Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Station News > Website
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 AM
KeithieW

Idiot Guest Shouters

This morning at about 10:00am GMT a Guest_9315 shouted some insults at one of the other members (eloy1964) and I had to step in and ask them to go away. At the time of writing he/she/it hasn't come back.

My point is that I feel it would be better if the Shoutbox function were taken away from people who hadn't logged in fully. I seem to remember that the old site shoutbox wasn't available if you weren't logged in. Maybe this should be reinstated.

I'd be interested to know what others feel about this.

Here's what happened (obviously the earliest shouts are at the bottom of the page ):

# KeithieW : Had you heard of him before? That's one reason that the Request Free day is so good. It encourages people to listen to new artists and moves us away from RQing things like "Supper's Ready" time and time again.

# eloy1964 : Thankx Keithie. David conley is the first artist to sound so like Geddy Lee. Amaizing.

# KeithieW : Ignore that idiot eloy. He/she/it will be barred from the site shortly. I'm sorry you had to experience this idiot.

# eloy1964 : I don't think God will want to eat this noob anyway!!

# KeithieW : Guest 9315. Please go away. We have a method of tracking who you are and barring you from the site.

# [GUEST]guest_9315 : Altough you listen to good music, Eloy, you are a noob, God hates noobs and eats them for breakfast. And you know what time it is in heaven? Breakfast time! RUUUUUUUUUN ELOY RUUUN

# KeithieW : No your computer is fine.

# eloy1964 : Ah thankx. I thought the problem might be my computer!

# KeithieW : Hi eloy...Wednesdays are Request Free days. It helps introduce people to new music. SAM picks tracks from the library at Random. Requests will be back on tomorrow.

# eloy1964 : Does anyone know why the requests are switched off?

Last edited by KeithieW : 11-29-2006 at 04:29 AM.