Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Extended Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2004, 02:26 PM

Sept 12 & 13 - Intersections

While on one hand I think this is a stellar show, at least two of the albums have played here before. It seems this has been a common occurance in the last few months. While I'd like to see the show continue to grow and get better with every passing week, it hasn't. Mostly, this is because I've been busy with other projects and haven't been able to devote more attention to EP. Realizing this, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather let my tenure with EP end than run it into the ground.

So, it is my unfortunate duty to let you all know that this is my last Extended Play on Aural Moon. I've let Jim know that I've no intention of taking the show away if he'd like to continue playing repeats and/or if anyone would like to continue the idea (which I continue to think is a great one).

Thank you all for your praise and disapproval in the past. It's meant the world to me that I had that many people engaged for 3 hours each week these past two years. I'll stop short of telling you all goodbye completely, since I intend to stick around the boards and donate my $50 every year for the good of AM radio.

Adios,
Tommy

P.S. Notice the album intersections. I've bolded them for your enjoyment.

I. Medula (Bjork) 2004[list=1][*]Pleasure Is All Mine (Björk) 3:26 [*]Show Me Forgiveness (Björk) 1:23 [*]Where Is the Line (Björk) 4:41 [*]Vökuró (Sigurdardottir, Vidar) 3:14 [*]Öll Birtan (Björk) 1:52 [*]Who Is It [Carry My Joy on the Left, Carry My Pain on the Right] (Björk) 3:57 [*]Submarine [/w Robert Wyatt] (Björk) 3:13 [*]Desired Constellation (Alary, Björk) 4:55 [*]Oceania (Björk, Sjón) 3:24 [*]Sonnets/Unrealities XI (Björk, Cummings) 1:59 [*]Ancestors (Björk, Tagaq) 4:08 [*]Mouth's Cradle (Björk) 3:59 [*]Midvikudags (Björk) 1:24 [*]Triumph of a Heart (Björk) 4:04 [/list=1]
II. Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard (Robert Wyatt) 1975[list=1][*]Muddy Mouse A (Frith, Wyatt) 0:49 [*]Solar Flares (Wyatt) 5:36 [*]Muddy Mouse B (Frith, Wyatt) 0:50 [*]5 Black Notes and 1 White Note (Offenbach, Wyatt) 5:00 [*]Muddy Mouse C/Muddy Mouth (Frith, Wyatt) 6:15 [*]Soup Song (Hopper, Wyatt) 4:03 [*]Sonia (Feza) 4:18 [*]Team Spirit (MacCormick, Manzanera, Wyatt) 8:33 [*]Song for Che (Haden) 3:42 [/list=1]
III. Diamond Head (Phil Manzanera) 1975[list=1][*]Frontera (MacCormick, Manzanera, Wyatt) 4:04 [*]Diamond Head (Manzanera) 4:28 [*]Big Day (Eno, Manzanera) 3:45 [*]The Flex (Manzanera) 3:34 [*]Same Time Next Week (Manzanera, Wetton) 4:48 [*]Miss Shapiro (Eno, Manzanera) 6:28 [*]East of Echo (Manzanera) 5:47 [*]Lagrima (Manzanera) 2:36 [*]Alma (MacCormick, Manzanera) 6:48 [*]Carhumba (Manzanera) 4:48[/list=1]
Old 09-10-2004, 05:21 PM

Stink. Seems like this whole station is doing a re-structering. I'll miss your anecdotes.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 PM

that Diamond Head has an extra track...never heard that before! It's one of my very favorite records.

Interested in the Bjork...need to really sit down and listen to it...

Sorry to see it end Tommy, thanks for stickin' around. I guess now that some DT was added there's no new wordls to conquer!

Old 09-10-2004, 07:24 PM
El Queso Grande

Location: Feet from the southern tip of the San Francisco Bay. Pity me.
Send a message via ICQ to Roger -Dot- Lee Send a message via AIM to Roger -Dot- Lee
Wow

I'm gonna be sorry to see you go, Tommy. Your show is easily one of the high points of my listening week.

But I respect your decision and the wisdom to let it go before it got a bad case of FamilyCircusItis (ie kept on life support long after it should have been dead and buried).

Keep in touch, Tommy. Spaz isn't the only one that'll miss your anecdotes.

Roger -Dot- Lee, sad, but flush with admiration, giving a standing ovation
Officially sanctioned station dude emeritus
Generally agreed upon second in command of OS, Web, and hardware. On the Moon.

"[m]y iPod is solar powered" Aural Moon!
Old 09-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Patron

the more things change, the more things change

i've had nothing but praises for your shows tommy, and can be added to the list of Lunites who'll miss your countless anecdotes and history lessons. keep close. and as usual...i look forward to the show both Sunday and warming up my monday morning.

prosperity&peace
poda
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Tommy,

Thanks so much for your dedication to the show over the years. It has been great working with you, and I've enjoyed you efforts immensely.

While it may seem that Aural Moon is going through some these changes, keep in mind it takes a tremendous amount of volunteer time and effort to keep doing these shows. It's not uncommon for real life to creep into that time. You may not think it takes a lot of time, but putting that time and effort in every week really takes its toll. I salute's everyone who does shows on Aural Moon!

Avian
Old 09-13-2004, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Avian
Thanks so much for your dedication to the show over the years. It has been great working with you, and I've enjoyed you efforts immensely.
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Especially, thanks Avian for giving me the go-ahead to start the show back in '02. It's been a blast.

I'm currently suspending my use of the Extended Play account. I'll be showing up on the forums as Evanzan from now on.

Tommy
Old 09-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Patron

Why is it I always miss the best parts.

I missed today's show because of a meeting, not knowing it would be your last.

I always liked to have whole LP's played. In the early seventies Danish Radio did the same - giving us poor schoolkids a chance to record new music but then it was stopped - the radio was never the same since. The same goes for AM - it's changing and when it does some say for the good and some for the worse. But for me too early to say.

I must thank you Tommy for you work and dedication and we hope to hear your comments often.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:36 PM

Talking Thank for the music, Tommy

I realy gonna miss the show. It's been great. Lots of great music that I have never heard before. And thanks again for the "For Fonzy" show. For me EP became a "monday tradition". All the best Tommy. Take care.

Pontus

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: