Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006, 06:50 PM

Re: So How Did You Discover Aural Moon?

surfing through a progressive rock enciclopedia, i got curious and tried the links section, there was like like 5 other prog rock radios, but the moon was by far the best i found, so here i am enjoying the best music in the world
Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelothar
surfing through a progressive rock enciclopedia, i got curious and tried the links section, there was like like 5 other prog rock radios, but the moon was by far the best i found, so here i am enjoying the best music in the world
Was that the Gibralter Encyclopaedia pelo. That is pretty damned good.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 AM

I am an avid Ambient music fan and listen to this genre all the time. I decided to have a look at the other stations on iTunes, and as I am also from the Prog Rock generation (Yes, Genesis, Floyd etc) I spotted this station on there and decided to have a listen and take a look.

That was 5 hours ago and I have had it on constantly since then - and will be listening to it much more often. I have already had a track I suggested played - Syzygy... brill stuff.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:18 AM

Music Man....are you married to Shirley Jones?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Ha ha... you mean Shirley Bassey... I wish...

Have you visited my beautiful (small) country?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM

As with Poda, I found AM through Progradio.net. Listened for a long time before registering for some odd reason. Got hooked on the Shoubox and chatting with the AM Family and the rest as they say, is history. Listen every day and shout as time...and work allows.
Agreed VAX, a distraction from work.....but also makes work more bearable.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:00 AM

Great story! I discovered Aural Moon because of a NOTES conversation I had on an open VAX cluster called Deathrow run on vistech.net. I was using a free shell account they provided to learn a bit about VMS. That was when Dream Theater released Train of Thought and I made a post about it, and someone recommended AM. I forget who it was.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM

Talking Re: So How Did You Discover Aural Moon?

prog radio network in 1999 at the local library its been a great time so far
Old 08-04-2006, 05:44 AM

I discovered Aural Moon while I was trolling the shoutcast networks on my winamp. Listened for a couple of years before I decided to check out the website.

Found the site one night after work(midnight). I was listening, then heard something like 'visit Aurulmoon.com to meet' other like minded people who enjoy the same kind of music.

I checked out the site, met KeithieW and Jamforte in the chat. Had myself a great ol' time quacken an tweeten an hooten all night long. Been stuck ever since. Its all your fault you two. You did this to me Your fault I tell ya.... I had very little to do with it. All I did was listen . . .

Happily I enjoyed my Incarceration on the moon. Eventually the moon saved what little mind I had, 'cause of those guys & roger.lee.

Because of them, my sanity loss(or gain, not sure which) was kept to a minimum. Betting it was loss kept to a minimum tho...

Bmithra

People should not be afraid of their Governments,
Governments should be afraid of their People.

Alan Moore

quackery is afoot...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:23 AM

someone on another forum linked to it
Old 08-16-2006, 11:20 AM

I was on Magic Pie's website to listen to samples of thier work and they had a link to ProgArchives.com which had a tab entitled Prog Radio. When I clicked on that Aural Moon was first on the list and since I was getting tired of Delicious Agony I gave it a try. DA had gotten really repeatitive and had eliminated some of the regular shows I tuned in for, plus they play the Flower Kings in one form or another about every half hour. So far AM has been great.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymatter
I was on Magic Pie's website to listen to samples of thier work and they had a link to ProgArchives.com which had a tab entitled Prog Radio. When I clicked on that Aural Moon was first on the list and since I was getting tired of Delicious Agony I gave it a try. DA had gotten really repeatitive and had eliminated some of the regular shows I tuned in for, plus they play the Flower Kings in one form or another about every half hour. So far AM has been great.
Are they still doing that? That was my main complaint 3-4 yrs ago. I love TFK but man....and still after an interview they did with Roine where she lied about being at a show in Europe.

As a host of a show, I'm anything but repetitive. And with Gagliarchives, Interzone, and Fusion Reactor, we have a great show lineup.

Thanks graymatter, hope to see you around!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Patron

When the previous owners left DA (I think 2003), the new owners were all ppl who had been doing shows (if memory serves me correctly). One of the shows was very FK oriented. The person who did that show (sorry don't remember his name), was the main inheritor of DA, and the programming went in a different direction. I stopped listening at that point, and thankfully found the Moon shortly thereafter.

I don't have a problem with FK, DT or any other band, but I do want diversity and we've certainly got it here. That said, I'm sure DA is right up many people's alleys. Welcome, graymatter.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Roll
Are they still doing that? That was my main complaint 3-4 yrs ago. I love TFK but man....and still after an interview they did with Roine where she lied about being at a show in Europe.

As a host of a show, I'm anything but repetitive. And with Gagliarchives, Interzone, and Fusion Reactor, we have a great show lineup.

Thanks graymatter, hope to see you around!
Not repetitive, just "Well, er,... appallingly dull, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful."

Sorry but I couldn't resist the Monty Python jab at you being an accountant!
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 08-16-2006, 01:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to lenron

iTunes for me. A few years back.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:17 PM

If I remember well, I was just looking for a progrock website on Google and I landed here ... I couldn't imagine there would be such a progressive rock community on the web ... So I registered and never left

That's been about 2 years now and I've found a second family here ...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to lamour

I found AM when the first iTunes with radio support came out. I listened a bit back then and then stopped for quite a while. Pretty much just listen while I'm at work now. Didn't touch the forums at all until the new website came up. It seems better integrated in the new site design than before.

Still surprised at how little overlap there is between my collection and the Moon. For instance, last time I checked it, I had slightly more CDs by Peter Hammill than any other artist in my collection (somewhere on the order of 20+), where the Moon has only one. Likewise, there is a lot of good music here that I've never heard before. Makes it harder to make good requests, but I'd certainly rather listen to "new" music than the same stuff I listen to at home.

Perhaps I should bequeath my collection to AM. Lord knows my wife won't want it. ;-)
Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Got myself a new PC with iTunes preloaded .... looked at the preset radio stations, listened to all the Classic Rock one's and Aural Moon was the best one! Previously I used to listen to Arrow (the dutch version) online, and still listen to that when driving, easily the best prog / classic rock station available on non-digital radio .....
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sintetista Send a message via Yahoo to Sintetista Send a message via Skype™ to Sintetista
Talking Re: So How Did You Discover Aural Moon?

I got turned on to it by a close friend and fan in 2004. Lately I had forgotten my password so I rejoined with an easier to remember one.

it is still my favourite radio station.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to ProgressiveMan

I was lloking on itunes for a progressive station then when i listen for a bit i decided to join

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: