Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2002, 10:27 AM

Unhappy audiorealm.com MIA?

tried for the past few days to use the "live request" feature, and cannot connect to the site in the "vote" link.

a "host www.audiorealm.com" results in
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Tried doing this a few days in a row now with no luck at any time.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
I know requests were working yesterday (at least at some point).

They're probably just down temporarily, and will probably return soon. I'll keep an eye on it.

- Avian
Old 06-02-2002, 02:26 PM

the weird thing is that the DNS is timing out rather than responding with what it *should* be, and has been doing that for some time now.

Even if their server were down, the dns should still resolve, or report that it doesn't resolve. It doesn't do that, though, it just times out. It may be a problem upstream of them, or their DNS is hosed.

I'd really like to hear some Magma, and some 5uu's and some Anglagard -- been dying to check these out from what I've been hearing about them but just haven't been able to find them. The only Magma I've heard so far was "Live Hhai" that someone had sent me years ago on a cassette, to check out. I used to hang in 60s_70s_PROGROCK on FidoNet years ago, back around when Mike Taylor first started the GEPR. Actually have a bound and printed copy of it. :-)
Old 06-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Owner Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to Avian Send a message via AIM to Avian Send a message via Yahoo to Avian
Well, since www.audiorealm.com and yp.audiorealm.com are down as well, I think it's a systematoic problem with their whole site that will probably be resolved soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: