Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2022, 05:20 PM

Re: 2022 Work in Progress..ive

CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX
Name:  266589625_468242824666374_7673704527960285305_n.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  282.6 KB

ABOUT

CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX

....CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX Biography from Progarchives.com

Founded in Bristol, UK in 2004

From the organization in 2004 till today, CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX have been an unsettled rock project around the key drummer Justin GREAVES (also of Electric Wizard, Iron Monkey, Teeth of Lions Rule The Divine) with lots of his band mates. Through much experience in some outfits Justin had harboured his own soundscape and enthusiasm for 'macabre stoner/doomy progressive rock', which could let every collaborator go the same steady way regardless of such an unsteady formation of the project.

CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX made Justin's ideas more concrete - encouraged especially by Dominic AITCHISON the Mogwai's bassist - and released their debut album 'A Love Of Shared Disasters' from Invada Records, managed by Portishead?s Geoff Barrow, in 2006.

Repeating the band segmentation and fusion as before, CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX now go ahead in stage and studio, for gigging many times around Europe and releasing a box set 'The Resurrectionists/Night Raider' and the selection of this box '200 Tons Of Bad Luck' in 2009.

Name:  uno2022 am.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  764.3 KB

Hi friends

2022 Work in Progress..ive

These are my best tracks of 2022

Track Title-Group or Artist-Album

The Chosen Ones-LALU-Paint the Sky

Land of Green (part 1)-KARFAGEN-Land of Green and Gold

Jagannath-SIMON PHILLIPS-Protocol V

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

Mrs Tibbets-JETHRO TULL-The Zealot Gene

Living For A Better Day-TIME HORIZON-Power Of Three

A Needle Tree-KARCIUS-Grey White Silver Yellow and Gold

No Still Moment-LIGHTHOUSE SPARROWS-Aerials

Little Pretty-STEVE VAI-Inviolate

The Elephants of Mars-JOE SATRIANI-The Elephants of Mars

Wilderness Excursion-KAIPA-Urskog

Changing Worlds-THE JOHN IRVINE BAND-Psychopomp

In 256 Zeichen-TANGERINE DREAM-Raum

Scissors-GHOST OF THE MACHINE-Scissorgames

Die Before You Wake-BEN CRAVEN-Monsters from the id

The Changes-THE TANGENT- Songs From The Hard Shoulder

The Myth of the Mostrophus-RYO OKUMOTO- The Myth Of The Mostrophus

The Odd Land Of Nod-PROPORTIONS- The Odd Land Of Nod

Harridan-PORCUPINE TREE- Closure/Continuation

Heroic Materials-COSMOGRAF- Heroic Materials

The Continuum-DJAM KARET-Island In The Red Night Sky

Der Hauch Des Lebens-KLAUS SCHULZE-Deus Arrakis

Under The Microscope-ARENA-The Theory of Molecular Inheritance

Better Life-DAVE KERZNER -The Traveler

It's Love-GLASS HAMMER -At the Gate

Confusion-PYMLICO-Supermassive

Anthem to the Phoenix Star-THE SAMURAI OF PROG-Anthem To The Phoenix Star

Omega Lights-GALAHAD-The Last Great Adventurer

Il Mondo Di Fronte-ALIANTE-Destinazioni Oblique

The Machinery-INNER PROSPEKT-Grey Origin

Aurora Australis-DEREK SHERINIAN-Vortex

57th Street-ESTHESIS- Watching Worlds Collide

Sex In The Machine-JEAN MICHEL JARRE-Oxymore

Through The Stargate Peter Schwalm -STEPHAN THELEN-Fractal Guitar 3

Journey Trought The Spiral Mind part.1 -DAAL-Daedalus

Rose of Jericho -CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX-Banefyre

Name:  cover_101381382022_r.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  250.9 KB

Name:  cripterxxx.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  141.6 KB

Rose of Jericho-CRIPPLED BLACK PHOENIX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJZO70F7oU

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2022, 11:59 AM

EVERSHIP
Name:  Evership-Live2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  309.2 KB

ABOUT

EVERSHIP

....EVERSHIP Biography from Official website

Last Update: June 22th, 2022
Progressive/Art Rock band Evership is the conceptualization of composer, multi-instrumentalist and producer/engineer Shane Atkinson. Shane played in Nashville bands and as a backup musician for label artists in the late 80's and 90's. As a composer he wrote on Music Row and always having a studio running somewhere in the Nashville area, was a prolific composer with musical work spanning from commercials and film to orchestral and theater. He made two records with the 90's Alternative Rock band Curious Fools, but with the birth of his first child, he decided to leave the music business for the budding software industry.

Shane says he never really stopped writing. "The music just kept coming, almost haunting me. I'd constantly wake up in the night to record song ideas. Over those years I amassed at least a hundred hours of material. But my success in software made it nearly impossible to get out. Something like Evership was bound to happen, it had to happen."

Finally, in 2005, in response to a dream, he sold his big house in the suburbs, downsized, built a recording studio, and opened a commercial and film music production company to finance the album effort. It would take about ten years to make the first record; not just for the actual recording, but for raising a family, building a studio, holding down the production company and remaining business interests, and sifting through the mountain of song material.

Many of the Evership songs were written long before the project started. Some were five to ten years old even then, and there is purportedly enough material for four or more albums. "I've got other material, but I wanted to do this first. Musically-speaking, Prog is where my heart is." He said while growing up, listening to bands like Led Zeppelin, Rush, Yes, Queen, Kansas and Jimmy Hotz, he had no idea it was progressive music. He just liked it. Amongst his other influences were classical composers, particularly Bach, Rachmaninov and Ravel. He has a sizable Opera collection and is a Puccini fan. Fusion music also played a role in the early years; Chick Corea, Al Di Miola, Mahavishnu Orchestra, anything that challenged him musically. "Even what I'm writing now is not intentionally Prog. It's just what comes out. These songs are life-stories, I can't tell them in three-and-a-half minutes. I was a music and literature major in school. So my lyrics tend to be classically driven as well, lending to a longer format."

After deciding on material for the debut album, demos were started in 2009, but life circumstances halted production until 2013 when Shane shut the music production company down to focus on the record.

Beau West, the lead vocalist, had moved to Nashville to do music, but nothing materialized for the effort. With no prospects on the horizon Beau shelved music for three years. He says, "My wife asked me if I wanted to do music anymore. My answer was "'I don't want to write, I don't want any creative control, I just want to sing.'" Little did he know that around the corner of that third year he would get exactly that.

Originally, the singer Shane had keyed the music to was longtime friend and 90's band mate Jason Beddoe, who ended up needing to bow out of the project due to life circumstances. Shane says, "This was operatic, expressive music. These kinds of singers just don't exist anymore. I thought it was over. Beau was literally an answer to prayer."

Shane met Beau West, the lead vocalist, through session singer Mike Priebe (who sings BGVs on the record, along with Nicelle, Mike's wife, on violin). Shane and Beau had a conversation about music that lasted hours. The two had the same musical interests and the same vision for what they wanted to accomplish. After an initial meeting to review the material, Beau was invited to the studio to sing on the most challenging vocal track, Ultima Thule. Shane says, "Beau has that rare range and tone that sounds great anywhere on the scale. He could handle anything I threw at him, and had such a great attitude as well, which was critical because so much production had already been done." Beau says, "This music is everything I'd heard whirling around in my head since I was fourteen and couldn't get it out. Shane unlocked what was already inside and I can't wait to sing every note he writes." This set course for a three year journey of finishing the recording and hence was birthed Evership.

On the debut album, Shane choose to play drums, keyboards, and an assortment of more obscure instruments like the Theremin and Chapman Stick, but to sub-out most of the guitar and bass work to like-minded musician friends and family.

The earliest recording, Flying Machine, was performed by Dan Smalley on classical guitar and Brandon Vestal on electric guitar. However, the classically trained Rob Higginbotham performed most of the rhythm electric, acoustic and classical guitars.

Shane's brother James moved into town later in the process and performed the lead guitars, which turned out to be essential to the Evership sound. "Having my brother here reminded me of when we were young. We used to do these 'concerts'. The neighbors would set up lawn chairs and watch." With James on guitar, the 'brother magic' (a term James coined to explain their telepathic ability to communicate musically) made the lead guitar production more organic.

The Nashville bassist Jaymi "Pink Bassman" Millard (Innocent Monday, Kinetic Element, Mark Slaughter) rounded out the tracks.

Once the debut album was in full swing Shane engaged the know-how of recording engineer Mark Aartun of Innerspeaker Records who cut the beginning of Flying Machine-Part 1: Dreamcarriers on Plexiglas using a rare 1940 Presto K-8 portable record cutting machine. They then re-recorded it from a Newcomb schoolhouse tube record player. "This gave me the vintage Victorian feel I was after."

Finally, as a last minute production idea, Shane contacted his oldest Nashville friend and classical composer Charles Heimermann, who had been leading a professional choir made up of session singers and singers from both the Nashville Symphony Chorus and The Nashville Choir, to push the production over the top with live choir, recorded in a cathedral in Green Hills, Tennessee.

The panoramic artwork was illustrated by Nashville-area artist Philip Willis. Like the music, it is immersive.

The eponymous debut album Evership (CD and Digital) was released on July 1, 2016. Within a month Evership was invited to perform at the prestigious 2017 Rite of Spring progressive rock festival in Gettysburg, PA. By years-end was sited as a 2016 top-ten album of the year by scores of prominent international progressive and rock magazine outlets and radio! The vinyl was mastered by Grammy-award winning engineer Cameron Henry at Welcome to 1979 Studios and was released a year later, again to exceptional reviews.

The Evership momentum continued in 2017 and the band was invited to perform in the second iteration of New Jersey's new Progressive Rock festival "ProgStock", in 2018. But after RosFest the Evership live band went through a change-up, as the members who joined Shane and Beau to support RosFest were largely part of the original album effort and moved on to other pursuits. Jaymi Millard went on to play with Mark Slaughter and was replaced by Ben Young. James moved back to Atlanta and was replaced by John Rose. Jesse Hardin, who was part of the live effort, went on to pursue his own project (Coatsworth Drive) and was replaced by Matt Harrell. Taking time to secure new members lasted into 2018.

Simultaneous to getting the new band up to speed, Shane embarked on creating a second Evership record to keep up the momentum. What took 10 years for the first record, took 10 months for the second. "I was over-extended but I was compelled to keep the continuity of Evership in front of our listeners and the media. And in a way, I had to clear my head of the first run of material. There is so much more to do!"

Evership II began in January of 2018 and was released on October 19th, 2018. The music received almost instantaneous international praise with a record number of reviews and sales in a short amount of time for the act. "Evership II is really the rest of what would otherwise have been on the Debut. The best way to listen to Evership II is to listen to the debut first and then go into the second. It will make more sense."

The sophomore record retains James Atkinson on most of the lead guitars, but otherwise the line-up includes most of the new live band; with Ben Young on Bass and Chapman Stick, and the classically-trained John Rose on rhythm electric, classical, acoustic and slide guitars. Beau West continues to shine on lead vocals and Shane fills out the remainder of the instrumentation, with the exception of the opening track which includes some live performance material from live drummer Joel Grumblatt and some guitar work from former bandmate Jesse Hardin. Shane also managed to incorporate a live orchestra and another session with the Charles Heimermann Chorale. The artist Philip Willis was re-engaged to create the new album artwork in the celebrated style of the first album. Portions of Evership II where performed at ProgStock 2018.

In 2019 Evership released their first official music video to the opening cut; "The Serious Room" to wide praise. The band's proliferation that year caught the notice of PROG magazine and Evership was featured in an interview in issue 97 (along with Yes and Alan Parsons)!

In the break after the Evership II support tour and during Codiv, Shane completed writing/curating their third and fourth albums; a two-act rock opera based on a literary work by Harold Bell Wright entitled 'The Uncrowned King'. The same Evership II band lineup performed the recording and the unique photography of Rory White graces the covers for an altogether different and catching "storybook" effect. The single 'Allthetime' was released April 23nd to great fan and industry acclaim, appeared on PROG magazine's CD Sampler (Issue #119) and aired internationally on terrestrial and internet radio. The album 'The Uncrowned King - Act 1' was released on May 21st, 2021 and garnered many Best Album of 2021 from reviewers and fans! The epic music video to 'The Tower' aired on November 24th of that year. 'The Uncrowned King - Act 2' was preluded by three singles: The first single 'Coronation' was released on June 22nd, 2022. The second single 'The Voice of the New Day', released July 15th, features SAGA-frontman Michael Sadler. The final single 'The Law of Ages' is accompanied by an elegant music video sensation. And finally the awaitied conclusion to the rock opera 'The Uncrowned King - Act 2' was released October 14th, 2022 to great international acclaim!Evership is in full-sail again and the journey continues strong!

Name:  uno2022 an.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  771.5 KB

Hi friends

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

Uncrowned-EVERSHIP-The Uncrowned King: Act 2

Name:  tuk2_album.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  113.4 KB

Name:  everxxxx.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  136.0 KB

Uncrowned-EVERSHIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jE425MW9Y

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:17 AM

COLLAGE
Name:  316954288_571557091647356_944272672146986850_n.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  302.1 KB

ABOUT

COLLAGE

....COLLAGE Biography from Progarchives.com website

Formed in Poland in 1985 - Disbanded in 2003 - Reformed in 2013

This Neo Prog band from Poland was not only the most important band from this country in the 90's; It figures among the best Neo Prog bands in the world. Blending heavy keyboard background with extremelly melodical guitar and vocals, they were able to deliver an original and very interseting music. Intricate tempo changes differenciate this band from the competition amongst their style, with vocals in Polish and English depending on the album.

"Moonshine" is one of the greatest symphonic progressive rock CD's of the modern era. This CD features great production, wonderful melodies and singing with superb playing-both as accompaniment and tasty biting solos and fills. WONDERFUL!!!

Name:  uno2022 ao.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  773.4 KB

Hi friends

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

Man_in_the_middle-COLLAGE-Over And Out

Name:  collage.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  252.8 KB

Name:  collagexxx.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  138.5 KB

.......an abridged version of the one featured on the album (Radio Edit)

Man_in_the_middle-COLLAGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2O5f5vP6o

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:06 AM

MANTICORE
Name:  manticore.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  196.3 KB

....few news about this group classified as Symphonic Prog that returns after a long break with a good album "Elements" ...
for the news about the group I rely on the review of Second Endeavor which states among other things that the present biography on progarchives it is not correct

ABOUT

MANTICORE

....MANTICORE Biography and album review
from Progarchives.com website by Second Endeavor

5 stars MANTICORE was originated in 1985 by Ulf Holmberg and his brother Göran with partnership of Kjell Jansson, Per Saavedra, Michael Loof and Pär Lindh. Then there were several years of existing, with various changes in line-up along the way, before unveiling the debut CD 'Time To Fly' in 1994. Curiously enough, after successful gigging for appreciative audiences around Sweden and Norway, Manticore disappeared from view... A nearby quarter-century hiatus ends when three co-founders (Ulf Holmberg, Göran Holmberg and Per Saavedra) reconvened to work together. There is always the worry that a follow-up could be something of an anti-climax so I'm happy to report that is not the case. As effect of involving Jon Sundberg to the group's ranks, Manticore have come up with the second studio release 'Flight 19' (2018) featuring a rather peculiar assortment of songs - combination of their own stuff and covers, where every ingredient counts. Four years on, the band unveil the third CD 'Elements' destined to take us back again to the Glory days of the early 1970's. The deja vu feeling is present far and wide. While it's certainly a modern recording, you'd swear that much of influences came from legendary forefathers of the style. There is a blameless 'RETRO' feel around with mandatory hallmarks of classic symphonic-prog and the material contained within the set definitely ensures that goal. Methinks, major influences on the album come from the UK bands like Genesis, ELP, Greenslade, The Beatles, Electric Light Orchestra (to name a few) that can be heard alongside echoes of early Kaipa. The perfectly-styled guitar licks evoke Steve Hackett or even Roine Stolt. The use of cathedral organ, Mellotron, soaring synths could give you append clues. If that's not sufficient yet, a refined nod to Led Zeppelin on one song brings a dissimilar colour. Yep, these Swedes have found a cache of unique musical memories and give 6 distinctive compositions for us to hear in amaze. Overall, the blend of instrumental pieces and vocal songs, and there is a good balance between the two types. As far as any parallels with newer bands are concerned, Dynamo Bliss (primarily, '21st Century Junk') and Moon Safari come to my mind too. But regardless of comparisons, Manticore successfully pulls it off without sounding overmuch derivative or trite. The band never employ the long format keeping their compositions rather compact to match inventiveness with the fine melodicism. The rich instrumentation lays out the canvas for beautiful vocal interplay between two singers. It is really difficult to pick exclusive moments because all of individual tracks on the offer are pretty darn good. Even so, definite mention deserves the auld composition 'Rain Is Falling' (written back in 1985, and now fully re-arranged). Throughout the album, Ulf Holmberg is in prominent roles of guitarman and keyboardist. Whithal, essential importance of leader can hardly be considered an absolute monopoly, since there is a lot of room for other members to produce the marvellous sonic spectrum. Göran Holmberg takes on vocal duties, as well as providing bass throbs inspired by Chris Squire. Being another frontman, Jon Sundberg adds his lovely singing performance, he also plays organ for the closing number of CD. Putte Saavedra provides the elegant work on drums and percussion. Despite the fact that Manticore have a base configuration, the special guest was brought onboard - Kjell Haraldsson (Hassy Froberg Musical Companion) who's drenching analogue and digital keyboards at instrumental 'The Wood'. Another mention goes to Jonas Dominique for his tasty string arrangement (violin, viola and cello) of track entitled 'Open Your Eyes'. When all of these musicians stand united and focus common signal, they create a genuine retro vibe.. Conclusion. This new Manticore album will probably haunt my CD player for a long time.
---

P.S. Just a little supplement. So far, Prog Archives feature incorrect info about those who're involved to make aforementioned release.

Second Endeavour | 5/5 | 2022-12-21

Name:  uno2022 ap.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  776.6 KB

Hi friends

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

New Horizon-MANTICORE-Elements

Name:  manticorealbum.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  223.7 KB

Name:  manticorex.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  93.0 KB

New Horizon-MANTICORE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bQdWd_nhk

Elements-MANTICORE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5orumLZp8s

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:07 PM

MARKUS REUTER
Name:  markus.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  182.1 KB

......if I had listened to this album without knowing the authors I would have said without hesitation King Crimson from the first period .... certainly a music that divides between those who appreciate it and those who don't consider it ...
I like the fragmented rhythms with continuous accelerations and sudden braking that are the guiding thread of Crimson and within this scheme progrock, contemporary progressive jazz, and ambient electronics find space ... Markus Reurer who participated in some Crimson tours and in some King Crimson Project albums in this second album of improvisations he replaces Robert Fripp to guide the theme of the tracks and the result is very close to the best Crimson .... of course all this applies if you like the Crimson Style which then can be identified above all in Robert Fripp

ABOUT

MARKUS REUTER

....MARKUS REUTER & TRUCE trio
from BANDCAMP website

TRUCE 2 is the 120th release on MoonJune Records, the first release in 2022. A very special album for the NYC-based independent label, and this is what 5 protagonists of the realization of this album are saying about it:

MARKUS REUTER (touch guitar, electronics)

A bit over 2 years ago, the first TRUCE album came to us as a big surprise. Upon its release it was an instant success and fan favorite. That was another, most-welcome surprise. Now, two years later, we are about to put out the follow up album, TRUCE 2.

The time between these 2 recording session is where things got interesting. No need to explain about the practical impact the pandemic had on us. Cancelled concerts, cancelled recordings sessions, etc. Things had turned out quite differently from what we had in mind for the band.

But anyway, as we were playing the first few takes in the studio in July 2021, we quickly realized that playing like on the first album just didn’t work. This was suddenly a new band that was like a stranger to us. Yes, we’re the same people, but it felt like there were new souls in our bodies. The self-reflection and the emotional rollercoaster had left an imprint in our souls, and it is reflected in the music for me. There simply was a different story to tell this time… And we had to discover that story as we went along.

Fortunately I can totally rely on my allies, and it didn’t take long to find renewed energy and interconnectedness that made us create a wonderful set of instant composition that excites us. It’s a reminder of the power of music.

Fabio Trentini plays basses, Asaf Sirkis plays the drums, and I play Touch Guitar and electronics. The setup was similar to the first album’s recording, but this time Fabio had 3 basses with him: The Wal fretless bass that he had use with us before, but also a fretted 5-string bass, and an electric upright bass. We were recording at Ritmo&Blu studios in the north of Italy, with engineer and co-producer Stefano Castagna, who became very important in the post-production process. And then there was Leonardo Pavkovic, who inspired us with his proverbial enthusiasm, encouragement, optimism and smiles.

The album was recorded over 2 days, with a third day that was reserved for 'overdubs and repairs'. Fabio and I then met once again with Stefano a few weeks later, to mix and master the album in just a few days. A major change for us, considering that the previous TRUCE album was recorded in one afternoon with virtually no overdubs.

FABIO TRENTINI (fretless bass guitar, fretted bass guitar, electric upright bass)

As a musician and as a music producer, I’ve always been the kind of guy who needs to have the whole situation under control. I never considered myself a good improviser at all. TRUCE taught me the art of letting myself fall, trusting my bandmates and trying to come up with something interesting in real time, without planning things. To me, it means an important enrichment musically speaking, but most importantly I see it as sort of therapy and a spiritual experience. The first album came into being all at once, the recording session took less than a day, and we were able to come up with some very energetic and pretty wild material. TRUCE 2, even if it’s based on improvisations just like the previous album, is a layered work. We invested more time into some overdubs and treatments, and managed to channel more colours and ideas into the record.

ASAF SIRKIS (drums)

Playing with the TRUCE trio has always been an ‘in the flow’ musical experience for me. As a drummer, I’ve enjoyed a certain freedom of expression unlike any other band I’ve played in! I believe that, to a large degree, this is due to the trio’s sympathetic way of playing together as well as each of the musician's serious dedication and honest and organic contribution to the music. Compared to our first album, TRUCE 2 has been a journey of discovery. How can we go to places we haven’t been before? Is the question that was often raised while we where recording this album. That exploration has been been both intense and rewarding and I hope you'll enjoy this musical journey with us.

STEFANO CASTAGNA (recording engineer, mixing and mastering engineer)

I was flattered by the request of the band and their label to intervene in the post-production, mixing and mastering of their second album which was recorded in my studio, and I immediately thought that the best thing to do could be to press the accelerator, which, in some respects, connects me to a period in which rock merged with the concepts of improvisation without necessarily falling into the formalities of jazz.

From a technical point of view, all recordings were made digitally in the 24/96 format. For post production and mixing, the computer and some digital solutions were used for those indispensable aspects, but in essence the work was mainly carried out in an analog environment using physical hardware. I have always believed that music has more expressive possibilities when the mixing follows certain criteria of greater involvement of human action. Often the mixes were "performed" in real time and without automation, trying to keep the philosophy of improvisation unchanged, in my opinion the strong point of all this work.

LEONARDO PAVKOVIC (record producer, enabler)

When I suggested to Markus Reuter to record a power trio album in which he can be the protagonist and ferocious soloist, he immediately accepted the challenge and he couldn’t say no to my suggestion to count on our mutually favorite drummers, Asaf Sirkis. Markus ’choice for the bass position was reserved for his old pal and collaborator for over 2 decades, Fabio Trentini. I love the ideas of power trios. Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, ELP, Rush, The Police, King’s X, Stick Men are some of the greatest and favorite rock trios. MoonJune Records has different trio set ups on its label roster, some of them including Markus Reuter (‘Lighthouse’ with Mark Wingfield and Asaf Sirkis; and ’ShapeShifters’ with Tim Motzer and Kenny Grohowski). Markus Reuter and Asaf Sirkis are two omnipresent ‘moonjunistas’, two artists who released more albums on their own or in various projects than anyone else. I truly believe that all three of us have grown together: my label has grown thanks to them, releasing some outstanding music which feature their immense multi-dimensional and genre-crossing talent, and they both grown musically, embracing new challenges and conquering new sonic dimensions with exemplary new and innovative music. Easily, two of my all time favorite musicians and dear friends and companions on various tours and recording sessions around the globe. producer and bass maestro from the Italian Dolomite Alps, Fabio Trentini, is a newcomer in the 'moonjunista' world, and I am sure there will be new opportunities to make some more great music together in the near future, whenever and wherever that future is.
credits
released June 17, 2022

MOONJUNE RECORDS, MJR120
(P) AND (C) 2022 MOONJUNE MUSIC / MARKUS REUTER

MARKUS REUTER: touch guitars AU8, soundscapes, synthesizers, treatments
FABIO TRENTINI: fretless bass, fretted bass, electric upright bass, synth bass
ASAF SIRKIS: acoustic drums, percussion

STEFANO CASTAGNA: recording engineer, editing, additional production
LEONARDO PAVKOVIC: project initiator, enabler and executive producer

Produced by Stefano Castagna and TRUCE

All music written by Reuter, Trentini, Sirkis.
Recorded at Ritmo&Blu Studio, Pozzolengo (BS), Italy, on July 3/4/5, 2021.
Mixed by Stefano Castagna with Markus Reuter and Fabio Trentini at Ritmo&Blu Studio, Pozzolengo (BS), Italy, August 21-25, 2021
Mastered by Fabio Trentini and Markus Reuter.

Album design by Ritxi Ostáriz.

Name:  uno2022 aq.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  775.7 KB

Hi friends

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

One Cut Suffices-MARKUS REUTER-TRUCE 2

Name:  truce album.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  65.9 KB

1.The Rake 08:42
2.Rounds of Love 05:59
3.Barren 05:14
4.Melomania 10:09
5.Consolation 07:13
6.River of Things 04:28
7.One Cut Suffices 08:13

One Cut Suffices-MARKUS REUTER
https://markusreuter.bandcamp.com/tr...e-cut-suffices

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-21-2023 at 05:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:49 AM

Greetings
this year I am far behind due to lack of time due to many of my commitments and also due to the summer season which has been very prolonged so once again I am forced to temporarily abandon my way of presenting my best tracks of 2022
..and I insert them only with the description
I hope to be able to describe them later in my format
meanwhile 2023 is coming and I have already seen many albums released in 2023 that could potentially contain some good music
I don't want to spend a lot of time before listening to them

Roberto
for AM nicola

Name:  uno2022 ar.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  789.2 KB

Hi friends

Alda-BREIDABLIK-Alduorka

One Cut Suffices-MARKUS REUTER-TRUCE 2

ADDED

Change-King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard; -Change

The Edinburgh Suite Pt. 1 Old Town-Anders_Buaas -The Edinburgh Suite

1st Movement-Cye; -The Strange Animal from the North

Saraswati_Supercluster-Grombira-Lunar Dunes

Hanging_on_in_a_Hurricane-Guy_Hatton-Hanging_on_in_a_Hurricane

Achilles-John_Holden-Kintsugi

Moments of Life-Phoenix Again; -Vision

Real_Life-Sula_Bassana -Nostalgia

Compendium_of_a_Llifetime-The_Rome_Pro(g)ject-V - Compendium Of A Lifetime

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:53 AM

KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD
Name:  1280px-King_Gizzard_2019.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  432.0 KB

ABOUT

KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD

....From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard are an Australian rock band formed in 2010 in Melbourne, Victoria.[1][2] The band's current lineup consists of Stu Mackenzie, Ambrose Kenny-Smith, Cook Craig, Joey Walker, Lucas Harwood and Michael Cavanagh. They are known for exploring multiple genres, staging energetic live shows and building a prolific discography, having released 23 studio albums, 14 live albums, three compilations and three EPs.

Their second EP, Willoughby's Beach, and debut album, 12 Bar Bruise, primarily blended surf music and garage rock, and were released on Flightless, the band's own label. Their second album, a "psychedelic spaghetti western" titled Eyes Like the Sky, features spoken-word narration by Broderick Smith. Float Along – Fill Your Lungs, released later in the year, and the 2014 albums Oddments and I'm in Your Mind Fuzz, saw the band expand on their psychedelic sound. In 2015, they drew on elements of jazz fusion and progressive rock with Quarters!, and also released the folk-inspired Paper Mâché Dream Balloon, recorded almost entirely using acoustic instruments. Nonagon Infinity features nine interconnected tracks that form an infinite loop and won the ARIA Award for Best Hard Rock or Heavy Metal Album.[3][4]

In 2017, the band fulfilled a promise to release five studio albums within the year: Flying Microtonal Banana, an experiment in microtonality, in February; the three-chapter "sci-fi heavy metal epic" Murder of the Universe in June; Sketches of Brunswick East, an improvised jazz collaboration with Mild High Club, in August; Polygondwanaland, which was released into the public domain in November; and Gumboot Soup in December. The 2019 albums Fishing for Fishies and Infest the Rats' Nest saw the band tackle environmental themes and incorporate boogie rock and thrash metal, respectively, into their sound.

In the 2020s, the band released two further microtonal studio albums – K.G. and L.W. – and the synth-based dream pop album Butterfly 3000 (all released independently), as well as several live albums, a concert film and two compilations. Eric Moore, the band's second drummer and manager, left the band in 2020 to focus on running the band's record label, Flightless. In 2022, King Gizzard released Made in Timeland, their first double album Omnium Gatherum, and released three further albums – Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava, Laminated Denim and Changes – in October of the same year.

In a 2019 study conducted by the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard was ranked No. 21 in a list of the world's hardest-working musicians.[5] This was earned due to the number of live shows they played from January 2018 to August 2019 – totalling to 113 live performances both domestically and internationally.

Views: 89

Name:  king album.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  240.3 KB

Name:  changexx.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  46.6 KB

Changes-KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD
https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/track/change

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 01-16-2023 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:43 AM

PHOENIX AGAIN
Name:  phoenix.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  319.3 KB

ABOUT

PHOENIX AGAIN

....From official website

The foundation of Phoenix Again dates back to 1981, year in which this band from Brescia was born and baptized Phoenix.

The band founders were the three Lorandi brothers, Claudio, Sergio and Antonio, all together with their drummer Silvano Silva. At this time they played live concerts all over their hometown. After five years of playing together, Antonio left the band in 1986.
The sorts of Phoenix changed again in 1991, with the entry of Emilio Rossi’s keyboards, which added to their compositions a more symphonic direction. The collaboration with Emilio Rossi led to the recording ALCHIMIE, the first tape with original compositions of the band. The live activity of the group went along until 1998, year in which the band dissolved.

After the tragic death of the eldest brother Claudio who passed away after a long disease in 2007, the remaining band founders gathered together once more and decided to let the phoenix rise again from its ashes and to record an album which would contain some of the historic compositions of their music career and chose the bands current name Phoenix Again. The resulting commemorative album THREEFOUR was dedicated to Claudio and released in december 2010.
It received enthusiastic reviews by prog-rock magazines all over the world.
In 2011 some young musicians entered the band lines: Marco Lorandi, Giorgio Lorandi (the sons of Antonio) and Andrea Piccinelli. During the live activity Alessandra Lorandi, Sergio’s daughter, plays the flute in the track Free Ireland.

On 28th february 2014 the Phoenix Again released their second studio album LOOK OUT with the new complete formation: Sergio Lorandi (guitars); Antonio Lorandi (bass guitars); Silvano Silva (drums & percussion); Andrea Piccinelli (keyboards & cello); Marco Lorandi (guitars); Giorgio Lorandi (percussion).

The phoenix is reborn from its ashes, at least this is the legend, but that of Phoenix Again is in perpetual flight, a deduction that comes after listening to their latest work, Vision, which is concretely the summary of how the band sees, perceives, intends and realizes that rock that makes you travel on high musical altitudes just by listening. Compared to my first listening to this band, with Uniexplorer, a lot of time has passed, and going back a bit to their first audacious work, having now come to this new Vision, it must be said that the ideal perspective has changed a bit but, the music, has crossed the sound barrier and not only that. Yes, because this is one of the most interesting and mature bands in our music scene, a band that doesn't just make music but carries it directly into the hearts of the listener. In the meantime, let's start with the first novelty of the group: in fact, Alessio Bolpagni joins the line up at Phoenix Again, who on guitars replaces Marco Lorandi who has decided to take a break after the release of this album. Vision is presented, like all Phoenix Again's works, full of sounds and instrumental passages that leave no room for reflections of genre during listening, if one excludes the mere fact that the band is so powerful in dragging the listener into a whirlwind of emotions. And Vision is still, for the Brescian group, another splendid album matured in four years of production alternating with the band's live shows. As always we travel between progressive, symphonic and great brushstrokes of jazz that color the tight musical tempos, a record that travels completely in instrumental also pushing itself on often innovative platforms with passages and plots that make this album a work that you never stop listening to and listen again, the power of the sound is so strong, a sound experienced in full harmony by the band capable of transporting the listener towards that Vision of tough Italian rock but with an international flavor. Vision is not only the evolution of Phoenix Again's rock, Vision is also the evolution of a different flight for the phoenix, a flight that projects the rock animal that we know so well towards new sonic destinations.

Views: 86

Name:  phoenix album.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  170.1 KB

Name:  phoenix xx.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  196.3 KB

Moments of Life -PHOENIX AGAIN
https://phoenixagain.bandcamp.com/track/moments-of-life

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 07:35 AM

SULA BASSANA
Name:  sulaband5.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  209.6 KB

ABOUT

SULA BASSANA

....From official website

Dave first entered stage in 1985 or 86, can..t remember, as keyboardplayer of the electronic duo Solaris. Several electronic duos and trios followed. Twilight Network for example. In 1994 he co-founded the psychedelic rockband Liquid Visions. They released 5 albums and some singles on several labels. In 1997 he founded Zone Six to create spontaneous psychedelic spacerock trips. Zone Six are still existing and released 6 albums so far. In 1998 Andi (Growing Seeds) and Dave formed the studioproject Weltraumstaunen to record some excellent freak outs. Two albums were released on Nasoni-Records. In 1998 he moved to Bayreuth (Bavaria) to fill the drummers seat in the spacerockband Growing Seeds. But in early 1999 they gave up and he went back to Berlin. They just released one vinyl-single on Pleitegeier-Records. In early 2003 he left Liquid Visions.
There was also a little episode with a nice ambient, drum'n'bass and dub-project called Space Shuttle Pilots, but sadly without any proper release.
Sula's first solo-album Dreamer was released on Nasoni-Records in 2002. More albums followed. Dave played in several projects, such as Psychedelic Monsterjam, together with Ax Genrich on guitar and Mani Neumeier on drums (both from Guru Guru). Two live-CDs were released on Sunhair-Records. In 2003 he co-founded the psychedelic-postrock-project Südstern 44, together with Ellipopelli (ex Growing Seeds) and Julius K (ex Zone Six). There was one album on Nasoni-Records and one CD-R released by the band.
In late summer 2006 he moved to Austria and founded his label sulatron-records, played guitar in the young local rockband Alice Dog and has started a project called Interkosmos, with Sergio Ceballos (guitar and vocals, from RIP KC, Spain) and Bernhard Fasching (aka Pablo Carneval, drums, from The Blowing Lewinsky). Another short time project was born with the saxophone-wizard Mario Rechtern and spontaneous guests: Das Alte Haus (only one CD-R released on the NY-based Jazz-label Tiger Asylum).
AND there is a new band (since late 2009) called Electric Moon with Lulu (Lulu Artwork, bass), and Dave on guitar and organ (and drums), and Pablo Carneval on drums. Many releases followed.
In 2010 he moved back to Germany!
In 2012 Lulu, Modulfix (from Zone Six), Rainer Neeff (The Pancakes, Zone Six), Onkel Kaktus and Sula founded a new project called Krautzone! 3 Vinyl releases followed, and a double CD also!
In 2022 Sula left Electric Moon.
He also played some gigs as guitar- or bass-player with the Øresund Space Collective in Germany and Norway.
He also jammed on stage with the following bands and musicians: Gas Giant, Circle, Damo Suzuki, Keiji Miashita, Horst Porkert, The Movements, Electric Orange, Niagaragain, Spheric Lounge, Annot Rhül and members of Seid.
He played with his bands and projects mostly in Germany, but also in Austria, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Poland, England, Wales, Portugal, Greece, Tunesia and Belgium.
In the 20th year of Sula Bassana's solo career, a new album is showing up!
It contains songs composed and recorded from 2013 to 2018, but finished at a few evenings within the last years.
After some more electronic orientated albums, this one here is more in the style of the rock orientated albums like Dreamer, The Night, Dark Days or Live At Roadburn 2014.
The amazing cover picture was painted by french painter Hervé Scott Flament.

Views: 77

Name:  sula album.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  245.7 KB

Name:  sula xx.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  79.4 KB

Real Life-SULA BASSANA
https://sulabassana.bandcamp.com/track/real-life

GOOD LISTENING

Last edited by nicola : 03-10-2023 at 02:20 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: