical of the more recent publications, and with lyrics concerning post-apocalyptic themes and more indirectly the mood of the group following the disappearance by Grudzińki: [36]
«I've been thinking about exploring "post-apocalyptic" territories for a long time. I read books, watched movies, played video games, all connected by stories about trying to survive in a world that just ended. But, until now, writing such a story didn't make much sense. Riverside are starting a new chapter and after our recent experiences, a story like this has gained more meaning. Wastelandit's mostly about what's going on in the world today, but it also references the tragedy that befell the band in 2016. Musically, we went back to darker sounds but we also turned a new page and recorded the album in a different style. It's still the Riverside sound but expressed in a much deeper and more mature way. [...] is an epic album, multidimensional, poetic and very deep. Maybe one of those that happen only once in a lifetime.”

( Mariusz Duda )
Duda himself took care of the guitar parts (who also performed the solos in two songs), Mateusz Owczarek and the session musician Maciej Meller, [37] again confirmed by the group for the related tour.

The disc was subsequently promoted by an extensive world tour which saw the group initially perform in Europe between late 2018 and early 2019, [38] [39] and subsequently in North America in May and June 2019. [40] In in September they embarked on a special tour of Germany and Poland, [41] [42] extending it to the rest of Europe in early 2020. [43] On December 1, 2020 the live album Wasteland Tour 2018-2020 was released , containing the audio of all songs performed during the tour and the video of the concert held in 2018 in Oberhausen . [44]

On February 1, 2020, Riverside announced the entry of Meller as an official member of the lineup, which reverted to a quartet. [45]

Solo projects, 20th anniversary (2020-2022)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Riverside were forced to cancel the remaining dates of the Wasteland Tour . [43] This allowed the various members of the group to devote themselves to other projects. The first was Duda, who in March 2020 launched the debut single The Song of a Dying Memory as part of a series of «subcutaneous songs» or «adherent songs», characterized by softer sounds and singing; [46] in August he made available the second single related to the series, Are You Ready for the Sun . [47] In 2020 Duda also released the albums Through Shaded Woods under the name Lunatic Soul(seventh overall) [48] and Lockdown Spaces to his name: [49] the latter, created during the Through Shaded Woods recording sessions , marked the beginning of the Lockdown Trilogy , a series of encompassing electronica albums also of Claustrophobic Universe and Interior Drawings , both released during 2021. [50]

In June 2020 Łapaj presented the single Breathe , followed in November by the EP Sessions ; in July 2021 he instead released the debut album Are You There . [51] On September 18, 2020 Meller released his album Zenith , characterized by progressive rock sounds and which featured the participation of Krzysztof Borek on vocals, Robert Szydło on bass, Łukasz Damrych on keyboard and Łukasz Sobolak on drums. [52]

In summer 2021 the group embarked on a short four-date tour to celebrate their twenty-year career and during which the previously unreleased Story of My Dream was performed for the first time , the first release recorded with Meller in official component quality. [53] [54] The song was released as a single on October 27 of the same year and anticipated the collection Riverside 20 - The Shorts & the Longs , made available the following November 19 and containing a selection of over thirty songs taken from their repertoire. [55] Between April and May 2022 the Riverside 20 tourit also touched America, initially passing through the United States of America and later also in Mexico, Chile and Brazil, [56] [57] while in September it moved to Europe. [58]

ID.Entity (2022-present)
Over the spring of 2022, Riverside revealed that they had begun composing new material for an eighth studio album, [59] due for release in January 2023. The recording sessions, which took place over a period between of about three months (precisely between June 7 and August 30), [60] began at the Boogie Town Studio in Otwock : it is the first time since Anno Domini High Definition that the group has decided to start sessions in a different location from the Serakos studio in Warsaw. [61]In mid-August, during the final week of the mixing phase, Duda revealed that the record would feature seven tracks (plus two instrumentals for the special edition) and that the lyrics would largely address current issues. [62]

On October 21, both the album title, ID.Entity , and the release date, set at January 20, 2023, were revealed ; at the same time the first single I'm Done with You and its video were released. [63] As a further anticipation, the singles Self-Aware (November 29, 2022) and Friend or Foe? (January 10, 2023), both distributed in a smaller version than those on the disc. [64] [65]

Name:  uno2023 b.jpg
Size:  444.0 KB

Hi friends

These are my best tracks of 2023

Track Title-Group or Artist-Album

I'm Done with You-RIVERSIDE-ID.ENTITY

Name:  riverside_identity_800-d311553a.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  329.3 KB

Name:  riversidexx.jpg
Size:  174.3 KB

I have to decide between these three tracks the best one

I'm Done with You-RIVERSIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EUANefJv28

Post-Truth-RIVERSIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymq2VQOUyuE

Friend or Foe?-RIVERSIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCXXbuQHxs

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:02 AM

SUNCHILD
Name:  sunchildband.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  349.8 KB

.... spelled Sunchild
....it is spelled Karfagen
.... it's spelled HOGGWASH
....it is written Akko
but Antony Kalugin can be read that not content with managing and writing music for these four groups of his, he also has the time to write and produce music for his personal albums
I don't think there is an artist in the field of symphonic prog with such great creativity in tracks that are always of high value and to confirm my words, another Karfagen album will be released in a few days which will be, as usual, an excellent album with almost all the tracks written by Antony Kalugin.

ABOUT

Antony Kalugin

...Antony Kalugin
From Progarchives.com, the ultimate progressive rock music website

Antony Kalugin biography
ANTONY KALUGIN is a multi-talented musician and composer from Ukraine who initially began creating music as a new age artist back in 2003, but would eventually begin writing progressive rock under Caerllysi Music in 2008. ANTONY KALUGIN is widely known as the brainchild behind projects such as KARFAGEN, SUNCHILD, HOGGWASH, and AKKO.

At this point, ANTONY KALUGIN is the only person to have participated on his solo albums. He has played every instrument and wrote every song, making this a totally solo project. ANTONY KALUGIN'S debut solo album officially was The Water released in 2008. This album had mixed reviews on the time of its release and shows his transition from new age to progressive rock. After this debut, ANTONY KALUGIN would not write any new solo albums for quite some time. Instead focusing on writing music for his other projects. However, every once in awhile he would release a short EP displaying some music that he had been writing that wouldn't fix the normal criteria of the projects he was in.

In 2020, ANTONY KALUGIN began writing new material for a solo album called Marshmallow Moondust planned for a release on 10/10/20. From the samples given so far, this album has more in common with his work on KARFAGEN then any of the solo albums that were released in the past. This is Symphonic Prog in it's purest form. ANTONY KALUGIN'S early solo work can be described as a mix of PETER GABRIEL with some early elements of PINK FLOYD. However, ANTONY KALUGIN'S newest album leans closer to CAMEL and YES. I would recommend checking out ANTONY KALUGIN'S solo work if you are a fan of any of his projects listed above.
Bio by PrimeReviewsMusic

Name:  uno2023 c.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  452.1 KB

Hi friends

Life Lines-SUNCHILD-Exotic Creatures and a Stolen Dream

Name:  sunchild album.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  249.3 KB

Name:  sunchildxxx.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  201.4 KB

Life Lines-SUNCHILD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcgHZbZMGc4

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:17 AM

JOHN IRVINE
Name:  irv1.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  165.5 KB

John Irvine band .... in this album a duo
John Irvine multi-instrumentalist of absolute value and Andrew Scott on drums
a completely instrumental album in a great mix of progressive rock and above all Jazz Rock/Fusion
an artist I've been following for a few years and who improves from album to album
of this album I chose the first track which is also the title of the album
Thanks John for the great music

ABOUT

JOHN IRVINE

...JOHN IRVINE
From Official website

I initially trained as a classical guitarist, studying at Dartington College of Arts for two years after leaving school, and then at the Royal Scottish Academy Of Music & Drama (Glasgow) where I studied with Phillip Thorne, gaining a BA in Music Performance (1989) and winning the Guitar Challenge Prize (1988).

Following a Post-Grad Certificate in Performance (1990), I began a PhD in music composition, with Nigel Osborne at the University of Edinburgh, in 1992. This was completed in 1999. At this time, I was also working in Scottish theatre where I wrote music for over 40 productions, 20 of which were for the Traverse Theatre (Edinburgh).

I have taught at St Mary’s Music School (Edinburgh) and The City of Edinburgh Music School (where I currently work) and lectured for two years (2008-10) at Edinburgh Napier University, where I was asked to redesign their ‘Music, Creativity & Communication’ course for the BA in Popular Music. I also work as a PSA in Edinburgh Schools.

I’m the author of three sci-fi novels comprising ‘The Mikita Smith Chronicles’ series of books, and I’m also a published poet and short-story writer, having had works included in several journals and web-zines such as Poetry Scotland, The Open Mouse, Blinking Cursor, Essence, Ink, Sweat & Tears, A Handful of Stones, South and Streetcake Magazine, amongst others.

I formed The John Irvine Band in 2011…

Over the course of my life, much of my music listening has been devoted to the great fusion players and bands of the past 40 years – Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays, Gary Burton, Allan Holdsworth, Bill Connors, Jan Garbarek, John Scofield, Weather Report & Oregon, amongst many.

I had finished my Doctorate in classical composition, but now wanted to reflect what I’d learned from those wonderful musicians listed above and, hopefully, add something new to the jazz-rock genre. So, in 2010 I began to write music for a guitar trio setting and formed The John Irvine Band in 2011 – the result became my first album, ‘Wait & See’.

Two more albums followed in this vein ‘Next Stop’ (2013) and ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ (2018) until I decided to add a more progressive rock element to the music resulting in ‘The Machinery Of The Heavens’ (2020) and ‘Psychopomp’ (2022). Of course, being a child of the 70s, my interest in prog has always been there – Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, U.K., Max Webster, Rush, Gentle Giant… and so many other great bands.

All five albums have received awards and plaudits from many Progressive Rock and Jazz Fusion magazines and websites. Several tracks have been played on internet and terra firma radio stations, such as: The Prog Rock Palace, Xymphonia, El Ritorno Del Gigante, Canvas Prog Hour, Friday Night Progressive & La Villa Strangiato. I was delighted when ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ was awarded 3rd place in the Fusion category in the 2019 Friday Night Progressive ‘IndeProg’ Awards.

Both ‘Wait & See’ and ‘Next Stop’ were recorded with the same band lineup: myself: Guitars, Keyboards, Alan Emslie: Drums, Percussion and Doug Kemp: Bass. ‘Metaphysical Attractions’ featured a new line-up: renowned Scottish drummer Rich Kass, with Rob Ironside and Gwen Kelso on sax and flute. The fourth album ‘The Machinery Of The Heavens’ featured the ‘DUO Mk.I’ lineup with Rich Kass. ‘Psychopomp’ featured a new drummer in the JIB ‘hot seat’, the Kirriemuir-based Calum McIntyre. Thus creating a DUO Mk.II lineup. A DUO Mk.III will be recording the next JIB album ‘Scanning The Dark Horizon’ in 2022. This time featuring the Edinburgh-based drummer Andrew Scott (King King/Paul Gilbert).

Name:  uno2023 d.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  459.6 KB

Hi friends

Scanning The Dark Horizon-JOHN IRVINE-Scanning The Dark Horizon

Name:  cover_irvine.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  188.5 KB

Name:  irvinexxxx.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  110.7 KB

Scanning The Dark Horizon-JOHN IRVINE
https://thejohnirvineband.bandcamp.c...e-dark-horizon

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:31 AM

SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM
Name:  singleaa.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  193.2 KB

ABOUT

SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM

...SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM
From Official website

Jens Lueck was confronted with music very early in his life. The first impetus was given to him by his grandmother, who started to regularly play classical music to him at an early age. By the time he was seven he took classical piano lessons and became a big fan of Johann Sebastian Bach (“I drove my piano instructor crazy because I refused to play almost everything else.”)

As the years went by, he also discovered Pop-, Jazz- and Rockmusic. The journey began with Abba and Bands like Alan Parson’s Projekt, Eloy and Supertramp quickly led him to Deep Purple, Camel, Pat Metheny, Pink Floyd and Genesis. These last two bands finally initiated his decision to found his own band.

By coincidence he ended up playing the drums and fell in love with this instrument. Due to the circumstance that all the rehearsals took place in the cellar of the parental home, he often played the bass too and experimented with songwriting by taking “pingpong records” using two cassette recorders. His interest in sound and audio engineering grew and his musical skills developed.

After graduation he moved to Hamburg, where he additonally received the education to be an audioengineer (after he had abandoned the studies of physics to fully concentrate on music) and worked on a personal music project. For the first time he recorded music for other artists as well and with the passage of time he built up a complete studio where he realises his own and other productions even today. In addition to SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM, his own projects include SYRINX CALL (with Volker Kuinke) and ISGAARD.

He worked as producer/ enigneer/ composer for, inter alia, several film music productions, Sylvan, Ricochet, Frank Ramond, Rainbow Serpent, Eloy, Kind of Blue, Lidia Kopania, Rain for a day, Huxley Would Approve and many others.

Single Celled Organism is the return to his roots, which lie in Progressive/ Art Rock.

Name:  uno2023 e.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  465.2 KB

Hi friends

Memories in a Box-SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM-EVENT HORIZON

Name:  single celled organism.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  262.4 KB

Name:  singlexx.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  122.5 KB

Memories in a Box-SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM
https://singlecelledorganism.bandcam...ories-in-a-box

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:07 AM

GREAT WIDE NOTHING
Name:  greatgruppo.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  595.2 KB

ABOUT

GREAT WIDE NOTHING

...GREAT WIDE NOTHING
From Official website

Great Wide Nothing biography
Founded in Atlanta, USA in 2017

An Atlanta-based combo GREAT WIDE NOTHING were founded by Daniel GRAHAM (bass, voices), Dylan PORPER (keyboards), and Jeff MATTHEWS (drums). They've been fully inspired by progressive rock scene in the 70s, and their material has got crystallized as the debut album "The View From Olympus" in April 2019.
Inspired by 70's prog but taking a decidedly more modern, less fussy approach that incorporates elements of punk, indie & alternative rock (as well as whatever they just happen to be into at the time), Great Wide Nothing occupies a unique place at the crossroads where genuine artistic ambition intersects with down-to-earth, DIY sensibilities. Though the band carries themselves with an unpretentious, casual - even humorous - demeanor, their songs overflow with empathy and urgency, tackling existential, emotional, and socio-political subject matter with sincerity and conviction.

Name:  uno2023 f.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  467.9 KB

Hi friends

To_find_the_light_part_two-GREAT WIDE NOTHING-Hymns for Hungry Spirits, Vol. II

Name:  great album.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  200.9 KB

Name:  greatxx.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  98.4 KB

To_find_the_light_part_two-GREAT WIDE NOTHING
https://greatwidenothing.bandcamp.co...light-part-two

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 04-08-2023 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:29 AM

OVERHEAD
Name:  Overhead6.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  335.1 KB

ABOUT

OVERHEAD

...OVERHEAD
From Official website

Overhead-TelepathicMinds-Promo.pdf

Name:  uno2023 g.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  479.4 KB

Hi friends

Ghosts From The Future-OVERHEAD-Telepathic Minds (Disc 1)

****** unfortunately the track has been deleted from youtube also because according to the indications on their site the double album should be released on March 31st ... so we will have to wait at least mid-April for it to be usable again on youtube and at that point I will insert it for the listen .. and in any case the album is also present on Aural Moon .... so just make a request to listen to the track I selected

.... available again

Ghosts From The Future-OVERHEAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQvBSee1tw

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2023, 03:39 PM

RPWL
Name:  RPWL_Loreley-1030x687.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  340.5 KB

ABOUT

RPWL

...RPWL
From Progarchives website

RPWL biography
Founded in Freising, Germany in 1997 - Still active as of 2019

RPWL (Risettion-Postl-Wallner-Lung - the band members) is a German progressive rock band. The band was formed in 1997 as a Pink Floyd cover band. After three years they started to make their own music based on their influences from their cover band era. Their debut CD, God Has Failed was met with international enthusiasm, praise and excellent reviews in all the major progressive rock music magazines.

The band wanted to make a statement with Trying To Kiss The Sun in 2002, which relied more on the band as a creative entity and less on their influences. Their 3rd studio album, Stock was released in 2003. It was formed of the tracks that didn't make it onto the first 2 albums, plus a cover of Syd Barrett's "Opel", which the band used at shows as a soundcheck.

In 2005 they released their 4th studio album World Through My Eyes. This was received well by fans and off it their first single was taken- "Roses" sung by former Genesis and Stiltskin vocalist Ray Wilson.

Later that year, the band released their 1st live album Live- Start The Fire. The double disc album contains the whole of the band's Rockpalast concert, again featuring Ray Wilson on lead vocals for "Roses" and one other track this time, "Not About Us", which is from Ray's one and only album with Genesis entitled Calling All Stations.

In 2007, saw the release of 9--a compilation including 5 previously unreleased live songs and 4 brand new solo songs recorded together by the band. Those studio-tracks are representing the different influences in the band. 9 was released in a limited edition of 999 CDs and was only available from their website.

In February 2008, they released a new album called The RPWL Experience, which diverted greatly from previous efforts. Martien Koolen of DPRP writes, "The southern German prog rock band certainly explores new musical horizons on this album as some songs even sound raw and unpolished."

Eric Walker (USA)

Name:  uno2023 h.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  484.7 KB

Hi friends

King_of_the_world-RPWL-Crime Scene(Disc 1)

Name:  RPWL-Crime-Scene-300.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  149.8 KB

Name:  rpwlxx.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  174.8 KB

King_of_the_world-RPWL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsLm1j3n-M

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:29 AM

TNNE
Name:  tnne foto.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  140.7 KB

ABOUT

TNNE

...TNNE

The No Name Experience (TNNE) / ex No Name biography
Founded in Dudelange, Luxembourg in 1988 - Disbanded in 2010 - Reformed as "TNNE" in 2012

A legendary act from Luxembourg, which played along the lines of MARILLION, albeit with a more bombastic and symphonic sound. They were found in 1988 in Dudelange and moved throughout their career around original members Patrick Kiefer (vocals), Alex Rukavina (keyboards) and Chris Sonntag (drums). 1993 sees the debut of the band "Zodiac" and two years later the fantastic follow-up "The Secret Garden" is published. Shortly after they secured a contract with Musea's branch label Angular Records and they celebrated their 10th anniversary with a third release, "The Other Side".

Entering the millenium the band was put on ice due to family commitments of the members, but in 2006 they returned with their fourth album "4", released under the support of Musea. The 2009 compilation "20 Candles" offered some of the band's best moments, but in February 2011 NO NAME dissolved, after creating rich and progressive music for 23 years.

A few years forward Kiefer and Rukavina somewhat revived the band's legend and formed THE NO NAME EXPERIENCE (TNNE) along with Michel Volkmann on guitars, Claude Zeimes on bass and Gilles Wagner on drums. TNNE's debut was eventually released in 2014 on Progressive Promotion Records, carrying the torch No Name created over 25 years ago.

Name:  uno2023 i.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  486.1 KB

Hi friends

No Man's Land-TNNE-LIFE 3.0

Name:  tnne.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  tneexx.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  137.1 KB

No Man's Land-TNNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLT1ndTJN5c

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2023, 03:04 PM

KARFAGEN
Name:  karfagen.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  309.9 KB

ABOUT

KARFAGEN

...KARFAGEN

Karfagen biography
Founded in Ukraine in 1997

KARFAGEN (meaning Carthago) is a symbol of glory and wisdom, a never-ending journey into the world of the forgotten past and unpredictable future.

KARFAGEN is the brainchild of multi-talented musician and composer, Antony Kalugin. The name was first used in 1997, when Antony formed a band at school. While he was studying at the architectural university a year later, he began to record the first Karfagen compositions in one of the local studios, and a few tracks from this period can be found on the `Key to Perception' compilation from 2009.

In 2005 Antony Kalugin with his assembled musicians went into the studio to record `Continium', the first Karfagen album, which led the band to sign with Unicorn Digital (Canada) the following year. It was highly acclaimed by listeners, which inspired Antony to continue his work and release a second album `The Space Between Us' in early 2007. Later that year he signed with Caerllysi Music (UK).

In order to expand the boundaries of the musical landscape, Antony often collaborated with many different unique musicians. Therefore, in 2011 on the `Lost Symphony' album, Roberto Diaz (Cuba) from ANIMA MUNDI took part as an additional guitarist; in 2013 on `Aleatorica', Tomek Mucha provided electric violin and Sergey Klevenskiy added clarinet, whistles and flutes. In 2014 Mathieu Spaeter appeared as a main guitarist on `Magicians Theatre' as well as Pascal Gutman playing some stick-bass on the `Yuletide' track.

Karfagen is mainly an instrumental band that shows imaginative use of keyboards and guitars, classical and ethnic instruments. Their style can be described as symphonic art-rock with a hint of new-age, folk, jazz-rock and neo-prog in places. Their influences are CAMEL, FOCUS, HAPPY THE MAN, GREENSLADE, THE FLOWER KINGS, UK and KAYAK.

Also inspired by the composers Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Sergei Prokofiev, Edward Grig and Pyotr Chaikovskiy, Antony's compositions are always well-constructed and thoughtful. The sound is enhanced by such instruments as oboe, bassoon, accordion, violin, cello, flutes, saxophone and pipes.

In addition to imaginative music, every Karfagen album cover is picturesque and charismatic in the tradition of the classic progressive rock era.

Antony doesn't stand still. On one hand, the sound of Karfagen is unique and recognisable, but on the other hand, with each consecutive album Antony brings something new and special, and always fresh and innovative. You never know what to expect from the next chapter of Karfagen's symphonic rock poem. So, welcome to the show and to Antony's Magician Theatre!

Antony: `With every album and every track I try to bring the warmth and atmosphere of the Seventies. It doesn't mean that I'm blindly copying it, just that I'm in a constant flow of searching and experimenting. I'm not a fan of the frequent aggression of modern albums, the artificial complicity in much of it or technique and virtuosity over songcraft. For me, melody and the ability to write proper compositions are first. That is something that still makes us excited about the sounds of the `Golden Era' of Prog of the Seventies. I produce music that I would want to hear as listener, who seeks those natural emotions and charm in a boundless sea of sound...'

Biography updated by Michael Hodgson (Aussie-Byrd-Brother)

Name:  uno2023 l.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  493.3 KB

Hi friends

Mysterious Forest, Pt. 1-KARFAGEN-Passage to the Forest of Mysterious

Name:  karfagen album.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  255.7 KB

Songs / Tracks Listing
1. Kingfisher and Dragonflies (Part 4) (3:01)
2. Mysterious Forest (Part 1) - World in a Grain of Sand (14:03)
3. Mysterious Forest (Part 2) - The Ominous Ride (4:21)
4. To Those Who Dwell in Realms of Day (2:18)
5. Birds of Passage and the Enchanted Forest (19:02)
6. Through the Whispers of the Wind (1:38)
7. Mysterious Forest (Part 3) - World in a Grain of Sand Reprise (4:15)
8. Birds of Passage and the Enchanted Forest (single version) (9:59)

Total Time 58:37

Line-up / Musicians
- Antony Kalugin / keyboards, vocals, percussion, penny flute, add, electric guitar, arrangements, programming

With:
- Mathieu Spaeter / electric guitars
- Max Velychko / electric guitar
- Konstantin Ionenko / bass
- Viktor Syrotin / drums
- Tim Sobolev / vocals
- Olha Rostovska / vocals
- Aleksandr Pavlov / nylon & jazz electric guitars
- Yan Vedaman / saxophone
- Alexandr Pastuchov / bassoon
- Maria Baranovska / violin
- Elena Kushiy / flute

Mysterious Forest, Pt. 1-KARFAGEN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIV7G0KvGJc

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 04:54 AM

MARTIN MILLER
Name:  miller 1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  316.7 KB

ABOUT

MARTIN MILLER

...MARTIN MILLER
on his youtube channel

I‘m Martin Miller, a musician from Leipzig, Germany, born in 1985. I‘ve been a professional musician my entire adult life. In 2010 I graduated from Carl-Maria-von-Weber Music College in Dresden as a guitar player and music educator. I‘ve also been teaching the guitar bachelor's and master's courses myself there from 2015 to 2020.

Over the past decade, I‘ve made a name for myself as a guitar player (toured dozens of countries worldwide, played on tons of records), Youtuber (580.000+ YT subscribers, 90+ million views) and author (best-selling online courses on JTC Guitar). This has led to the creation of two worldwide distributed and highly selling Martin Miller signature guitars with Ibanez – the MM1 and MM7.

I‘m also the band leader of the Martin Miller Session Band, a Youtube cover project that gathered a huge fan base online, where I collaborated with artists such as Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Mark Lettieri (Snarky Puppy) and many more. I‘ve gained public approval from industry legends such as John Petrucci, Rick Beato, Steve Lukather, etc.

Some of the companies that endorse and collaborate with me are Ibanez Guitars, Laney Amplification, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Meinl Distributions, Klotz Cables, TC Electronic, Fractal Audio Systems, Neural DSP, Toontrack and more.

In 2013 I released an album called „The Other End“ (2013) through JTC Records. This was a guitar-driven instrumental record.

Name:  uno2023 m.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  497.3 KB

Hi friends

Something New-MARTIN MILLER-Maze of My Mind

Name:  miller.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  126.2 KB

1)Something New 8.56
2)Fragments 5.52
3)Left Inside 7.32
4)Web of Lies 6.39
5)Compass (Beneath the Lights) 10.26

Music:
Martin Miller - Guitars, Vocals, Programming
Marius Leicht - Keyboards
Ben Jud – Bass
Sebastian Lanser – Drums

Something New-MARTIN MILLER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pmIece2gIs

Left Inside-MARTIN MILLER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVEsG7_gYFo

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:31 AM

THE BLACK CAT'S EYE
Name:  Black+catseye+-Arkandoz+2019+(23+of+51)+Ausschnitt.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  326.3 KB

ABOUT

THE BLACK CAT'S EYE

...from THE BLACK CAT'S EYE Bandcamp site

THE BLACK CAT'S EYE – these are glaring fuzz, bass and drum riffs, interwoven chord pickings and lead guitars rooted in the blues – sometimes screaming, singing or rough. And above everything, the melody hovers almost like a hymn. With their musical style, the band, founded in Frankfurt am Main in 2018, is directly linked to the '60s and '70s – the great era of psychedelic rock.

WEIRDO SHRINE blog, 15 February 2023:

„When you start out your debut album with a twenty minute instrumental song I think it is safe to say you have some Godzilla size balls. Germany’s The Black Cat’s Eye make it clear from the start that they do not give a damn about their reputation, or about conventions. They do exactly what they feel like doing, just like the cats that lend their eyes for the band’s moniker.
Whether it is the weird sentence of the title, the unpredictability of the songs, or the strange artwork, even before you’ve heard a note of music it is clear that there is something special going on here. Most importantly though; there is some very good music on here too. Opener Kill The Sun And The Moon And The Stars is a Pandora’s box of beautiful secrets for latter day Pink Floyd fans, with an instrumental palette that unfolds itself majestically for twenty plus minutes without boring the listener for a second.
But there is more. On the other half of this shiny blue vinyl platter The Black Cat’s Eye proves they have more sides to them. There is Porcupine Tree echoing songwriting, soothing vocal harmonies, and expert musicianship. It is striking to note that whether the band decides to use vocals hardly seems to matter when it comes to the entertainment value.
The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock-Headed Julia is a quirky and impressive debut album that defies all logic and comes out on top winning. Adventurous prog and psych heads better watch out!“

ECLIPSED ROCK MAGAZIN, März 2023

Artverwandt: Pink Floyd; Hawkwind; Long Distance
Calling

The Black Cat's Eye have it all with expansive titles. And with expansive sounds. Everything is understandable with their brilliant debut album and its storyline-compatible name. And as if that weren't enough, the Frankfurt-Mainhattan five-piece presents a twenty-minute instrumental chunk in the wake of Pink Floyd in their "meddle" phase with the opener "Kill The Sun And The Moon And The Stars". With three guitars you send signals into infinity, although here and there you could really assume that David Gilmour himself smuggled himself into the recordings. Anyone who swam too far here will be slammed back down to earth with the rumbling math rock punk stomper "Katla". "Winter Song", on the other hand, brings a first-class folk-prog ballad somewhere between Yes and motorpsycho ( and that with singing!) to be heard. "In My Dreams The Wind Chases Away The Clouds" evolves into shimmering space rocker, and the epilogue, beautifully titled "Lostlostlostlost-lostlostlostlost" indulges in driving Stooges punk. All things are possible... (CA)

Name:  uno2023 n.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  504.3 KB

Hi friends

Kill_the_sun_and_the_moon_and_the_stars-THE BLACK CAT'S EYE-The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock​-​Headed Julia

Name:  THE BLACK CAT'S EYE.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  253.5 KB

Name:  the eye of cat.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  49.3 KB

kill_the_sun_and_the_moon_and_the_stars-THE BLACK CAT'S EYE
https://theblackcatseye.bandcamp.com...-and-the-stars

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:51 AM

AMPLIFIER
Name:  amplifier 11.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  274.1 KB

ABOUT

AMPLIFIER

...from progarchives.com site

Amplifier biography
Formed in 1999 in Manchester, UK

AMPLIFIER is a Manchester based space rock band. This three-piece makes extraordinary music which is quite similar to the, also Manchester based, band OCEANSIZE. The band consists of Sel Balamir who plays guitar and is also the band's lead-vocalist. Than there's Matt Brobin, who is the band's drummer. Last, but not least, there's Neil Mahony who is the bassist. As you can see there's no keyboardist on board, so all the weird sounds and effects are played on the guitar, hence the name "AMPLIFIER".

For their 2004's selftitled debut album the band worked together with Steve Lyon to produce the album (he also worked with bands like THE CURE and DEPECHE MODE) and Chris Seldon for mixing it (also known for producing OCEANSIZE's "Effloresce" album and mixing music by THE FOO FIGHTERS).

Their music is highly original. They combine deep personal lyrics with walls of noise, combined with stunning melodies.

This band has been hailed a lot in the media. Kerrang! Magazine said this was ".the British rock-scene altering record" when talking about their selftitled debutalbum. Metal Hammer said they were ".the future of rock." and even Q magazine said that ".at present British rock doesn't get much better than this."

AMPLIFIER: This is highly original space rock. They mix a lot of different genres (I can hear Krautrock (a bit like Neu!) and Pink Floyd influences in their music) and combine them perfectly

and this is the very strange biography from their official website

Amplifier once got referred to as “Veterans” – It sucks when you’re now the old dudes when once you were the hot new thing.

That’s right – believe it or not at the turn of the century we were something bright and shiny and since that point we’ve put out 7 albums and countless EPs, each one as titanic and epic as the last, without ever compromising our integrity, dedication to the rock and maintained the eternal pursuit of the most excellent riff.

That elusive hunt has lead us to many weird and wonderful places – from countless kind peoples’ living room floors in the furthest flung regions of the UK back when we were living out of a transit van, all the way to the main stage at Download. We've been found slumped in every kind of dressing room across the continent and you can catch a ride with us on tour buses which are on fire or are upside down on the verge of the autobahn or even those with toilets where the kitchen is which is also where you sleep.

We have been apprehended countless times by German Highway patrols (always completely innocently) and Swiss Border guards (we always pay our tax at the border) who seemingly like to sport with us in an eternal game of terrorise the English band.

We are and will always be good sports and good sirs . Join us on our journey.

Glory. Glory.

Name:  uno2023 o.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  511.2 KB

Hi friends

Kill_the_sun_and_the_moon_and_the_stars-THE BLACK CAT'S EYE-The Empty Space Between A Seamount And Shock​-​Headed Julia

Gargantuan.(Part One)-AMPLIFIER-Hologram

Name:  amplifier album.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  184.1 KB

Name:  amplifiexxx.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  93.0 KB

Gargantuan.(Part One)-AMPLIFIER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBvYS8IOlM

Hologram-AMPLIFIER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhjkZ3lP_E

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:32 AM

MYSTERY
Name:  mystery 1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  222.2 KB

ABOUT

MYSTERY

...from the Official Site

MYSTERY BIOGRAPHY
By Jerry Lucky

The Canadian French speaking province of Quebec has always been partial to the progressive rock genre. From the genre’s earliest days bands from England have always received a warm welcome there. As to why that is, it’s hard to say. Perhaps it’s some ingrained European musical consciousness, or perhaps it’s because they work very hard to retain and foster their own musical culture which happens to be rich in the classical, folk, jazz and rock genres. Who knows for sure, but it should not be surprising to see most of Canada’s progressive rock bands hail from Quebec. One of those bands is Mystery.

The band was founded by multi-instrumentalist, producer and writer Michel St-Père, who was 17 at the time, working as a sound engineer in a recording studio. Raised on a musical diet of rock music it wasn’t long before the band Rush captured his attention quickly followed by the music of Yes and Genesis. This eclectic musical stew would forever influence his future musical direction. His first serious musical project was a band that was going to be called Century, that was until they discovered a band in France going by the same name, who’d just released a recording. It was back to the drawing board. After a night of frustration throwing out name after name, it was the girlfriend of then keyboardist Sylvain Deharhais who suggested Mystery and the name stuck.

Mystery started life 1986, and as with most bands in their early days a stable line-up was hard to come by as members came and went. During this time St-Père with the help of his father took to building a recording studio and studying music recording and production. Members continued to come and go and it wasn’t until 1990 that the band membership stabilized. A demo was created with the hope of securing a major label deal. It did generate interest on the part of some record labels who suggested the band might be the next Yes but in the end no deals came through. As a result, St-Père’s father suggested they should control their own destiny and release the music independently which they eventually would do.

The band’s first self-titled 5-song collection was released in 1992 and the band consisted of six-members… Michel St-Père (electric and acoustic guitars), Stéphane Perreault (drums & percussion), Benoît Dupuis (keyboards), Raymond Savoie (vocals), Gary Savoie (lead vocals) and Richard Addison (bass). The recording hits the mark and puts Mystery in the public eye for the first time.

Then tragically the band’s drummer Stéphane Perreault would lose the use of both legs later that year to a debilitating illness. For Perreault this experience would inspire a greater determination to overcome the challenge and he became one of the first to perform from a wheelchair. While he developed the new techniques required to take into account his new condition the band was put on hold and members went off to do other things. St-Père and Savoie retreated to the studio over the summer of 1993 to record demos for an additional 20 songs which they added to the existing 25 songs the band already had “in the can.” Many of these songs or parts of these songs would come to see the light of day on future recordings.

The summer of 1994 was taken up performing live throughout the province of Quebec, honing their skills on stage in the live environment. Later in the year the band started recording the material for their first full length CD. By this time the band was made up of Michel St-Père (electric and acoustic guitars, synthesizers), Stéphane Perreault (drums, programming, synthesizers & percussion), Benoît Dupuis (keyboards), Raymond Savoie (vocals), Gary Savoie (lead vocals), Richard Addison (bass) and Michel Painchaud (classical and acoustic guitars). Being a band full-time can be a challenging task so it should be surprising that as the recording sessions came to a close both Dupuis and Painchaud chose to leave.

During the recording process, it was decided that rather than looking for a label to release their music, it may be easier to create their own. The challenge of promoting the band fell to St-Père. This was in the early days of the internet and with no one jumping out of the bushes to sign the band, major labels being rather conservative in many respects; St-Père opted to focus on developing Unicorn Records as a means of getting the band exposure and product in the hands of fans. Thus Unicorn Records was born and the first release appropriately was the band’s new CD entitled, Theatre of the Mind in 1996.

The album contained many of the elements in rudimentary form that would come to make up the band’s later sound; the intricate acoustic guitar work, the keyboard interplay, flutes and complex arrangements. Inevitably it also displayed a nineties AOR sensibility that in some respects held the progressive side back. None-the-less the album received great reviews and the band started to get notices outside of Canada as a number of internet based progressive rock radio stations started exposing the band’s music to the growing prog fan base around the world.

Following the recording of Theatre of the Mind, bassist, Richard Addison decided to leave. His replacement turned out to be Patrick Bourque who’d already played on one track on the album and so was familiar with the band’s musical approach. The band having been on the road and in the studio is much tighter now.

In May 1998, Mystery would release their third and most progressive recording yet, entitled Destiny? and as part of the band’s expanding career it was released not only Unicorn but also licensed to one progressive rock’s largest prog labels Musea, based in France. Having seen the departure of both Dupuis and Painchaud, the band was now down to a four-piece made up of Gary Savoie (lead and background vocals), Michel St-Père (electric guitars, 6 & 12 string acoustic guitars, classical guitar and synthesisers), Patrick Bourque (fretted and fretless bass) and Steve Gagné (drums). Destiny? was the first album where St-Père brought in additional musicians and voice talent to help execute his creative vision. It also marked the departure of original drummer Perrault who would go on to focus on his graphic design career, designing the next Mystery album cover before taking his life.

The reviews started coming in and they were good. The band was gaining momentum within the progressive rock community and the music they were creating was being well received. However all was not well in the Mystery family. Tensions were rising within the band and cracks were beginning to show as some members weren’t convinced the Progressive Rock direction was the way to go and might in fact be holding the band back from greater success in the mainstream media. Ironically one of the one’s most vocal about the band’s direction was lead vocalist Savoie, ironic since many of the reviews coming in hailed him as one of the best progressive rock vocalists on the scene at the time. Still Destiny? was getting great reviews from the prog magazines all of which indicated to St. Père that musically this was the direction he wanted to take the band. So with members leaving it seemed like a good time to take a break and put Mystery on hold.

To some degree this marked the end of a chapter for the band, and as the band started to work on new material that would become their fourth CD, long-time vocalist Gary Savoie officially announced his departure. At this same time the Unicorn label was garnering so much attention from bands around the world, demos were arriving daily. The first signing to the label was local band Spaced Out followed quickly by Hamadryad and then the first non-Canadian band Xinema. From those three signings the label has grown to over 50 artists and dozens of CD’s, a good many of them home-grown Canadian progressive rock bands. But that’s another story.

The change in personnel, the label promotion and writing new material had all contributed to a delay in a new Mystery album. So it was decided the easiest way to keep the band in the public eye would be to release some of the band’s earlier material. Returning to the music scene in 2000, Mystery released a compilation CD entitled At The Dawn of a New Millenium collecting much of the band’s early, more progressive material. The remastered material from the band’s first three albums, proved to be a great reminder to old and new fans of the band’s musical potential and a fitting closure to that chapter of the band’s musical career.

The start of a new millennium would mark the start of a renewed and reinvigorated Mystery although it would take considerable time for all the pieces to fall into place. Savoie’s replacement turned out to be a vocalist by the name of Benoit David who’d been fronting a Yes tribute band called Close to the Edge. St. Père had met up with David two years earlier. Little did either know their paths would cross again in such dramatic fashion.

With the Unicorn Digital label seeing growing success, St. Père had spent the previous five years promoting the ever expanding list of artists who’d flocked to the label. The growing progressive rock community was becoming increasingly hungry for new music and the label was able to provide a wide range of music to satisfy the many tastes. At the same time music was being written for the next Mystery album which would ultimately appear in 2007.

Entitled Beneath the Veil of Winter’s Face this would be the first for vocalist Benoit David and would feature a further slimmed down band consisting of Michel St-Père (electric & acoustic guitars, bass & keyboards), Steve Gagné (drums) and Patrick Bourque (bass on 5 & 8). Perhaps due in part to the extended time it took to complete the album, it boasts a very complete and polished sound. The compositions are long and well developed rich in symphonic textures and lush instrumentation. To enhance stylistic diversity two additional bassists were brought in to perform. Antoine Fafard added his mark on three tracks while Benoît Pépin performed on three others. Sadly the band’s prime bassist Bourque who’d been living in Nashville and simultaneously performing with a band called Emerson Drive committed suicide only months after the album’s release. He’d been with Mystery for almost 10 years and his death was quite a blow.

Beneath the Veil of Winter’s Face would go on to become a fan and critic’s favorite garnering “Top 10 Best of” status on many prog related websites, radio shows and magazines. This was a more polished Mystery, firmly entrenched in the symphonic prog style and the new CD became the band’s biggest selling disc to date, sales that would continue to climb in the months ahead. As the band were preparing to start on their next album. David got the call; few expect to receive; “would he like to join Yes on tour?” Seeing a small window of opportunity he jumped at the opportunity and would eventually juggle his time between both bands. For its part Mystery was also having opportunities come its way such as being asked to appear live at the Montreal Progressive Rock Festival in 2009 performing with seasoned veterans Saga. Two other live shows gave the band even more time back on the live scene to perform for their fans.

All of this activity would eventually lead up to the next Mystery album entitled One Among the Living released in 2010. Down to three core members; Benoît David (vocals), Michel St-Père (electric & acoustic guitars, bass & keyboards) and Steve Gagné (drums). The guest musicians were of the highest calibre including Daryl Stuermer (guitar), Oliver Wakeman (keyboards), John Jowitt (bass), Antoine Fafard (bass), Claire Vezina (vocals) and Richard Lanthier. The compositions included many new pieces as well as reworking’s of some pieces written many years before but held back for the right moment. In addition David’s involvement took a leap forward as he contributed significantly to at least two of the compositions. The band was on a roll as the critical response was overwhelmingly positive.

Continuing to look for opportunities to perform in a live setting Mystery found themselves on stage three more times in 2010 including being invited to play the opening night at the 2010 edition of the “Right of Spring” music festival known as RoSfest at the Majestic Theatre in Gettysburg. These live events were scheduled at times where David’s involvement with Yes allowed. Even though Mystery weren’t performing live much they relished every opportunity to get in front of fans. The band’s fan exposure was growing and David’s involvement with Yes wasn’t hurting. In fact it was just the opposite. As fans went to see Yes and hear David sing, many would in turn discover his link to Mystery and start listening to their music as well. The Mystery fan base was growing ever larger.

As it turned out, health issues would cause David to take a required break from his vocal duties with Yes and this would open up even more time for greater involvement with Mystery’s new album entitled The World is a Game released in 2012. The band was now down to Michel St-Père (guitars, keyboards) and Benoît David (lead vocals) and to support the sound they enlisted Antoine Fafard (bass, additional acoustic guitars), Nick D'Virgilio (drums) and Marilène Provencher-Leduc (flute). The album was a shining example of symphonic prog perfection as the years of performing and producing came together to produce a stunning set of compositions.

With a new album gaining rave reviews it was agreed to assemble a live band consisting of both David and St-Père along with touring members Benoît Dupuis (keyboards), François Fournier (bass guitars), Sylvain Moineau (guitars) and Jean-Sébastien Goyette (drums). With a touring band in place, 2013 would prove to be a year of much travel with Mystery performing live monthly and for the first time outside of Canada. Concert dates took them to Mexico, the Netherlands and the UK.

There is an old adage that says, “That which doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger,” and certainly that would apply to Mystery. Their past may have been full of personnel upheaval and sadness and yet out of all that turmoil Mystery have evolved into one of the symphonic progressive rock genres leading bands. They have gone from strength to strength and continue to gain fans around the world with their classic sound and yet as they enter their 28th year of existence they still have much to prove and more music to write. Clearly the story is far from over.

Name:  uno2023 p.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  516.3 KB

Hi friends

The Beauty and the Least-MYSTERY-Redemption

Name:  mystery.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  186.4 KB

Name:  mystery xx.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  181.7 KB

The Beauty and the Least-Mystery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwrllNQRwA

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:36 AM

INNER PROSPEKT
Name:  inner 0.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  146.1 KB

ABOUT

INNER PROSPEKT

Very difficult to find information and photos on Alessandro De Benedetti multi-instrumentalist for his many Albums only as INNER PROSPEKT
he composes using synths, mellotron and electronic drums to create modern prog music that defies labels in his apartment in Rome and then combines the various instruments in his studio, he founded the Mad Crayon group with whom he made 4 albums and collaborates as a composer for The Samurai of Prog .... if he dedicated a few hours to creating a personal site to publicize the good things he has done so far, he would certainly gain visibility

Name:  uno2023 q.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  525.1 KB

Hi friends

Scratches-INNER PROSPEKT-Canvas Three

Name:  inner 2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  228.6 KB

Name:  inner xx.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  89.4 KB

Scratches-INNER PROSPEKT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uew979x4IKc

GOOD LISTENING
Old 06-01-2023, 03:50 PM

YES
Name:  yess 00.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  194.4 KB

ABOUT

YES

..... with all the good will but I can't classify them as Yes .... Geoff Downes . Jon Davison. Billy Sherwood. Jay Schellen. Steve Howe. I love Chris Squire's Yes Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Tony Kaye Patrick Moraz Alan White Trevor Rabin Steve Howe if we add that I have never tolerated Sherwood's sound and that Steve Howe alone cannot compensate for the absence of all the other components who have composed many of the best tracks of this genre so I'm already very prejudiced in listening to this album and that in any case I found a good track that can be traced back to yes in the second track of the album ... for the rest an album between mediocre and sufficiency

Name:  uno2023 r.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  534.0 KB

Hi friends

All Connected-YES-Mirror to the sky

Name:  yes 33.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  266.0 KB

Name:  yess xx.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  171.9 KB

All Connected-YES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nFEYGp1SJI

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2023, 01:26 AM

COMEDY OF ERRORS
Name:  comedy 1.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  294.9 KB

ABOUT

COMEDY OF ERRORS

...from ProgArchives.comj

Comedy Of Errors biography
Formed in Glasgow, Scotland in 1984 - Disbanded around 1990 - Reformed in 2011

Comedy Of Errors were formed in January 1984 with Joe Cairney (vocals), Jim Johnston (keyboards), John MacPhee (drums), Mike Barnard (guitars) & Steve Stewart, soon replaced by Mark Spalding (bass).

Their first recording was a demo called "Ever be the Prize", and was recorded at a studio in Blanefield (Scotland) in 1985. They recorded a number of songs with Rog Patterson (of "Twice Bitten" fame) as producer, which were then further refined with the assistance of Mike Bentley and Niall Mathewson (Pallas). These were released as a "mini album" in 1986, strongly influenced by Pallas or Abel Ganz style.

In 1987 when Mike Barnard left the band, Barry Henderson joined the band on bass while Mark Spalding played guitars. This line-up recorded the demo tape called "24 Hours" in November 1987 at Evenload Studios in East Kilbride. This was later combined with the mini album to form the band's only CD release under the french MSI label. Unfortunately, the quality of this release is very poor, being a direct transfer from vinyl, rather than master tapes. This is compounded by the fact that "The Student Prince Part One" has been omitted and replaced by an inferior version of a track from earlier on the disc.

A change of direction was heralded in 1989 with the arrival of new lead vocalist John Cowden, replacing Joe Cairney who went on to join the Fire Brigade. The demo tape "Hold On" was recorded at Evenload Studios (East Kilbride) in May '89. The band were playing more standard rock songs, which were more suited to the new vocalist. They played regularly around Scotland, and then quietly disappeared from view.

: : : Yves Le Perchec : : :

Remarkably though, the story does not end there, and in 2011 Comedy of Errors reformed. As the band's official website succinctly puts it:

"One man however kept faith in the original concept, dropped out of the prog scene completely, stayed in his room, kept writing new material and revising songs and waited.and waited.His name I don't recall but that's not important right now. Suffice to say it was hoped these mini-rock symphonies would, at some point in the future, see the light of day and find an appreciative audience. And so it was, thanks to those who kept faith in the music, the new incarnation of COMEDY OF ERRORS came to release their debut album ' DISOBEY ', a difficult birth, a long time in the making, but well worth the wait."

Name:  uno2023 s.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  540.7 KB

Hi friends

Summer Lies Beyond-COMEDY OF ERRORS-THRENODY FOR A DEAD QUEEN

Name:  comedy 7.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  217.1 KB

Name:  comedy 8.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  158.1 KB

Summer Lies Beyond-COMEDY OF ERRORS
https://comedyoferrors.bandcamp.com/...er-lies-beyond

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:58 AM

TRITOP
Name:  tri 1.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  168.7 KB

ABOUT

TRITOP

The band was founded in 2006 in Rome, Italy by Ivo DI TRAGILIA (drums) who, only a few years later, was joined by Pierfrancesco DI POFI (keyboards), Francesco CAPONERA (guitars), Jacopo TUZI (bass), Mattia FAGIOLO ( vocals). "Rise of Kassandra" is their debut album released in 2023. Their music is Progressive Rock with influences from 70's Symphonic Prog and the Neo-Prog
I saw one of their long interviews that let me get to know this group better : first of all they all studied music , they are very young and all are passionate about prog music that they have always heard and therefore know the main groups that will surely enter their music .
the strange thing that struck me is that the whole album was written by the drummer who is also the one who was looking for those who wanted to share his music .... there are 5 components but in reality there are some another .. the drummer's brother who writes the lyrics and helps the drummer in writing the tracks ... but anyway I think that from the next album the music will be enriched by the contribution of the others ...
they are very determined guys who know what they want ... they look above all to the international market and the first goal is to be able to participate in some festivals in Europe to make themselves known ....
the album is full of interesting ideas, I hope they keep their feet on the ground and that after the second album they don't start splitting up, a very common practice in Italian bands.

Name:  uno2023 t.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  546.7 KB

Hi friends

The Sacred Law of Retribution-TRITOP-RISE OF KASSANDRA

Name:  tri 7.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  167.7 KB

Name:  tri8.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  132.6 KB

The Sacred Law of Retribution-TRITOP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gkNVNrxgg

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:15 AM

BUHO ERMITANO
Name:  buho 1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  51.5 KB

ABOUT

BUHO ERMITANO

...from ProgArchives.comj

Buho Ermitano biography
BÚHO ERMITAÑO was formed 2008 in Lima by Diego Pando and Franz Núñez after both met in 2006 during high school studies. They had the idea to celebrate some sort of free music without established genres. After some time it evolved to a proper rock band with the addition of new instruments. The band started to perform live in February 2012 at a concert in the district of Barranco. Their debut album is consisting of seven interesting songs and composes a great introduction to the space rock scene.

Name:  uno2023 u.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  550.7 KB

Hi friends

Ingravita-BUHO ERMITANO-IMPLOSIONES

Name:  buho 3.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  140.3 KB

Name:  buho 2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  114.0 KB

Ingravita-BUHO ERMITANO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becbBdhhhww

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 07-14-2023 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:52 AM

ELOY
Name:  elo 1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  216.2 KB

ABOUT

ELOY

...from Official Site

For a long time, not much was heard about ELOY. After the break-up, few expected to hear from them again. But the creative spark was not extinguished. Together with keyboarder Michael Gerlach from Berlin, Frank wrote songs for a new album »Ra«, which was released in 1988. To the surprise of everyone involved it made it to the German charts. After the painful experiences with the old band, Frank kept the line-up to two permanent members plus studio musicians and guests.

Due to professional obligations, it was not feasible to continue ELOY right away. It was not until 1992 that there was another sign of life with the release of »Destination«. The sound involved fewer keyboards and more guitars now. Whether it was intentional or not, this mirrored the successful style of Frank's famous Hard'n'Heavy production company, Horus-Sound-Studios, rather than the essential ELOY sound. »Every step that we take is linked to our personal destiny, we cannot escape it.« According to Frank, this is the key message of the album.

1993 was a special year in the band's history with the 25th anniversary of ELOY the following year. It was to be celebrated with the ambitious »Chronicles« project, with two CDs comprising the best ELOY songs. Some of the material was re-recorded with the original cast, some was remixed or remastered. Klaus-Peter Matziol rejoined the band for this, making ELOY a trio. Inspired by the old song, they immediately started production of a new album which was intended to retain much of the original spirit. Autumn of this year saw the release of »The Tides Return Forever«, and, for the first time since the 80s, they were touring again. Backed up by drummer Bodo Schopf, guitar-player and keyboarder Steve Mann (both formerly of the McAuley Schenker Group) and backing singers Susanne Schätzle and Tina Lux they celebrated a quarter-century of ELOY, to the delight of many fans.

Due to public demand, there was a second part to the tour in 1995, and the second part of »Chronicles«. was released that year as well. »What more is to come?« asked Frank Bornemann? The answer was »Ocean 2«. This ambitious project also owed itself to the fan club, which had been set up for the tour of '94. At that time, there was simply no way of finishing ELOY off. The song writing and recording went on for a long time. In 1998 the 16th studio album eventually saw the light of day. Positive reactions everywhere sent the band on another tour. Unfortunately, this was to be the last sign of life from Germany's most successful progressive rock band for a long time.

In 2003, EMI released »Timeless Passages«, the ultimate song collection on two CDs. The product was graced with elaborate cover artwork, strongly suggestive of the band's heyday. Shortly afterwards, the last newly mastered old EMI studio albums hit the market. The back catalogue sold in respectable quantities, proving the interest of the fans was still alive. And so the people at Frank's label, Artist Station, which he founded together with Martin Kleemann, had to figure out a way of meeting expectations. In 2009, ELOY are celebrating their 40th anniversary. »The Legacy Box« DVD-set comprises a documentary on the history of the band, enriched with video clips, concert footage and TV appearances of the band. Many of the former and current members of the band have their say. Up to date? Yes, on the occasion of the anniversary, new music is being written and recorded. »Visionary«, is the title of the new album, set to challenge the best of the old ones. Frank has brought the band together again and inspired them to give their best. ELOY is back!

With no live dates on the agenda, is was often assumed that this album was only produced as a one-off gesture by the band to thank their fans for their decade-long loyalty. The DVD title »The Legacy Box«, also contributed to the impression that this was a final statement on a completed career.

However, the demand for further concert activities led to a real band reunion, especially with an invitation from the USAin 2011 to appear as headliner at the legendary Nearfest festival. Although this concert could not take place because Frank Bornemann had a serious accident and landed in hospital on the scheduled date, the band still appeared as headliner at two big festivals in Germany in autumn of the same year (»Herzberg-Festival« and »Night Of The Prog« at the Loreley), and performed a warm-up gig in Switzerland, their first live performance in 13 years. For the first time in their long career, Eloy also appeared on stage with six musicians (plus three guest singers), who were all still current or former original members of the band. The enormous response to these gigs,together with the constant demand from fans for further concerts, prompted the band to go on tour again with the same line-up in 2012 and 2013. The recordings made during the gigs were released as a live double album »Reincarnation on Stage« at the beginning of 2014, and immediately landed in the Top 40 of the official German album charts.

Mastermind Frank Bornemann then withdrew from live performance to devote himself to composing music and writing lyrics for a long-planned project, a two-hour rock opera on the subject of the legendary French heroine of the Middle Ages, Joan of Arc. This, the most elaborate work in Eloy's history to date, to which all long-term members of the band contributed in the studio, took almost five years to complete(!) and was released under the title »The Vision, The Sword And The Pyre« as a band version 2017 and 2019 on two separate albums. Both albums reached high chart positions, received top marks from numerous reviewers, and also attracted much attention at a cultural level.

Name:  uno2023 v.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  556.7 KB

Hi friends

Ingravita-BUHO ERMITANO-IMPLOSIONES

Danger-ELOY-ECHOES FROM THE PAST

Name:  eloy 3.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  162.9 KB

Name:  eloy 4.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  95.5 KB

Danger-ELOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CACKbMVS4TM

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-06-2024 at 04:56 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: