Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > The Rickter Scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Show 131 - Snakes and Froggs

Airing Sunday May 27 from 8-11 EST and Monday May 28 from 1-4 EST

Keeping it simple for the Memorial Day weekend. I'll be playing an hour and 45 minutes of the 2-disc "The Safenzee Diaries" by Frogg Cafe, and the latest effort by Rush, "Snakes and Arrows".

The last three audio pleasantries that I've purchased all have a common theme...me! (just what you always wanted to know right?) At the end of Kenso's portion of the Nearfest 2005 DVD, you'll see me clapping. Then on the recently released Salem Hill DVD "Mystery Loves Company" (please buy it!) I am audible yelling before "The Red Pool". And on the Frogg Cafe, four tracks are recorded at Orion Sound Studios in Baltimore on 12/3/05. I remember it like it was 18 months ago!

Actually it was a smoking show, and the rest of the performances (mostly in NY) are equally hot. Two of the songs are audio recordings from Nearfest, which also happen to be on the aforementioned Nearfest 2005 DVD. One more is in VT and one in NJ.

Frogg Cafe - "The Safenzee Diaries" (2007)

(most of it, that is)

Leave of Absinthe
Space Dust
Gagutz
Candy Korn
IL Gioco
Creatures
You're Still Sleeping
Small Chuwawa
Fat Guys In Shorts
Abyss Of Dissension

The first two + lL Gioco and Abyss, were from Orion. Creatures and Sleeping are from Nearfest. Sleeping features a dueling violin solo between Bill Ayasse and usually guitared Steve Uh. And the all feature the amazing vocal/keys/trumpet talent of Nick Lieto, a true talent. Never seen one hand playing Fluglehorn and one playing piano....

Rush - "Snakes & Arrows" (2007)

Far Cry
Armor and Sword
Workin' Them Angels
The Larger Bowl
Spindrift
The Main Monkey Business
The Way The Wind Blows
Hope
Faithless
Bravest Face
Good News First
Malignant Narcissism
We Hold On

I like this one a lot. I started a thread about it, and make my views known there, so please check if you're interested. Quite a few othrs have also weighed in.

Enjoy the holiday.....
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: Show 131 - Snakes and Froggs

Serving up some Rush n Froggs tonight on the Rickter Menu?

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: