Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 PM
KeithieW

Happy Birthday Aural Moon.

Somewhere in the world it is now 22nd June 2007. That's Aural Moon's 8th Birthday.

A very happy birthday to you AM.

I KNOW I speak for all the moonbuds and budettes out there on the Sea of Tranquillity when I say a huge thank you to Avian for getting the whole thing going. I don't know what I'd do without The Moon and all my beautiful friends out there. You mean more to me than you can ever imagine.

So.........lots of love and good wishes to you all from the bottom of my heart and soul.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Patron

Re: Happy Birthday Aural Moon.

Well for one thing without AM Keithie and the rest of us would be all the more richer as we've all bought far more CD's than we dreamed of. We've all turned into compulsive prog addicts so Avian can soon start Aural Anonymous where we we can all go and get counselling. Just think of all the stick Keithie has had to go through from Pam. In my case my wife just spends the same amount on something else so it hits double here....... But think also what we would have missed without AM. I just cannot imagine not having Vax around buggering Microsoft constantly and those lovely ladies we have.......

Happy Birthday AM and lets hope it continues despite those horrible politicians and corporate men who only have dollars in their brains and nothing else.

Three cheers for Avian, Vax and Jim (Three x's for Dr.Dot)
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Patron

I discovered the Moon nearly 3.5 years ago, and rediscovered prog, which I lost contact to in the 80's and 90's. Not being a power-CD-buyer (like Rogor or KW), I bought in this 3.5 years more CD's than in the 20 years a.m. (ante Moon).

Thanks to Avian giving birth to this site, and thanks to all the ppl (specially Jim and Vax) for keeping it alive...

So, cheers Moon,

a HAPPY MOON BIRTHDAY to us all

Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to teermin8r Send a message via Yahoo to teermin8r

Without Avian starting the moon, I would have never refound prog, not met the many moonies that I have, not flown to San Francisco to share the weekend with moonies, and not gone to 2 ROSfests. Of course the many, many cds I have purchased. The internet is a good thing. So to you moonies I haven't met yet, what are you waiting for? Go to a music festival, ROSfest!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Patron

Yes, Happy Birthday Moon!

My family accept it as important in my life, my friends finally understand what it's all about, and it is my background sanity at work. I've met the dearest people to me, some in 3D, some still virtually.

It will be 4 years in November since I stumbled upon it on the net. On that day kw was in shout, along with dear poda, steady stan and the spaz. Along the way we've grown in number, Avian built a new site, Jim took over the reins and packs new music on at an alarming rate, Dr. Dot has sorted many techie probs and made us laugh while he's doing it, and VAX has kindly undertaken the enormous task of keeping us afloat day to day with the server, the "watching", the improvements, Theme Thursday and all the other things that crop up.

We can't forget the Moonies who give us amazing shows, consistently - Rick, Moses, Cozy, Sean. Thank you. Even when your schedules busy, you bring it. Also our Polish Prince, wojtek, who organizes the annual poll at the end of the year. And Mortis, the Danish Cricket Meister who appears to spend hours pouring over prog news to bring us the latest and most interesting stuff. Last but never least, keithiew, the Birthday Bugle, who reminds us of these special events because that's just how he is (and mortis and roger from VT. who fill in the gaps when kw's doing his sidings tour)

The Moon is a special place of friendship, bankruptcy and aural fixation. I'm happy to be a part of it. A toast to you, Moonies. Here's to another good year on the Moon.

mossy

Last edited by mossy : 06-21-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Happy Birthday AM from your Aussie listners
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 AM

a big happy birthday to the Moon. like so many others, it is so gratifying to find others who feel the same way about the music I love.

thanks to all that make it happen.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:30 AM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 AM

I've been listening to the Moon for less than a year, but it has truly become a part of my life. I, too, lost touch with prog through the 90's and am very happy to discover new (for me) music. Bonus! I've met such wonderful Moonfolk in the shoutbox and am fortunate to have met a few in person.
Thank you to all who spend so much time and money to keep the Moon full - Avian, Jim, Roger, Vax, Rick, Cozy, Moses, Sean, Gags, RogorMortis, KeithieW. (Sorry if I've forgotten someone).
Let's keep rockin!

Last edited by julieval : 06-22-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Thank you Avian

I am relatively new here - but have been blessed by the friendships and times together, virtually, around the world, as have many, many others.

Although my beard changes, colors, lenght, whatever - my appreciation for you all contines to grow and grow. Thank you all for all you mean to me.

Let us continue to appreciate and care for one another.

May Aural Moon have another 8 great years!! (at least!!)

Texas Ted
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM

Happy Birthday Aural Moon! This site is a great source of entertainment and education. Long Live Aural Moon! Long Live Internet Radio!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Happy Birthday Aural Moon! I've found so much music here I would've never found otherwise, not to mention all the great Moonfolks! Many thanks to all that keep the Moon in orbit! Here's a toast to many more future birthdays, cheers!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Patron

A very happy birthday to Aural Moon. maker of my day, keeper of my sanity, guardian of my creative flow and home to a wealth of like-minded sound chasers. May there be many, many, many more Anniversaries to follow.

your very humble eared elfen listener

i'll be

poda
Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up Re: Happy Birthday Aural Moon.

Bonne Fete Aural Moon!
I'm so glad I discovered this unique place. Been listening for a couple of years, became a member just recently, and am enjoying the camaraderie very much. Thanks for being there AM and moonies. Maybe some nations could use us as an example of how people can get along peacefully!

Vive le prog!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Patron

Happy 8 years AM

I have been a listener off and on for about 4 years now, and even though I keep traveling off into other dimensions of music, I always find myself coming back to the Moon. Thanks for 4 years of great music and great members.

A special thanks to Avian, and all the gang that keeeps this station going, you folks are the best!

Heres a toast to another 100+ years

Spewie
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Prog rules, dogs drool!

Send a message via AIM to MrMagoo

Felicem diem natalem, Aural Moon!!! And thank you to all the players that have helped me, in aural addiction, in times of need & fun, in financial decrepitude

Blessings be,
MrMagoo.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Thumbs up Re: Happy Birthday Aural Moon.

Thanks for putting this together gents and bringing so many of us back to a genre that we thought had died. Happy Birthday... and many more!

Jim Rogers
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 PM

Thank You Aural Moon

Thanks to all of you who make this wonderful place possible!

I Love Aural Moon.

Bmithra
Old 06-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Happy Birthday, thanks to all of you put it together and keep it going. So much great music on this site, so much to discover. So many more CDs to buy!

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:13 PM
<Insert emoticon here>

I'll be lifting a mugful (OK, maybe more than one) to the Moon when I get home! It's been such a wonderful place to have discovered in an Internet that looks more and more like a digital version of the noisy bustle portrayed in Bladerunner city scenes! I marvel at the breadth of great music that continues to arrive on the site and give wholehearted thanks to Avian, Jim, VAX, Dot, and all the DJs that help make the Aural Moon much more than the sum of its "parts". And then, of course, there are all the fine people that come, sit, faff, visit, share, and reveal themselves in ways that allow us all to truly call each other "friends" whether we've met face-to-face or not!

Cheers!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: