Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Patron

RPWL in Oberhausen on April 21

To resume the gig:

FANTASTIC

But here some more details:

The gig took place in Zentrum Altenberg (http://www.zentrumaltenberg.de/ ), a old coal mine in Oberhausen, where the machine rooms are used for events, disco, some exhibitions etc. The y let us in at 7 pm sharp and the place (capacity aprox 400 ppl) filled up. RPWL begun 8:10, so on time.

First part was the filled with the new Album „Beyond Man and Time“. RPWL's current line up can be seen here: http://rpwl.net/cms/index.php?option...mid=56&lang=de . On the stage was one main screen in the back and on each side one screen 2 m high and 1 m wide, which were backlighted and beamed with videos. As the new album is a concept one, screen and the different costumes of Yogi followed and underlined the story making of it a real "told and performed" story. Great Job done for the small stage and I guess not too big budget!

(In the first 10 min you could not see Kalle and Werner, then for 5 min only as shadows on the backlighted screen. I was beginning to believe that only Yogi, Marc and Markus were to perform and the rest was prerecorded, but fortunately I was wrong)

The first part took aprox 1:30 h and was just great. After a very short break (max 0 min), the came back and played the „old“ hits (Bound to reach the End, Trying to Kiss the Sun, Roses, Reach for the Sun (I think), Hole in the Sky etc). This for about 45 min. Then the only encore was announced from Yogi as from 1969 (he believed). I have never heard it before, but it sounded very „early Floydish“ and was the basis for what I call a „PF blues and Jam“ (like „Riding my Time“). I was absolutely wonderful! After the 15 min of this encore RPWL said Good Bye to a very satisfied audience.

This report would not be complete if I would not tell about our (my) personal, negative fortune: When we entered the hall, we could get 2 of the wooden bar stools from the side of the hall. I pushed Doris to take one and we moved to sit just in front of the sound engineers desk. Unfortunately that was the pass way of everybody who wanted to have a beer from the bar at the left end of the hall or wanted to go to the toilet from there to the right end of the hall. So we had felt 500 ppl crossing with beer in that packed room. In the break we moved with our chairs towards the center of the hall (at that moment empty as everybody outside smoking etc). After the short break we had in front of us the only 2 smoked, drunk idiots which needed 5 mē for there „dancing“. After 2 tunes we moved to the place where we originally took the chairs and Doris said at the beginning to stay. We enjoyed the little rest of the gig very much from there...!

So, Euromoonies, if the show comes near to you, go there. It is worthwhile every Penny (and much more)!!

Last edited by lotus : 05-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned

Re: RPWL in Oberhausen on April 21

A break of 0 minutes is very short indeed lotus - LOL.
Thanks for your excellent review !!

ErikM
Old 04-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
A break of 0 minutes is very short indeed lotus - LOL.
Thanks for your excellent review !!

ErikM
0 min is really a very short break... The break was max 10 min..

Old 04-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Patron

I hope this link works for all: RPWL on "Rockpalast" 2005 , a German TV series for not "so common" music..

http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extr.../0308/rpwl.jsp

I only hope it works..

Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Worked very well, thanks! Great show!

Took a bit of looking around, but this appears to be a list of all the shows available: http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/videos/uebersicht.jsp

Lotsa' music!

Cheers,
Art

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: