Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > New Moon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
No clue anymore

Moon Poll 2010 LIST ADDED!!!!!

OK Moonies,

I just got hoodwinked into being the Host for the Aural Moon New Music Poll for 2010.

They said I was going to get a bonus

Here it is.

The 7th(?) Aural Moon Album of the Year Poll is now officially open!

The community chooses the best progressive rock recording of the year. To cast your vote, you need to be a registered Aural Moon member and send me the private message through my pm within the aural moon site. I put a link in here soon.

Title the email 'My Votes' or something like that.

Only send one list.

Just vote for ten albums. List them in order. 1st for favorite down to the 10th best.
Since we are getting a late start.
The poll closes on New Years Eve. As I strive to count everything up and record a show quickly this year (we plan to announce the results on TBD January) I won't be able to count any late votes.

In your vote you can include:
- 2010 prog rock studio albums See the list that is in the Music News section.
- I suppose EP’s count

PLEASE SUBMIT LIKE THIS: rank# Bandname, Album Title EXAMPLE: 1. Unitopia - Artificial

Send me a pm http://auralmoon.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=10397

These are things we don't include in our votes:
- NO Live alums Released in 2010 (it’s old stuff anyway)
- non 2010 albums (duh!)
- DVD's
- re-editions. In other words stuff like a Drama remaster or the 30th rendition of Tree Of a Perfect Pair. I think you get the Idea.
- compilations consisting of pre-2010 music (duh! Again) It doesen’t matter if there are a few new cuts. We are voting on complete albums.

Please:
- don't post your votes in the forums and don't email your votes to Aural Moon administration

Enjoy! (where’s my bottle of pills……..)

OK so now, commence nitpicking!

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

"There are three things Money can't buy, Manners, Morals and Integrity." - Me

Last edited by TheFish : 12-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Red face Re: The Poll Is On!!!!!!! Vote Now

The poll is on? Where exactly is it, then?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 AM

Re: The Poll Is On!!!!!!! Vote Now

The top 10 albums for 2010 then?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Patron

Fish, excellent that the Poll starts!

Maybe you should post some rules like Woj did in 2008 in order to get ppl instructed: http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4158

A fair good list of all 2010 releases is in RogorMortis "Upcoming Releases" news thread..

So I will begin to choose my favs of 2010..

Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 AM
No clue anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Fish, excellent that the Poll starts!

Maybe you should post some rules like Woj did in 2008 in order to get ppl instructed: http://auralmoon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4158

A fair good list of all 2010 releases is in RogorMortis "Upcoming Releases" news thread..

So I will begin to choose my favs of 2010..
As if most of that stuff is going to happen, Be realistic Lotus. It's the 14th of December already! I would take till the 25th to compile said list!

" A dog will look up to you, A cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you straight in the eye" - W. Churchill

Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Knowing what to do with the lists once compiled might be helpful.

Do we put them in a personal message to you? Is there a cutoff date?

I'm sure we can assume the usual: new studio releases only. No live, compilations or rereleases, and no tribute or cover albums.

And that bonus... Mine has been in the mail since 2008.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:53 AM
No clue anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillandDale View Post
Knowing what to do with the lists once compiled might be helpful.

Do we put them in a personal message to you? Is there a cutoff date?

I'm sure we can assume the usual: new studio releases only. No live, compilations or rereleases, and no tribute or cover albums.

And that bonus... Mine has been in the mail since 2008.
OK, Hold on, details are coming. My thread was to to announce it's coming and get ready. Let's not start beating me on the anal anvil already. The announcement is even 12 hours old! Jeeze!

The Initial announcement has been added to check it out.

Last edited by TheFish : 12-14-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Patron

Re: Moon Poll 2010

To have some more overview maybe Vax could add a list here with all the additions of 2010 albums to the Moon . This together with RogorMortis list of the upcoming releases and the list on progarchives should give a fair view to all the new music of this year..

Fish, why don't you copy the lists together in this thread (without checking double entries , just naming the source)?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
No clue anymore

You're killing me.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
OK Moonies,

I just got hoodwinked into being the Host for the Aural Moon New Music Poll for 2010.
The Pol's not doing the poll this year?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 AM

Exclamation Re: The Poll Is On!!!!!!! Vote Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post

...the anal anvil
Yeeech! Glad I don't have one of those! Maybe instead of the poll we could send recommendations for doctors and a donation (or, as you hinted, a friendly pharmacist)!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 PM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Code:
"artist","album" "41POINT9","Still Looking For Answers" "940811","920712" "Abacus","Destiny" "Abarax","Blue Room" "Achard, Cyril","Violencia" "Adrian, Rudy","Distant Stars" "Agents Of Mercy","Dramarama" "Alan Parsons Project, The","Eye 2 Eye Live In Madrid" "Algernon","Ghost Surveillance" "All Over Everywhere","Inner Firmaments Decay" "Anathema","We're Here Because We're Here" "Anima Mundi","The Way" "Anti-Depressive Delivery","The Best of Antidepressive Delivery" "Antimatter","Alternative Matter" "Aquarians, The","Full Moon Tunes" "Areknamés","In Case of Loss" "Areknamés","Love Hate Round Trip" "Argos","Circles" "Ark","Wild Untamed Imaginings" "Arnioe","So Heaven Is Gone" "Aspera","Ripples" "Bangtower","Casting Shadows" "Baraka","Inner Resonance" "Beck, Jeff","Emotion & Commotion" "Black Noodle Project, The","Ready To Go" "Boduf Songs","This Alone Above All Else In Spite Of Everything" "Brother Ape","A Rare Moment Of Insight" "Brown vs Brown","Odds And Unevens" "Buckethead","Shadows Between The Sky" "BunChakeze","Whose Dream?" "Burke, Declan","Destroy All Monsters" "Carballido, José","Requiem" "Carptree","Nymf" "Cerchio d'Oro, Il","Il Viaggio di Colombo" "Chase","Imbue" "Chris","Making Sense" "Ciccada","A Child In The Mirror" "Cleveland, Barry","Hologramatron" "Cloverseeds","The Opening" "Coheed And Cambria","Year Of The Black Rainbow" "Collapse Under The Empire","The Sirens Sound" "Consecution","Elements" "Copernicus","Nothing Exists" "Crack The Sky","Machine" "Crovella, Beppe","What's Rattlin' On The Moon?" "Crystal Palace","Reset" "Cynic","Re-Traced" "Dante","Saturnine" "Darshan Ambient","A Day Within Days" "Day Six","The Grand Design" "Dead Letter Circus","This Is The Warning" "Delusion Squared","Delusion Squared" "Demians","Mute" "Dianoya","Obscurity Divine" "Dice","Eternity's Ocean" "Disconnect","Obscuros" "Disperse","Journey Through The Hidden Gardens" "District 97","Hybrid Child" "Divine Baze Orchestra","Dead But Dreaming" "Djam Karet","The Heavy Soul Sessions" "Doubt","Never Pet a Burning Dog" "Dreams of My Sky","Unreleased 2003-2008" "Dungen","Skit I Allt" "Dynamo Bliss","21st Century Junk" "Ecstasy's Memory","First Memory" "Edensong","Echoes Of Edensong" "Ef","Mourning Golden Morning" "Electric Orange","Krautrock From Hell" "Elephant9","Walk the Nile" "Eloy","Visionary" "Enid, The","Journey's End" "Eno, Brian","Small Craft On A Milk Sea" "Eris Pluvia","Third Eye Light" "Exhibit A","Make Mine A Lobster" "fen","Trails Out of Gloom" "Ferry, Bryan","Olympia" "Fibonacci Sequence","Numerology" "Fierce and the Dead, The","Part 1" "Flyin' Pasta","Garage 54" "Folk Stone","Damnati Ad Metalla" "Fonderia","My Grandmother's Space Suit" "Forever Twelve","Taking Forever" "Fractal Rock","Fractals And Filigree" "FramePictures","Remember It" "Frames","Mosaik" "French TV","10: I Forgive You For All My Unhappiness" "Frequency Drift","Personal Effects (Part Two)" "Frogg Cafe","Bateless Edge" "Fromuz","Seventh Story" "Frost*","The Philadelphia Experiment" "Gabriel, Peter","Scratch My Back" "Gak Omek, The","Nonrenormalizability" "Galleon","In The Wake Of The Moon" "Garaj Mahal","More Mr. Nice Guy" "Garone, Tony","Ahab" "Gavin Harrison & 05Ric","Circles" "Gazpacho","Missa Atropos" "Ghiribizzi","Circuit Rewiring" "Gilbert, Paul","Fuzz Universe" "Gill, Michael","Blues for Lazarus" "Glass","Spectrum Principle" "Glass Hammer","If" "God Is An Astronaut","Age Of The Fifth Sun" "Godsticks","Spiral Vendetta" "Gravity","Midnight Sonata" "Gunn, Trey","Modulator" "Haken","Aquarius" "Hamadryad","Intrusion" "Hasse Froberg Musical Companion","Future Past" "Hawkwind","Blood Of The Earth" "Helmet Of Gnats","High Street" "Helpling, David & Jon Jenkins","The Crossing" "Herd Of Instinct","Mirror People" "Hertzog, Jake","Patterns" "Hidemitsu","Retun to the Eternity" "Holostream","Tomb of the Collective" "How Comes the Constellations Shine","Precious Precious Silver Gold" "Hurry Hurry","Life" "Hypnos 69","Legacy" "Incandescent Sky","Four Faradays In A Cage" "Intersphere, The","Interspheres __ Atmospheres" "Iperuranio","Le meccaniche celesti" "Iron Kim Style","Iron Kim Style" "It Bites","This Is Japan" "Jaga Jazzist","One-Armed Bandit" "Jones, Percy - Scott McGill - Ritchie Decarlo","Jones, McGill, Decarlo" "Jónsi","Go" "K2","Black Garden" "Kaipa","In The Wake Of Evolution" "Kakaokamkami","Snowballs" "Karfagen","Solitary Sandpiper Journey" "Karmakanic & Agents Of Mercy","The Power Of Two" "Karnataka","The Gathering Light" "Kataya","Voyager" "Keravel","Must" "Khatsaturjan","Disconcerto Grosso" "King, Kaki","Junior" "Klotet","Det har aldrig hänt och kommer aldrig hända igen" "Koi","In Tomorrow Hid Yesterday" "Kotilainen, Esa","- 51 C" "Kraan","Diamonds" "Kulju, Dave","Notes in the Margin" "Lars Mike Andy Pop","Creative Guilt" "Larsson, Lalle","Infinity Of Worlds" "Life Line Project","Distorted Memories" "Lis Er Stille","The Collibro" "Lo-Fi Resistance","A Deep Breath" "Lubera, Bill","Global Warning" "Lucifer Was","The Crown Of Creation" "Lunatic Soul","Lunatic Soul II" "Machacek, Alex","24 Tales" "Magnus, Nick","Children Of Another God" "Majestic","Ataraxia" "Maloney, Mack","Sky Club" "Manning, Guy","Charlestown" "Mars Hollow","Mars Hollow" "Martin, Deborah","Deep Roots, Hidden Water" "Martino, Rob","One Cloud" "Maschera Di Cera, La","Petali Di Fuoco" "Mastermind","Insomnia" "Mathews, Thom","Promo 2010" "Mattsson","Tango" "McBride, Brian","The Effective Disconnect (Music Composed for the Documentary Vanishing of the Bees)" "McLaughlin, John","to the one" "Medeski, Martin & Wood","Radiolarians III" "Mehran","Angels Of Persepolis" "Mentat Routage","Mentat Routage" "Metheny, Pat","Orchestrion" "Minasian, David","Random Acts of Beauty" "Mindgames","MMX" "Modest Midget","The Great Prophecy Of A Small Man" "Moon Safari","Lover's End" "Morild","Time To Rest" "Motorpsycho","Heavy Metal Fruit" "Mr. Gil","Skellig" "My Brother The Wind","Twilight In The Crystal Cabinet" "My Sleeping Karma","Tri" "Myster Möbius","Myster Möbius" "Mystery","One Among the Living" "Nels Cline Singers, The","Initiate" "Nels Cline Singers, The","Initiate (Live)" "Néodyme","La Tour (The Tower)" "Neograss","The Sea of Tranquility" "Norlander, Erik","The Galactic Collective" "North Atlantic Oscillation","Grappling Hooks" "Nucleus Torn","Andromeda Awaiting" "Oceansize","Self Preserved While The Bodies Float Up" "Odyssice","Silence" "Orb, The","Metallic Spheres" "Oresund Space Collective","Slip Into the Vortex" "Orphaned Land","The Never Ending Way Of Orwarrior" "Ovals, The","Inner Space" "Ovum","Joy to the World" "Padovani, Lelio","Electronic" "Pain Of Salvation","Road Salt One" "Panic Room","Little Satellite" "Panic Room","Satellite" "Panunzi, Stefano","A Rose" "Parade","The Fabric" "PBII","Plastic Soup" "Persephone's Dream","Pan - An Urban Pastoral" "Pineapple Thief","Someone Here Is Missing" "Pioulard, Benoit","Lasted" "Positive Wave","Positive Wave" "Premiata Forneria Marconi","La Buona Novella" "Projected Twin","Earth To World" "Proximal Distance","Proximal Distance" "Psicotropia","Psicotropia3" "Psychedelic Ensemble, The","The Myth Of Dying" "Quantum Fantay","Bridges Of Kukuriku" "Raccomandata Ricevuta Ritorno","Il Pittore Volante" "Radio Massacre International","Time and Motion" "Random Touch","Reverberating Apparatus" "Random Touch","Through The Lens Of The Other Dimension" "Rea, Dennis","Views From Chicheng Precipice" "Reasoning, The","Adverse Camber" "Rebel Wheel, The","We Are In The Time OF Evil Clocks" "Reber, Tobias","Backup Aura" "Red Sparowes","The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer" "Reinhardt, Jonas","Powers of Audition" "Renaissance","The Mystic And The Muse" "Resistor","Rise" "Rhapsody","The Frozen Tears Of Angels" "Roswell Six","Terra Incognita: A Line In The Sand" "RPWL","The Gentle Art Of Music" "Rypdal, Terje","Crime Scene" "S.E.T.I.","Discoveries" "Saeedi, Salim Ghazi","Iconophobic" "Samsara Blues Experiment","Long Distance Trip" "Science NV","Pacific Circumstances" "Secret Chiefs 3","Satellite Supersonic, Vol.1" "Shadow Theory, The","Behind The Black Veil" "Siddharta","Dialogo" "Simple Is Good","We Believe and It Makes Us Stronger" "Sky Architect","Excavation of The Mind" "Slow Six","Tomorrow Becomes You" "Soft Machine Legacy","Live Adventures" "Solstice","Spirit" "Soniq Theater","Unknown Realities" "Spiritual Beggars","Return to Zero" "Spock's Beard","X" "Squonk Opera","Mayhem And Majesty" "Star One","Victims Of The Modern Age" "Stick Men","Soup" "stOrk","stOrk" "Stream Of Passion","Embrace The Storm" "Sunchild","The Wrap" "t","Anti-Matter Poetry" "T A N G E N T S","One Little Light Year" "T-Bo","Connected" "Tabula Rasa","Epoch" "Tempest","Another Dawn" "Tempio Delle Clessidre, Il","Il Tempio Delle Clessidre" "Tinyfish","The Big Red Spark" "Tohpati Ethnomission","Save The Planet" "Total B.S.","2 The Core" "Ukab Maerd","The Waiting Room" "Unitopia","Artificial" "Univers Zéro","Clivages" "Unruh, Steve","Challenging Gravity" "UnSun","Clinic For Dolls" "Us","Feeding The Crocodile" "Venegoni & Co.","Sarabanda" "Vonassi","The Battle of Ego" "Voyager Project","Where Angels Fear To Tread" "Wagnon, Marc","Earth is a Cruel Master" "Wally","Montpellier" "Watch, The","Planet Earth?" "Watson, Dean","Unsettled" "When Lions Meet Bears","When Lions Meet Bears" "Windmill, The","To Be Continued" "Wodan","Wodan" "Wolfspring","Wolfspring" "Wroten, Alex","Not Necessarily Like This" "Yana Mangi","Earth Shadow" "Zen Garden","Simple Thought" "Zhelennaya, Inna","Cocoon" "Řresund Space Collective","Slip Into the Vortex"
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         

Last edited by VAXman : 12-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 AM

Re: Moon Poll 2010 LIST ADDED!!!!!

bump
Old 12-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Progger since 1966

Steve Hackett,"Out of the Tunnels Mouth" 2010
Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharcnorris View Post
Steve Hackett,"Out of the Tunnels Mouth" 2010
This is from 2009

Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Progger since 1966

My CD says 2010. was it in last years poll? ..Sorry
Old 12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
No clue anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharcnorris View Post
My CD says 2010. was it in last years poll? ..Sorry
No, he was the first band on NMOM.

And also, He isn't getting squat for votes either, Not even in the top 20!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Here's the deal:

The album was to be released in early October 2009, but legal issues had put the release date on hold. However, after a lengthy wait, the album was announced for sale on the website and through his live shows on 30 October 2009.
In April 2010, Inside Out records released a 2-CD Special Edition with the original album as CD 1 and CD 2 containing 5 live tracks and a new studio track. The live tracks were recorded live in Italy in March 2009.

So, it is an 09 release AND it's a 2010 release. If I recall - it was excluded from the 2009 ballots on GAGS and Moon O' polls.

Unitopia's "Artificial" is in the same situation - a very late in the year release, so it was excluded from many polls.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Progger since 1966

If your speaking of SH, thx 4 the info Dale .....
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
No clue anymore

Vote Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: