Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #157 - Nash the Slash (RIP)

Hello, my friends.

This past week we lost a pioneer of progressive rock in Jeff Plewman, best known to you as Nash the Slash.

He made his biggest debut when he started the Toronto group FM. It started as a duo with keyboardist Cameron Hawkins. Drummer Martin Deller was added just a little later. This was the line-up that created the classic album Black Noise. (one of the albums I played several months ago in a show about the group.)

Nash the Slash left the group, however, after the release of this album and the ensuing tour. He decided to take the solo career track. This was in 1978. By 1980, Nash was invited by Gary Numen to tour The UK and later Europe. After this tour he released and album titles Children of the Night. That will be our first album.

I will follow that up with a covers album he did in 2008 that included some of the prog classics. I finish off with the 1982 album And You Thought You Were Normal. This was their first album after Slash rejoined the group.

I do hope you can join us for this tribute to the late Nash The Slash.

See you on the radio.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to GKTed
Re: COTM - #157 - Nash the Slash (RIP)

Sorry I missed this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: