Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Aural Moon Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2023, 03:59 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
RIP Rick Dashiell

It is my sad duty to inform the Aural Moon community of the passing of Rick Dashiell. Sadly, today, Rick lost his battle with cancer.

For those that do not know, Rick was a member of the Aural Moon community and, for a long time, he hosted a show on Aural Moon called The Rickter Scale. Due to a clash with some station personalities, Rick left Aural Moon. Notwithstanding my affiliation with Aural Moon, I had tried to remain friendly. I don't/didn't know his inner feelings but I truly hope that he held no animosity toward/for me.

Rick, I believe, was one of the first Aural Moon members I met in person. Due to Rick being a resident in Maryland and I in New Jersey, we often met up at gigs in the area. IIRC, the first RoSfest in Phoenixville, PA may have been our first encounter. We would see each other at RoSfest, NEARfest, 3RP, New Jersey Prog House, Prog Day and even as far away as Summers End in the UK, not to mention many other one-off concert gigs.

Rick was an interesting character to say the least. He held an almost encyclopedic knowledge of music and musicians both prog and other genres. I was once at Rick's home and I recall that he had a poster on his wall that was a sort of "family tree" of many musicians and bands, and their progeny. That was a sort of diagram of Rick's musical knowledge although, that poster was an abridged version of the stuff Rick had squirreled away in his head along with a treasure trove of jokes and other trivia tidbits.

Rest In Peace, my friend, Rick.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 01-13-2023, 04:47 PM
KeithieW

Re: RIP Rick Dashiell

Absolutely devastated and heartbroken to hear of the death of my friend Rick.

We first got in contact via “Aural Moon” and it was obvious that we had a LOT in common as he told jokes that were even worse than mine.….and that’s not easy.

I met him at Heathrow on his first trip to The UK when he came over for a Summer’s End Festival in 2006 and we, along with a few fellow “Moonies”, had a fantastic weekend of music, libations, food…and bad jokes.

We met many times after that when I went over to The US for RoSfests and again here in the UK when he came over again for another Summer’s End, this time in Chepstow, Wales.

I’m not ashamed to say that I really loved the guy and I will miss him more than I can possibly say.

I was pleased that we got to chat over Messenger a couple of weeks ago and I really can’t believe that we will never do that again as we had planned to do.

My sincerest condolences to his lovely wife Trudy and the rest of his family and friends. Thinking of you all at this dreadful time.

RIP Rickster. You were a great friend and I thank you for being a part of my life and for all those laughs. I will never forget you.

🎵🎶😎❤️😎🎶🎵

Last edited by KeithieW : 01-13-2023 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to teermin8r Send a message via Yahoo to teermin8r

rickandroll aka Rick Dashiell will be missed. I met him at here at Aural Moon online and then in person at ROSfest. One year I flew in to Baltimore and we went to the Orioles game and stayed the night at his house where I met his lovely wife Trudy. We then drove to Gettysburg for the festival. I will miss him and his bad jokes and smile. A truly great friend RIP
Old 01-13-2023, 08:42 PM
Patron

Send a message via AIM to Thor
Unhappy Re: RIP Rick Dashiell

I am so saddened to hear of Rick’s passing.
He was ever positive and putting on his game face right up to the end.
I first met Rick through Aural Moon chat and his show. We then met up a few times for some great concerts that he travelled up to Boston to see with me and also review/interview for his Rickter Scale and Delicious Agony productions.
I would see him faithfully at our mutual love for the RoSFest events.
There are so many he touched through the years. He will be missed.
My condolences go out to his wife Trudy, his family, and his grandkids that he got to spend very precious time with.

om namah shivaya
om gan ganapataye namah
om aim saraswataye namah
om shrim mahalaxmaye
Old 01-13-2023, 10:42 PM

I'm still a bit shocked. I've known Rick for 20 years or so. But, we lived too far apart to spend a lot of time together. He and I split a room several times on our annual trips to Progday. I was fortunate to know him well.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:24 PM
Patron

So very saddened by the passing of my friend Rich Dashiell. he was an encyclopedia of progressive & rock music and many other things. You could truly speak with him on practically any subject and he was there, listening, commenting and yeah telling really corny jokes.

It was Rick and Keithie, who made the discovery that that "dude" Keithie kept thanking was a girl(i solved some small problem he was having). i loved Rick's shows and have bootlegged a few from those early days. Vax i am sure there was no animosity held by Rick, none that i could tell. Rick introduced me to many of my favorite groups. his ears were golden. i have no idea how he managed to listen and get his shows together and do all the activities he was involved in. Always busy right up to the end. i appreciated his extending the friendship of his family to my daughter when she briefly attended Morgan State. it was a great joy to meet at least one moonbeam finally. i found both Rick and Trudy to be friendly, open, funny, knowledgeable and just plain genuine. I admire Rick for sharing his battle and being so damn optimistic. i will miss him greatly.

to my fav redheaded dj 💔 🎶♥️
Old 01-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Administrator

RICHARD DASHIELL OBITUARY

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=38646269

Name:  Rick_Dashiell.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  31.9 KB
Old 01-15-2023, 11:02 PM
Owner/Program Director

Rick had so many friends around the world, one of my best travel memories was meeting his college friend Wayne Gabel in Tokyo for a beer, then the now gone teriyaki stalls, good fun with a "gringo" who spoke fluent Japanese (Wayne and I are still internet friends!). As everyone has said, he is missed, and I'm glad our paths crossed. Vax, I am 99.99% certain he had no ill will towards you!
Old 01-16-2023, 06:59 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by artw View Post
I really thought there'd be more said in his obituary.

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 01-16-2023, 07:03 AM
progger propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim View Post
Rick had so many friends around the world, one of my best travel memories was meeting his college friend Wayne Gabel in Tokyo for a beer, then the now gone teriyaki stalls, good fun with a "gringo" who spoke fluent Japanese (Wayne and I are still internet friends!). As everyone has said, he is missed, and I'm glad our paths crossed. Vax, I am 99.99% certain he had no ill will towards you!
We did still hang around at events. It's sad that in his waning days, the WuFlu had put the kibosh on many of the events where I'd see him.

Knowing Rick, I'm surprised he didn't leave a joke to be written into his obituary.

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 01-16-2023, 10:43 AM
Patron

Thank you, vax.

I can’t believe he’s gone. I was talking to him just a week before, and even then he was offering to help me find some track. That special time we had as a group starting around 2003 has his name written all over it. He was always up for a faff in ‘white’. Kind, thoughtful, and sharp as a tack. I’m very grateful I knew him. We had a running joke that neither of us were allowed to take more than five minutes to do anything. You can take more than your five minutes now, Rick. Rest well my friend. Your beautiful family will be in my thoughts.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:36 PM

Sad news. I knew Rick but admittedly not super well. I would see him at Progday or Rosfest and he would be one of several people I would chat with. He seemed like a laid-back guy who liked to joke around a bit. He was a big supporter of the prog festivals and a very good online radio dj. He will be missed. My condolences to his friends and family. RIP Rick.

Last edited by Mike413 : 01-16-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:41 PM

I saw that Rick's sister posted a list of Rick's all time top ten albums on facebook. Here's the list:

10. Kate Bush – Hounds of Love
9. Djam Karet – The Devouring
8. Finch – Glory of the Inner Force
7. Wishbone Ash – Argus
6. Echolyn – As the World
5. King’s X – Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
4. XTC – Oranges and Lemons
3. Yes – Close to the Edge
2. Discipline – Unfolded Like Staircase
1. King Crimson - Discipline

Last edited by Mike413 : 01-19-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:58 AM

I remember Rick as very active and "vocal" participant on the Moon. His presence in the forums, the shoutbox, and of course, through his own show, The Rickter Scale. I never met the man in person, but based on his activity here, the radio show, and some of the emails we exchanged years ago, I thought he was a nice, positive guy, and rather open-minded music-wise (qualities that apply to many other Moonies as well, I suppose).

For some sort of recollection related to the man, included below is a brief shoutbox "log" from December 2005. It was taken during the first airing of that particular R.S. show where Rick played the second album of the Finnish band Kingston Wall. The shouts from the box were just copy'n'pasted to a text editor (very sophisticated), so the original emojis are unfortunately missing.

It's mostly just dialogue between me and Rick'n'roll, discussing the album. There are also a few shouts by Mossy, Sharcnorris, and Tim McCaskey (of the Maryland-based band Might Could).

--- SNIP ------------------------------------------------------------

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:04 PM :
Yea, it sounded funny.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:06 PM :
can you imagine them freaking out if they heard this on the net?

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:06 PM :
the musicianship is top notch...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:06 PM :

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:07 PM :
Perhaps a bit too noisy...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:07 PM :
Methem says, "we cannot sing"....

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:08 PM :
at least for people who come here to hear traditional prog. rock from the 70s...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:08 PM :
I was compelled to play the entire CD. The songs run into each other, and I was waiting for a bad song. Never happened!

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:09 PM :
A guy called "Ufo" Mustonen plays violin in this. I don't really know anything about him, so don't ask...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:09 PM :
it's like the producer "Pedro Cucaracha"...sounds like a made up name to me...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:10 PM :
You don't know who he is... ?

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:10 PM :
apparently not....enlighten me

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:11 PM :
Petri Walli.

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:12 PM :
So, made up indeed, heh.

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:13 PM :
Not sure why he chose to use that alias...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:15 PM :
I thought so...didn't sound Scandanavian...altho ugh it had the vowel at the end of the name. Do most Finns have the vowel at the end of their first names?

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:16 PM :
Yep.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:18 PM :
You know between Alamaailman Vasarat and Hidria, the Finns have a reputation for being a bit crazy..but fun

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:18 PM :

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:19 PM :
Vasarat were doing human pyramids at Nearfest...and I had a fun time with Hidria..they were kind of dissing the Strawbs

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:20 PM :
I asked the guitarist about the weather in Finland...he pointed to the air conditioner and smiled...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:20 PM :
Heh.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:21 PM :
this stuff reminds me a lot of 60's jams...some Schenker in his playing...this isuch good stuff.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:22 PM :
Hidria played the famous opening spot on Day 2. And tore the house down...

mccaskey, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:22 PM :
hey there.

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:23 PM :
Yup. Both this and Hidria are/were from Helsinki area, I think. KW has also probably slightly inspired Hidria's music, I would guess...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:23 PM :
Hello, mccaskey.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:24 PM :
hi tim...meth this is tim from Might Could....

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:24 PM :
I know, nice to "meet" you, Tim.

mccaskey, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:25 PM :
Sorry I couldn't make the chat when we (might could) were on. Just came home from a wedding up in Taneytown.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:25 PM :
I tossed your disc on before this for some conrast, tim

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:25 PM :
wasn't aaron was it? Geez he just turned 21!

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:26 PM :
we get about double the listeners during the day so the replay tomorrow should be a hit..

mccaskey, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:27 PM :
Aaron just turned 23, actually. No, it wasn't Aaron.

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:27 PM :
I personally think the bass could be slightly less robust/heavy/whateve r on this...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:27 PM :
I was in Frostburg for a graduation yesterday..Taneytown near Frederick? There also yest.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:29 PM :
robust is one of those business words lol...I like bass just not that rap fuzz...maybe Ptri (Perdo) was high when they mixed it..

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:30 PM :
that's one way to end a song...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:31 PM :
Sean has played this and "You" in his show...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:32 PM :
Sean the encyclopedia of music...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:34 PM :
For the next piece, you should've just silently slipped the original Donna version in...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:35 PM :
... see if anyone would've noticed anything strange.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:36 PM :
I don't believe I own that...I'll be a bit late tomorrow, but will make it just as Might Could begins...will brace for the reaction to the Donna cut..

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:37 PM :
yeah play that right after the Istwan song and see if they can guss it's the same band

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:37 PM :

sharcnorris, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:38 PM :

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:38 PM :

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:38 PM :
I want to see Hidria do this...both KW and Hidria have excellent drummers.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:39 PM :
hey sharc, mossy...ready to dance?

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:39 PM :
Hi, people.

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:39 PM :
hi rick and all, i just did bills and am now about to watch batman. just popped in to say hi

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:39 PM :
I can't access white tonight...hope it's temporary..I fear it's my Norton upgrade.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:40 PM :
bills and batman...must be the cape that does it for you huh

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:40 PM :
uh oh, but i'm sure one of the techie moonies will help you out rick

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:41 PM :
meth this part rocks...

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:41 PM :
actually, i'm being forced (batman)

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:41 PM :
by Alfred the Butler?

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:42 PM :
I suppose there was a little bit humor included when these guys, or Walli, decided to cover this song/artist...

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:43 PM :

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:43 PM :
I find the "Fire" cover on the first album pretty annoying, to be honest.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:43 PM :
jusdging by Jukka's reaction to "Fire" this may not have gone over well either.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:44 PM :
at least he didn't say "move over rover and let Petri take over"

sharcnorris, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:44 PM :
sssssshhhhh, im still dancing with Mossy..

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:44 PM :
This is the Piirpauke guy, flutist/saxophonist, playing.

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:44 PM :
you are?

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:44 PM :
jinx there methem..sharc are you slow dancing now?

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:46 PM :
I thought it was Kenny G...(sorry ) the most annoying cover is Ace frehley covering ELO's "Do Ya"

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:46 PM :
sorry to step on your toes sharc. too dark in black.

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:47 PM :
or that Baby i Love you Way cover.....

sharcnorris, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:47 PM :
aahhh ,the disco years, short skirts

mossy, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:47 PM :
well, see you later methem, rick and sharc. i can hear the movie firing up in the LR. niters

that's not his toes!

Methem, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:47 PM :
Laters, mossy.

see you mossy, thanks for the 5 minutes...

rickandroll, Dec 18, 2005 - 10:51 PM :
such a diverse record for straight rock...Eastern, sax, dance, good mix.

----------------------------------
Old 01-21-2023, 08:33 AM

https://www.stageit.com/celebrating_...SvdQ-hLdgTbEBY

Buster Harvey The Orion Studios LiveMusic Showcases
10h ·
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Tom and Ann Rinaldi have generously offered to livestream tomorrow's celebration for Rick Dashiell using StageIt. There has to be a nominal charge to cover costs including rights payments to artists.

This is a party that was planned for Rick before he passed. Several of us will be there tonight to celebrate his life. You can join to with this stream of the event. The band tonight is Blacklight Orchestra live for Orion Studios. Maybe you will get to see me LOL
Old 01-21-2023, 01:14 PM

Very sad to here. I remember when he was here on the moon. As I recall he was a big Salem Hill and Discipline fan. R.I.P. Rick.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 AM

Rick Dashiell's Top 250 CDS

Rick Dashiell’s Top 250 CDS

250 KING'S X KING'S X
249 LED ZEPPELIN IV
248 TRAVIS LARSON BAND SHIFT
247 THIEVES' KITCHEN THE CLOCKWORK UNIVERSE
246 THE FLOWER KINGS STARDUST WE ARE
245 STEVE HACKETT SPECTRAL MORNINGS
244 STEVE UNRUH SONG TO THE SKY
243 ROBIN TROWER BRIDGE OF SIGHS
242 PHIL MANZANERA/801 DIAMOND HEAD
241 LED ZEPPELIN HOUSES OF THE HOLY
240 THE COASTERS THE VERY BEST OF THE COASTERS
239 KING'S X OUT OF THE SILENT PLANET
238 SPOCK'S BEARD X
237 ROBIN TROWER FOR EARTH BELOW
236 RESISTOR RISE
235 QUEENSRYCHE OPERATION:MINDCRIME
234 QUEEN A NIGHT AT THE OPERA
233 PORCUPINE TREE DEADWING
232 MOLLY HATCHET BEATIN' THE ODDS
231 UNITOPIA THE GARDEN
230 MARILLION - MISPLACED CHILDHOOD
229 LED ZEPPELIN - PRESENCE
228 TOMMY BOLIN - TEASER
227 LED ZEPPELIN - II
226 KISS - KISS
225 ECHOLYN - SUFFOCATING THE BLOOM
224 U.K. - U.K.
223 THE WHO - QUADROPHENIA
222 THE SMITHEREENS - BLOW UP
221 THE GOURISHANKAR - CLOSE GRIP / 2nd HANDS
220 TEARS FOR FEARS - SONGS FROM THE BIG CHAIR
219 MOON SAFARI - BLOMLJUD
218 KIT WATKINS - LABYRINTH
217 KISS - DRESSED TO KILL
216 KING CRIMSON - RED
215 MSG - ASSAULT ATTACK
214 SAGA - WORLDS APART
213 RUSH - SIGNALS
212 STEVE MILLER - BOOK OF DREAMS
211 POLICE - GHOST IN THE MACHINE
210 OZZY OSBOURNE - BLIZZARD OF OZZ
209 WYZARDS - WYZARDS
208 THE VINCE GUARALDI TRIO - A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN (JAZZ IMPRESSIONS)
207 SUPERTRAMP - BREAKFAST IN AMERICA
206 YES - GOING FOR THE ONE
205 STRANGEFISH - FULL SCALE
204 STYX - CRYSTAL BALL
203 SCORPIONS - LOVEDRIVE
202 SAGA - SILENT KNIGHT
201 RUSH - MOVING PICTURES
200 PAT TRAVERS - PUTTING IT STRAIGHT
199 RUSH - FLY BY NIGHT
198 STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - CORE
197 RUSH - COUNTERPARTS
196 YES - DRAMA
195 THE CULT - SONIC TEMPLE
194 TALKING HEADS - REMAIN IN LIGHT
193 KING CRIMSON - LARKS' TONGUES IN ASPIC
192 RUSH - HEMISPHERES
191 ROBIN TROWER - BLT
190 LIVING COLOUR - VIVID
189 OZZY OSBOURNE - DIARY OF A MADMAN
188 THE CULT - ELECTRIC
187 MIKE OLDFIELD - FIVE MILES OUT
186 ZEBRA - ZEBRA
185 MARILLION - CLUTCHING AT STRAWS
184 YES - THE YES ALBUM
183 JOHN CURTIS - SHORT SONGS ABOUT AFFORDABLE FOOD
182 JOE SATRIANI - SURFING WITH THE ALIEN
181 BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL
180 BEARDFISH - SLEEPING IN TRAFFIC PT 2
179 JEFF BECK - WIRED
178 DEUS EX MACHINA - DEVOTO
177 IQ - TALES FROM THE LUSH ATTIC
176 DAVID GILMOUR - DAVID GILMOUR
175 ELP - BRAIN SALAD SURGERY
174 DFA - 4TH
173 FLOR DE LOTO - MUNDOS BIZARROS
172 JETHRO TULL - STORMWATCH
171 JEAN-LUC PONTY - AURORA
170 JETHRO TULL - AQUALUNG
169 JUDAS PRIEST - SIN AFTER SIN
168 IRON MAIDEN - SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON
167 BEATLES - SGT. PEPPER's LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
166 FLEETWOOD MAC - RUMOURS
165 KANSAS - MASQUE
164 FALCONER - FROM A DYING EMBER
163 JETHRO TULL - A PASSION PLAY
162 EXTREME - III SIDES TO EVERY STORY
161 ELP - TARKUS
160 CHICAGO - II
159 FUZZ MANTA - SMOKERINGS
158 IRON MAIDEN - KILLERS
157 JETHRO TULL - HEAVY HORSES
156 IZZ - I MOVE
155 HEART - DREAMBOAT ANNIE
154 ILUVATAR - ILUVATAR
153 GENTLE GIANT - THREE FRIENDS
152 GENESIS - WIND AND WUTHERING
151 HEART - LITTLE QUEEN
150 EXTREME - PORNOGRAFFITTI
149 PAT TRAVERS - CRASH AND BURN
148 DEREK SHERINIAN - THE PHOENIX
147 CHAOS CODE - THE TRAGEDY OF LEAPS AND BOUNDS
146 BEATLES - REVOLVER
145 GENTLE GIANT - THE POWER AND THE GLORY
144 JEFF BECK - BLOW BY BLOW
143 HEART - DOG & BUTTERFLY
142 GONG - PIERRE MOERLEN's - GAZEUSE!
141 GHOST - MELIORA
140 GENTLE GIANT - THE MISSING PIECE
139 THE WHO - WHO ARE YOU
138 KANSAS - MONOLITH
137 GENESIS - FOXTROT
136 BUDGIE - SQUAWK
135 AL DIMEOLA - ELEGANT GYPSY
134 PAUL WELLER - WILD WOOD
133 PETER FRAMPTON - FRAMPTON
132 FALCONER - ARMOD
131 ASTURIAS - FRACTALS
130 ILUVATAR - CHILDREN
129 GENESIS - A TRICK OF THE TAIL
128 ENCHANT - A BLUEPRINT OF THE WORLD
127 JUDAS PRIEST - HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
126 CHICAGO - VII
125 BUDGIE - BANDOLIER
124 BRUCE HORNSBY - HARBOR LIGHTS
123 BLACK SABBATH - NEVER SAY DIE
122 ELTON JOHN - DON'T SHOOT ME I'M ONLY THE PIANO PLAYER
121 CRACK THE SKY - SAFETY IN NUMBERS
120 THREE - THE END IS BEGUN
119 DAVID BOWIE - STATION TO STATION
118 ASTURIAS - BRILLIANT STREAMS
117 MINIMUM VITAL - LA SOURCE
116 RAINBOW - RISING
115 MORGLBL - GROTESK
114 IQ - THE ROAD OF BONES
113 DADA - PUZZLE
112 CHRIS SQUIRE - FISH OUT OF WATER
111 JEAN-LUC PONTY - COSMIC MESSENGER
110 MINIMUM VITAL - ESPIRIT D'AMOR
109 GONG - PIERRE MOERLEN's - SHAMAL
108 INDIGO GIRLS - CLOSER TO FINE
107 DADA - DADA
106 GONG - PIERRE MOERLEN's - EXPRESSO II
105 NATIONAL HEALTH - NATIONAL HEALTH
104 LIVING COLOUR - TIME'S UP
103 FM - CITY OF FEAR
102 DEEP PURPLE - FIREBALL
101 CRACK THE SKY - ANIMAL NOTES
100 FOREIGNER - FOREIGNER
99 BOSTON - BOSTON
98 JOE JACKSON - LOOK SHARP!
97 B-52'S - COSMIC THING
96 CHICAGO - I
95 BLUE OYSTER CULT - CULTOSAURUS ERECTUS
94 BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE - STREET ACTION
93 OZRIC TENTACLES - JURASSIC SHIFT
92 NATIONAL HEALTH - OF QUEUES AND CURES
91 JETHRO TULL - SONGS FROM THE WOOD
90 DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK
89 QUEEN - JAZZ
88 BLACK BONZO - GUILLOTINE DRAMA
87 JETHRO TULL - BENEFIT
86 JEAN-LUC PONTY - MYSTICAL ADVENTURES
85 JOE JACKSON - BIG WORLD
84 DADA - AMERICAN HIGHWAY FLOWER
83 BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN & HELL
82 LIZARD - MASTER & M
81 GAMALON - AERIAL VIEW
80 ELP - TRILOGY
79 JUDAS PRIEST - STAINED CLASS
78 STYX - EQUINOX
77 AMBROSIA - AMBROSIA
76 DIXIE DREGS - DREGS OF THE EARTH
75 RUSH - CARESS OF STEEL
74 STYX - THE GRAND ILLUSION
73 STEELY DAN - THE ROYAL SCAM
72 MINIMUM VITAL - CAPITAINES
71 DEVO - DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE
70 RUSH - 2112
69 OZRIC TENTACLES - ERPLAND
68 OPETH - GHOST REVERIES
67 RUSH - A FAREWELL TO KINGS
66 JEAN-LUC PONTY - ENIGMATIC OCEAN
65 THE CARS - CANDY-O
64 GENTLE GIANT - IN A GLASS HOUSE
63 RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - BLOOD SUGAR SEX MAGIK
62 PURE REASON REVOLUTION - THE DARK THIRD
61 PHIL MANZANERA / 801 - LISTEN NOW
60 IF - NOT JUST ANOTHER BUNCH OF PRETTY FACES
59 GENESIS - SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND
58 FRANK GAMBALE - THE GREAT EXPLORERS
57 FOCUS - HAMBURGER CONCERTO
56 WILDING/BONUS - PLEASURE SIGNALS
55 THE CARS - THE CARS
54 KANSAS - POINT OF KNOW RETURN
53 KING'S X - FAITH/HOPE/LOVE
52 QUEEN - A DAY AT THE RACES
51 BLACK BONZO - THE SOUND OF THE APOCALYPSE
50 SALEM HILL - BE
49 ELTON JOHN - CAPTAIN FANTASTIC & THE BROWN DIRT COWBOY
48 MARILLION - FUGAZI
47 LED ZEPPELIN - PHYSICAL GRAFFITI
46 JEAN-LUC PONTY - IMAGINARY VOYAGE
45 JETHRO TULL - THICK AS A BRICK
44 NEMO - LE VER DANS LE FRUIT
43 MOLLY HATCHET - MOLLY HATCHET
42 RETURN TO FOREVER - WHERE HAVE I KNOWN YOU BEFORE
41 CARAVAN - IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK
40 QUEENSRYCHE - EMPIRE
39 PINK FLOYD - ANIMALS
38 GENTLE GIANT - OCTOPUS
37 GAMALON - GAMALON
36 FM - BLACK NOISE
35 BLACK SABBATH - SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH
34 BOB MOULD - WORKBOOK
33 BLUE OYSTER CULT - SECRET TREATIES
32 SAGA - HEADS OR TALES
31 STEVE TIBBETTS - YR
30 U.K. - DANGER MONEY
29 MAGENTA - SEVEN
28 RETURN TO FOREVER - ROMANTIC WARRIOR
27 BILL BRUFORD - ONE OF A KIND
26 RUSH - PERMANENT WAVES
25 JETHRO TULL - MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY
24 MAGIC PIE - MOTIONS OF DESIRE
23 CRACK THE SKY - CRACK THE SKY
22 TOOL - LATERALUS
21 BEATLES - ABBEY ROAD
20 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT
19 KANSAS - LEFTOVERTURE
18 ELTON JOHN - GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD
17 TABULA RASA - TABULA RASA
16 MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND - NIGHTINGALES AND BOMBERS
15 PETER GABRIEL - SECURITY
14 AYREON - INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE
13 IRON MAIDEN - PIECE OF MIND
12 RONNIE MONTROSE - OPEN FIRE
11 PORCUPINE TREE - IN ABSENTIA
10. Kate Bush – Hounds of Love
9. Djam Karet – The Devouring
8. Finch – Glory of the Inner Force
7. Wishbone Ash – Argus
6. Echolyn – As the World
5. King’s X – Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
4. XTC – Oranges and Lemons
3. Yes – Close to the Edge
2. Discipline – Unfolded Like Staircase
1. King Crimson - Discipline

Last edited by teermin8r : 01-23-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:20 PM

I posted a top ten but I didn't know there was a bigger list. However, I noticed that between 220 and 230 there are a bunch of repeats (LZ, Misplaced Childhood, Tommy Bolin, UK, etc.). Also, 231 to 240 is missing. Maybe there's another list. Also, I noticed no VDGG on the list (something many Moonies on here would be happy about) and no Italian prog - but it's his list so I won't dispute it.

Last edited by Mike413 : 01-23-2023 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mike 413. I went back and fixed it
Old 01-23-2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teermin8r View Post
Thanks for the heads up Mike 413. I went back and fixed it
Thanks!

Anyway, a very interesting and varied list. Not everything on it is super obvious and the kind of thing most people would know and like but for me personally I think there's at least some on here worth exploring more.

Last edited by Mike413 : 01-23-2023 at 08:00 PM.