Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Progressive Shores
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2004, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up Quebecois prog

Hi Sean,this is my first time ever on Aural Moon and especially your show.You rule!Anyone who dig Scandinavian metal-prog ,French-Canadian prog/psych/folk ,Charlebois,Forrestier,Karrik and al has to be the coolest guy on earth!Being from Montreal it's nice to see someone from outside the province dig that music.I've been reading your reviews in Expose for a few years and your piece on Quebecois prog in issue 27 is my all time fave.I read it over and over.When is the second part coming?You know more about Quebec prog than any French Canadian.Sorry for the long rant,I had so much to say.Oh!and will you ever do another Quebec prog special,or at least have the ones I missed re-run?Please excuse me for my poor English.Salut! Alain
Old 08-20-2004, 07:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to the_original_ib
Alain, thanks for writing. Your English is fine! There are lots of people outside Quebec who would like its prog music, they just have to find out about it. Hard to do when so much of it is only on vinyl. Part 2 of the article will be in Expose #31 which should be out sometime this year.

I can do a couple of new Quebec shows this Fall. For reruns is there a particular time slot that works well for you? Also is there a particular show you want to hear? I have to be in New Brunswick in two weeks so there will be a rerun that week. Maybe I can get the powers that be to rerun one of those shows...

Regards,
Sean
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM

Quebec prog

Hi Sean,you're right about Quebec prog,it's a shame that there's not enough titles on cd.Bands like Offenbach,Octobre,Morse Code ect.. deserve more than the cheap compilations that are available.Complet re-issue catalogue is what they desrve,not to mention Michel Madore,Frank Dervieux,Eternité ect...oh! maybe someday. It would be nice if you could re-run all 4 of the quebec shows and the Canada day show.Is that too much to ask?Evenings would be fine(7:00-8:00 EASTERN TIME).Btw last night's show was very good.Xhol Caravan was a revelation,can't wait for next week.Ciao! Alain
Old 08-21-2004, 02:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to the_original_ib
I will talk to the powers that be to see if I can get an evening time slot for repeats, at least temporarily. Glad ya dug the German stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: