Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Head Joint

Colin Edwin-Infinite Regress- Releasing January 24th

Hello everyone. Just thought i would share some news from one of the bands i am currently promoting for. Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree has a new album coming out in January and thought you all may be interested in hearing about the release.

Have had this album on repeat since i started listening a couple of hours ago. I am hooked. This is what Paul Watson of Progarchy had to say about this song and watch this space for his review of the album in the future.

Paul Watson:
"Just played. Very interesting track. Has a slight tinge of Bowie meets Thelonious Monk meets Avant-prog. Almost a slew of blue notes if not flat which makes it engaging. Very interesting to listen to indeed."

"This guy has put a lot of thought into the structure. I don't know too much about the Prog genre of Rock in Opposition (RIO), but this sounds fresh and exciting. Look forward to it too."

To see the video of the first song from the album released, please follow and like his band page on facebook and scroll down to see and hear the new track.
https://www.facebook.com/ColinEdwinOfficial/

I am very happy to present this new video for the track "Floatograph" - taken from my upcoming album "Infinite Regress" - All the tracks from "Infinite Regress" also feature my good buddy RJ on vocals. Big thanks to Al @ Human Eye Studio for making the video.
Pre-Order "Infinite Regress" here : https://bit.ly/2OiPXXo
(Note, all pre-orders recieved via Burning Shed by Mid December will be signed.)

“Infinite Regress” is a rare song based solo outing from prolific collaborator, bassist and composer Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree/Metallic Taste of Blood/Twinscapes/O.R.k. etc)SPAMMER! Ignore this post! Reflecting on the inaccuracies of both collective and personal memories and an enduring fascination with the subconscious and its imagery, Colin Edwin joined up with longtime friend, vocalist and lyricist Robert RJ Peck to explore themes of urban alienation, technological distraction, memory and forgetfulness.

With a nod to the bass heavy, ambient electronica infused territory somewhere between New Order and Massive Attack, “Infinite Regress” is a collection of ten instinctive and visceral songs with a definite nocturnal, midnight to dawn ambience. Highlights include "Hell Within Your Hands”, which expresses our ongoing love/hate relationship with mobile technology, the plaintive and catchy “Demission” where an insistent, propulsive and overly simplistic one note bassline underpins an incongruously cheery lament to the inescapable claustrophobia of corporate wage slavery, and the pleasantly disorientating psychedelia and abstraction of “Floatograph” which asks the perennial question “Are You Real?”

With its reversed melodic form, closing track “Under the Lens” evokes the grainy nostalgic air of a long lost photograph taken from a receding, ever distancing point of view. “Infinite Regress” is an intuitive and thought provoking release, which highlights a remarkable chemistry.

TRACKLISTING: Opening of the Mouth/Hell Within Your Hands/Mirror City/Demission/ Floatograph/Memory Ritual/Almost Still/Infinite Regress/Ignorunt/Under The Lens

Colin Edwin: Fretted and Fretless Basses, Ebow, Rhythm Programming, FX. Robert RJ Peck: Vocals, Guitars, Ebow. Inna Kovtun and Eduard “Dilya” Prystupa: Additional Vocals on “Hell Within Your Hands” Recorded and Mixed @ Nightspace and Crash U.K. Mastered by Paul Mex @ Mex One Recordings Contact:
thirdvessel@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InfiniteRegressCover.jpg (1.22 MB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg Col.jpg (1.46 MB, 216 views)
File Type: png ColRob.png (1.97 MB, 217 views)

Last edited by skitzdout : 12-16-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Re: Colin Edwin-Infinite Regress- Releasing January 24th

HI Skidz,
I listened to Floatograph from the forthcoming CD , fine track, aesthetic clip,
not far from Porcupine Tree 's sonic universe; not RIO in my (humble) opinion
Good starter anyway
merci
Mail

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: