Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - Acqua Fragile & Supertramp

Greetings my friends of Aural Moon.

For you lovers of PFM and Italian symphonic progressive rock, I have a treat for you today. Prior to his joining PFM, Bernado Lanzetti formed the group Acqua Fragile with ex-members of Gli Immortali and I Moschettieri. Their short 2-album lasted from 1973 - 1974, even though the group first formed in 1971 with Milan being their home. Their biggest claim to fame, other than their brilliant musicianship and composition, was that Bernardo sang all of their lyrics in English, not something the other Italian groups were doing. Some say that may have been their downfall. When Bernardo left to join PFM in 1974 for Chocolate Kings, that was their end.

I'll play both of their albums, the eponymous debut album from 1973 and Mass Media Stars from 1974.

To close out the show we have the album that saved Supertramp. Having formed in 1969, they struggle through their first two albums. At this point they did a complete overhaul and only the core of the group, Richard Davies and Roger Hodgson, remained. That seemed to do the trick because they managed The Crime of the Century and it was a big success. It was released in 1974 and was one of the best albums of that year in many respects.

I hope you enjoy our albums for this week.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: