Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #258 - Prince Unheard

Greet friends.

2016 continues the onslaught of deaths of iconic members of society, especially the music and entertainment industry. Our latest fallen icon is Prince. No, he is not a name bantered about on Progressive Rock forums very often. But he is one of those artists that is Progressive in so many other ways, and he does come from a strong Rock & Roll background. He is one of the top guitarists out there.

Our program director, Jim Brennen, played a tribute to Prince last night by playing an instrumental album entitled N.E.W.S. from 2003. It has four epic length tracks and was impressive. This week I will feature the album Xpectation. This was released in 2002 through his Fan Club. It is more of a straight up Jazz album with the Prince touch.

I'm still digging around, but I'll have a few other tidbits from his career to fell outside the R&B and Funk genres. If I have time, I may try to spin an album from bass and Chapman stick player Alphonso Johnson.

So drop on in and see what a wide range of talent Prince has and what a glorious musical legacy he has left for us. I hope you'll find a small bit of inspiration from the show.

See you on the airwaves.

dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 PM

Re: COTM - #258 - Prince Unheard

hola DALE,,not a Prince fan ,,,of course I ve heard his radio hits more than once,,but nothing more
after his most well known years in popular music,,,I saw him play guitar couple of small tribute shows,,do not remember which ,,,but definitely something to say in his playing.
last night show was that and now waiting your choice amigo,,gracias
Old 04-22-2016, 09:44 PM

Re: COTM - #258 - Prince Unheard

just finishing listening to the show and instrumental side of Prince has been a nice surprise... Xpectation very very fine job
Gracias Amigo once again !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: