Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2020, 05:43 PM

Edward Van Halen

He passed away today. 65 years old.

There would be no Satrianis,,Vais and hundreds of guitar players in than line or style if it weren t for Eddie Van Halen.
Certainly, many progressive guitar players as well.
He redefined electric guitar sound, technique, and ideas in the rock hard rock scenario, whatever you name it.

very good composer.

No Allan Holdsworth s Road Games album if it weren t for Van Halen.

Holdsworth on VH ,
..." I’m not really that impressed by flash. A lot of rock guitar players are just flash, but Eddie’s thing seems to have evolved completely naturally, on its own..."

Pat Metheny ..... " I got to go back before a show and hear him warm up - which was absolutely mind blowing - he played more incredible music in that 30 minutes of warmup time than he did in the all the vh "shows".."

EVH on Holdsworth ..."the best in my book, so damned good that I can t cop anything.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwBFz6lfrY

I loved VH debut album,, I got it in my 15 years old ,, blew me up those years. Still keep it,,and I listen occasionally maybe some few stuff from their early work.

Not my type of rock that I enjoy and like the most ,,but definitely part of some playlist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: