Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2006, 07:10 AM

King's X

I'm passing this along thirdhand (from Progressive Ears to Salem Hill groups to here). I'm not responsible for the Christian-bashing, I'm just presenting this in full.

I think this is very revealing as to the frustrations of a musician...and note how he vows to keep trying although he bitches almost the entire time.

I also thought the Paul Shaffer anecdote was enlightning. Nile Rodgers, Robert Palmer, lots of other well-known acts have professed their love for this band, yet it never translates into "success".

KING'S X frontman Doug Pinnick has issued the following statement in
response to rumors that the band were on the verge of breaking up:

"I wish I could set down and answer all the questions, and speculations. I will try to make light of some of the things said and suggested. You guys are wonderful so please dont take anything I say as negative or bitching... There's no anger here... just love.

"Here goes... We never fit in; no matter what we do, we can't get the masses on board, and we've done everything there is. I know you all have suggestions of what we could do do get more successful, but we have done everything there is to do! Or at least inquired about it all... We just can't get the folks on board. Woodstock '94 we played for 300 thousand people, and the next week on SoundScan we sold about 200 CDs. Then the week later nothing to comment on.... The rest of the bands on the bill - JACKYL, SHERYL CROW, LIVE, CANDLEBOX, etc. - sold millions!!! We got the best slot of the day, and USA Today, Howard Stern, MTV said we were the best band that day! We sold nothing... and it changed my life. I cut my hair and almost gave up! Plus I was going through midlife crisis. I started getting panic attacks and got blinded by my self-hate. 'Ear Candy' was the result.

"Management? We have had people check us out and they say were doing a better job by ourselves than they could... after they see what we have to go through to get a gig and keep the boat afloat. Others say we're precieved as an old band and they feel they can't help us.

"Record companies? We tried to give Atlantic a done CD with nothing to do but throw it out there. They passed, saying they are only interested in new young bands. ALL other companies rejected us except Metal Blade and InsideOut. Thank the gods for that...

"Booking agent? They say they can't get many promoters to bring us; they all think they will lose money...

"DEEP PURPLE? were trying to get on that tour, and any other opportunity we can... but we have to pay to play, it's all political... That's the way all bands are treated now, they all pay, Ozzfest... The record companies pay to get all the bands on the tour. We don't have the $$. We opened for many bands in the past to no avail. A few new converts, but not enough...

"Paul Shaffer [of the 'Late Show with David Letterman'] plays 'Born to be Loved' all the time... but to get to play live on the 'Letterman'show? Practically impossible.

"I wish you all could understand how impossible the situation is these days for many bands. It sucks! The rejection to KING'S X is overwhelming in the music marketplace. You can imagine how it makes us feel.

"Christian music scene?? Yeah, we could have been maybe the biggest band in Christian music, but we're not hypocrites, and when the Christians find out that we drink, smoke weed and I am gay, they would turn on us anyway, so why go there? That just hurts. Besides that, they rejected us anyway after they learned who we were. They're human, they hide it. We're not like that, we're too honest. That's why I am down on Christian music. In the name of truth they live lies. That's never been me, or
KING'S X. It's one of our biggest faults. The Christian music scene was a dead end for us no matter what had happened in our career. I am agnostic now anyway. We just couldn't justify being a Christian band. It just wasn't the truth. I was raised Christian and have seen the Christian music scene first-hand. I can't be a part of it and I couldn't back then either... and we're still called a Christian band to this day. It wasn't kosher back then either. I remember so many people saying that
they couldnt get their friends to listen to KING'S X 'cause we were Christian, even though STRYPER were successful. Now it's accepted being a Christian band, but we're not one of those bands. What's done is done and it's the past...

"Downhill career? 'Manic Moonlight' was a good CD; I don't care what anyone says... I put my heart in that CD and wrote some songs that I am proud of. There was some wasted space on it, but isn't that the way most CDs are? We really did our best with what we had and who we were at the time. This band started out downhill, now we're in a hole. We couldn't get the $ for a producer for years, so we did it ourselves; at least we
tried. Then we paid for Michael Wagener out of our own pockets, and finished the CD paying for it ourselves. We are really trying to do the right things, but all we get are walls. There's only so much we can do without money, record company support and attendance. We have maybe sold a million CDs combined from day one! That's not many in the real world. And Atlantic put millions into promoting us. More than most we have had the oportunity for exposure and we got it.

"I know some of you think there's things we should be doing, but trust me, we have tried or checked out all the possibities, it's just not as easy as you may think. We need all-ages shows, and it's almost impossible to get them. That's just fact. It sucks playing at such late times when people have to go to work or drive hours to attend. We always ask for early shows and all ages, it just doesnt happen. Bands that are successful without airplay or much promotion? It's a mystery. We're doing what they did and here we are. We're going home from this tour broke. I get no $ when I am off tour, I have to fend for myself. That's
life, I guess. Same as everyone else, I wish it wasn't so...

"25 years of doing this with KING'S X... Even in the early days before the record deal, we couldn't get good attendance doing covers when the other bands we competed with packed the clubs... It's always been this way, we just don't appeal to the masses. Maybe if we had about 10 million to promote us??? But there's no guarantee. We're precieved as an old band in the marketplace that is well respected but not a moneymaker. Bands try to take us out with them but their management always reject us. We may not tour for a while because of all of this...we can't.

"We have made mistakes, for sure, in our career, but we have really tried to do the right things. We're not the same people as we were when we started this band, and we always try to do our best and make the best music we can. Sometimes it didn't seem like it was the best effort at the time, but if you were there, you would understand.

"We are so thankful for the support from the faithful. We wouldn't be here if it wasnt for all of you people. The band is really down these days, frustrated, and out of money and ideas that will work. We're not young upcoming wide-eyed kids anymore, and this music biz is obsessed with youth. The whole U.S. is this way, just look around.

"It's not over untill the fat lady sings, they say... Well, she's at the mic...

"I have had a wonderful adventure being in this band and being me. I have been blessed more than most. I take nothing for granted. We could go on and on about what we should do and what we haven't, but at the end of the day, we have done the best that we could with what is before us.

"We're not done, we're not breaking up... We're still hoping to be the biggest band in the world, and I have many more songs in my head and on demos to throw out there for you guys... good or bad, you can decide. I will make music as long as I can breathe.

"I have questioned my whole life and this band's place in the world. It's still a mystery to me. This band I have invested 25 years of my life to... and I think about my place in this more than anyone could possibly know or understand... and still don't know why no one really gives a feck on a major scale. And people wonder why I have low self-esteem. I am one of the biggest losers that there is, and I don't know why. No one in KING'S X knows why it hasn't happened for us... but I will keep doing what I do because I know nothing else and I love making music.

"Thanks for letting me ramble. Thanks for hearing me out. And like I said before, without you guys I probably wouldn't be alive. Thanks for saving my life. I love you all. Keep the faith. It's not taken for granted."
Old 05-25-2006, 06:22 PM

Re: King's X

Wow! That's depressing. Very depressing... Believe it or not, I am not familiar with their music, but I will make a much bigger attempt to familiarize myself with it... It just supports the addage that life is not always fair. Make the best of it. It must be tough, and I like his attitude about sticking with it.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:29 PM

QUOTE=Andyyyy]Wow! That's depressing. Very depressing... Believe it or not, I am not familiar with their music, but I will make a much bigger attempt to familiarize myself with it... It just supports the addage that life is not always fair. Make the best of it. It must be tough, and I like his attitude about sticking with it.[/quote]

Andy,

Saw your post in the Salem Hill groups. That was quite a reply and diatribe by Carl Groves (aka Lazarus) wasn't it?

(I'll pass what he said along to all of you at some point)....

He speaks from the heart, and is one of my favorite musicians I've met.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:47 AM

I loved it! You don't see that kind of brutal honesty and well thought out positions too often from artists....
Old 05-26-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyyyy
I loved it! You don't see that kind of brutal honesty and well thought out positions too often from artists....
I just got the OK from Carl Groves: Here is said diatribe (warning - it's NOT for the thinned skinned).....

I read this posting from Doug and although it saddens me greatly, it
doesn't surprise me.

I fear that some of you may get pissed that I venture into
political/religious waters here, but it's related.

I always loved King's X for a couple of reasons: They were smart
musically, and they were smart lyrically. What blew me away was that
unlike the other rock music that boasts smart music and lyrics--
Prog, King's X grooved--they've always really grooved--and so their
music is very "boppable" by the consuming public. But they wrote
songs that required listeners to think. Oftentimes, they required
listeners to think about what was being said *both* musically and
lyrically. And, since about 1980, that simply isn't something that
Americans--especially the "music-buying 16 to 25 year old
demographic"--have the ability to do. So although it frustrates me
to see incredible art being ignored by the masses, it comes as no
surprise. Don't cast your pearls before swine, indeed. But sadly,
when it comes to livelihood by art, the swine determine success.

We want quick. And if we can't get it quick, we go somewhere else.
If somewhere else doesn't have it quick, we whine. And after we
whine, we shut down. We want gas at a dollar a gallon. Quickly. And
we're absolutely enraged that "our leaders" can't wave their
political wands and make it happen. We want a "quick solution in
Iraq." Nevermind that the speed at which the US military is able to
accomplish things is unprecedented. It isn't hard to imagine that
when the Revolutionary War got into it's second year, a modern
mindset would've called the Colonial Leadership incompetent, corrupt
and evil, and would've begged the King's forgiveness. We want a
quick solution to poverty, to disease, to environmental concerns.
But we expect *someone else* to solve these things quickly. We want
to drive 90 and as we pass him, we flip off the guy in the left lane
doing the speed limit. We don't have time to hang out with our kids.
Hell, that's what TV is for, eh? A human being raised by an 8-foot
tall, yellow bird. Gonna make for a swell addition to the species,
eh?

Gimme everything I want in life, and give it to me quick. Where
these solutions don't appear overnight, what is the reaction of
modern America? Vote out the bastard. Vote in a new bastard.
Protest. Write a letter to the editor. Call a talk show. Whine to
friends. And eventually, leave the process entirely. After all,
solutions didn't happen quickly, so what was the use anyway?

We don't want to be told that there's a heaven and a hell. We live
for right here, right now. Piss on tomorrow, I have a belly full of
desire wanting attention *today*. Don't talk to me of morality or
spirituality as that requires deliberation, weighing consequences,
considering the well-being of others. And that takes time. It
doesn't fit my world view of quickness.

And art? Puh-lease. Gimme a nice photograph. Don't gimme something
with 3 eyes. Gimme something I can hum. Don't give me more than two
verses. Please repeat the chorus over and over. And don't alter it
any. If it's over three minutes, you lose me. If you're gonna "say
something" like Dylan, Springsteen, Neil Young, or
other "visionaries", you better present it with three or four chords
and a pedestrian melody. (Rolling Stone magazine says so!) Better
yet, don't try and say anything at all, you pretentious bastard. We
don't have time to think about things, and if we did have the time,
we don't have the desire to consider anything of importance anyway.
It might require us to change, and humans can't change *quickly.* We
want to feed. We want to frolic. And we want to f***. Sadly, for the
fairer gender of our species, we want to do the latter quickly, as
well.

Stepping down off the soapbox, but felt the need to respond to
Doug's post--what I believe to be one of the myriad symptoms of a
pervasive, and if not treated, ultimately fatal disease to the US
and Western civilization.

C
Old 05-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Owner/Program Director

hmm.

A lot of ground has been covered here, and I have a lot of opinions on most of it. What's most relevant?

First, since this is a rare post that STARTED as a King's X post, and wasn't hijacked to that place, I'll start there.

King's X is arguably the best band that isn't (and probably never will be) on Aural Moon. They play hard rock. Incredibly melodic, intelligent, catchy, and just plain GREAT hard rock. Listen to them. Listen to their riffs, lyrics, and instrumentalism. One of the few bands that will have you saying "wow" while you're tapping your feet.

So, let it be known, I'm a huge King's X fan. Thanks to Yesspaz. I too, am depressed, with Doug's message. I know that many good bands will never achieve the same level of success as the media darlings. But to hear someone who seems like a good man being THAT depressed, is depressing.

Now, Carl Groves's post. Umm, what exactly is his point? He starts with what I interpret as a compliment to KX - so far, so good. He switches to a valid complaint about today's (and, I think, every era's) desire for quick solutions. Again, I'm agreeing. Then, the subtle topical switch: The war in Iraq makes sense. WHAT? Read the post. That's what he's saying. As someone who is confident in the knowledge that we are being governed by the worst president ever, I cannot let that rhetorical device go by unchallenged. (OK, I admit, I'm not a historian. There's an outside chance that Zachary Taylor was a worse president, but I doubt it. )

I agree with about 90% of Carl's post. I sorta addressed (dissented with) the 5% that was political. I'll save the other 5% that is religious for someone braver than me.

Last edited by progdirjim : 05-28-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim
There's an outside chance that Zachary Taylor was a worse president, but I doubt it. )
Maybe a King's X post that is hijacked into a Zachary Taylor post?

Nah, just kidding
Old 05-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
King's X is arguably the best band that isn't (and probably never will be) on Aural Moon. They play hard rock. Incredibly melodic, intelligent, catchy, and just plain GREAT hard rock. Listen to them. Listen to their riffs, lyrics, and instrumentalism. One of the few bands that will have you saying "wow" while you're tapping your feet.

So, let it be known, I'm a huge King's X fan. Thanks to Yesspaz. I too, am depressed, with Doug's message. I know that many good bands will never achieve the same level of success as the media darlings. But to hear someone who seems like a good man being THAT depressed, is depressing.
Interesting position about their music (which I have yet to hear). And this is why I do like AM. I don't really care too much for hard rock, and if I get in the mood for it, there are many other places where I can hear it. Thanks for what you do here Jim. I would only add that I think Doug can be entitiled to his feelings after all the work it took to do what he and his band do....that took a chunk of their lives, and sweat and dedication, and to feel like it's underappreciated could be very depressing. I saw this more as a moment of frustration and blowing off steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim, who opines that:
Then, the subtle topical switch: The war in Iraq makes sense. WHAT? Read the post. That's what he's saying. As someone who is confident in the knowledge that we are being governed by the worst president ever, I cannot let that rhetorical device go by unchallenged.
We'll have to discuss this one at the next concert over a beer or three.
Speaking of that, I believe Pat Mastoletto was at the Coach House with a band I never heard of recently... (ooops, that's a topic switch!)
Old 05-29-2006, 05:33 PM

Jim, you have to keep up. Everyone knows the prince of peace wants the US
to kick the holy shit out of Islam, that "Christian"= pro war,
pro Bush, pro guns, anti-gay, pro conservative neocon agenda..

'Where you been man? That's sooo...pre 9/11.

Doug makes me want to go back to Newage.
Weird isn't it, that Enya doesn't make public appearances,
play out behind new releases, and still manages to sell an average
of 10,000,000 per release?
Enigma...ditto, around 20,000,000 in 3 cds...add in Secret Garden,
Kitaro, Vangelis, John Tesh and Yanni, and you're likely looking at
more sales than the entire prog industry, including Yes and KC.
Do you know there's Live365 newage stations that boast over
140,000 LHPM? That's more than some small broadcast stations.

I have to question if it's that we're not interested in music that
challenges us to think, but rather that we're so drained of energy
at the end of the day in this 60 hr. work week, caffeine-fulled
pressure cooker society, bombarded by images and stories of war and
death on a daily basis, that we're not inclined to look for another
challenge in our music...?
"Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast"...I did enough
thinking at work.

K

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 AM

The other side of the coin

I esp like the shout out to a Baltimore venue, and Jim, notice a San Diego venue mentioned...

Rick (this is from the Salem Hill groups).....

In the wake of the recent post by Doug Pinnick of Kings X I found this posted to the Wishbone Ash website regarding their recently completed North American tour. Since Ash appears to be at a similar level to Kings X when it comes to touring (I don't know about record sales), and they are a band that had their high water mark many years ago, I thought it might be interesting comparing the two posts. Here it from Andy Powell:

Ah…America; where the going gets tough and the tough run scared. 10.000 accumulated road miles in three and a half weeks, this time. It’s been great reading your comments on the Concert Story section in our fan forums. Some people really do get the picture and others miss the point completely, but all your opinions are greatly valued. By the way I never told that guy at Shank Hall in Milwaukee, that I hope “the batteries on his video cam f..king burn out”. Just do me a favor and keep the searchlight out of my eyes for at least one song, please. Amazing, some of the things attributed to me or that I am supposed to have said. Ah… the price of fame …

This was a great tour! The logistics worked out and the band played really well. Nice, to have the new CD, Clan Destiny to promote. Yes, there were a couple of ‘iffy’ gigs on the West Coast where we didn’t get the promotion required to pull things off, but the weather was fabulous and the company and fan support were excellent. Even got in some beach time in San Diego and Ray, your new Laguna Beach pad is amazing. Oh yes, and the scenery, especially out West, was a delight; Utah, California, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming… what a country! It never ceases to amaze.

I do honestly understand the frustrations of some of you regarding the band’s struggle for greater popularity, a hankering for the glory days of bigger venues, more promotion and so on. It’s actually all about taking it to the streets. (Or if you like; your birthday party, local bar and once in a while, a community festival site). Just ask Kings X, Little Feat, Savoy Brown, Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout and all the countless other ‘road dogs’ out there braving the mountains and desert highways to bring you their truly excellent and under-valued music and, I might add, playing the very same venues as we are.

Talking of promotion though, I must relate a funny story: my son, Lawrence, an art student, went into a Karaoke bar in Boston MA recently and guess what was on the play list? Of all songs, it was Everybody Needs A Friend. Cracked both of us up, I can tell you – reality bites, does it not?

One of the reasons that bar bands are generally such good players in this country is that, like any thing else over here, the work ethic sharpens you up pretty quickly. There’s nothing casual about turning up and playing a few licks for the crowd. The only way it can work is with real teamwork and a kind of sleep deprived, military precision and a knack for thinking outside the box. The players in Wishbone Ash do it all – kinda like smoke and mirrors – this knack for turning up on stage with a smile and being able to party with the best of ‘em post show, while having a genuine interest and enjoyment in and for, the friends and fans who ‘glad hand’ us on the way to the next gig. It all takes energy and effort but of course, if you buy into it (which not every musician can), it brings personal rewards aplenty.

Take Grand Rapids for example; 4 hours sleep, a 10 hour drive through constant rain, no hotel time, throw the gear up on stage, quick sound check, stand in line for an hour at a restaurant full of college graduates only to be told; “no table,” 2 sets with cold pizza in the dressing room (club owners office), hit the sack and do it all again the next day! Kinda humbling, but good for the soul. When you see us on stages in the UK or France for example, you are getting the net result of all this USA experience. We really mean it and it shows in the music, because we are really putting our lives on the line to do this – no weekend warrior stuff here. It’s the real deal. Net result - this is what being in a band is all about. Always has been and always will be. I always think back to a book I purchased in the 1960’s by the Hollies when I had just become a teenager. It’s title; ‘How To Form A Beat Group.’ Loved that one. Nothing has changed. Even though the numbers are small on this tour, we will get to play larger venues in September, as a result of all this graft. Personally, I love it. But then, I’m a masochist. Just ask the band. And, by the way, take note of the distances some of our fans travel as well – heroic!

Many UK bands, these days, would absolutely love the opportunity to tour here, even on this level. It’s the same for the US bands and German bands that would kill to be on the U.K tour circuit. The difference with the Ash is that we ARE everywhere. We get asked constantly how we manage things, but (and now it’s time to blow our own horn for a change) find me another band that does this and pulls it off. We are even playing a festival in Bulgaria this summer! Of course these opportunities (and I do see things this way) are very definitely the result of decades spent keeping the band’s profile out there in the world’s music venues and maintaining the band’s CD catalogue in the racks of the world’s record stores. (Has anyone checked out I Tunes lately?) I’d say most of the musicians and fans of Wishbone Ash are grateful for this. The alternative would be relegation to some obscure outpost in one’s distant memory like countless others of our old contemporaries like Quicksilver Messenger Service, Quintessence, Budgie or perhaps Soft Machine (no disrespect intended).

As far as promotion goes, yes, it could be better but I don’t lose any sleep over it these days – we are just keeping the store open for business. The band is good because it plays its ass off.

As a result Wishbone’s musicians have been playing on a different level on this tour – some amazing stuff forthcoming from everybody. Tour highlights: Vegas, ‘cos it’s Vegas, The Recher Theater near Baltimore (the way a venue should be run), The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano CA, even though we did finally make it there 5 hours late when the brakes failed on the vehicle, as we were coming down from the High Desert. Thank God for Midas – we were metal to metal as we rolled off the exit ramp and there was George Foreman’s smiling face! Three days later, we found we’d been driving in the Cascade Mountains with a three inch nail in the rear tire – fun and games.

Amazing to see the Brits, Ian (ever tried Anchor Steam Amber Ale?) Dave et al, all over the shop on this tour and thanks to Music Millennium of Portland Oregon, for a cool in-store presentation. This has to be one of the best ‘old school’ record stores in the country. Mary, thanks for the cookies once again, Steve and Claudia and the Tsilis clan, Fred Renz, Linda Kozlowski – those truffles mmm...,Scott Pikard, Dennis and Mary Marturano and crew. Denis LePlant – thanks for your hospitality at the Desert Ranch. Mike Allen, thanks for the specs and Steve and Ramona – always a pleasure. Ruariah, the pipes, the pipes are calling! John Winder; you did us proud. Dr. John; that was an amazing find. How do you do that? Pat Hennessy, who joined us for a three guitar line-up at the Coach House, during Blind Eye. Buzz, Buck and ? I’ll get it right next tour. Anyone who saw the headstock break off my Flying V on stage in Vancouver when it got knocked over – no worries. Chilcott Man will fix her (won’t you Kev?) I have faith.

Later ~ A.P
Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The war in Iraq makes sense. WHAT? Read the post. That's what he's saying. As someone who is confident in the knowledge that we are being governed by the worst president ever, I cannot let that rhetorical device go by unchallenged. (OK, I admit, I'm not a historian. There's an outside chance that Zachary Taylor was a worse president, but I doubt it. )
Jim, I like what you're doing with prog music, but I gotta tell you I just love the fact that you're "confident in the knowledge that we are being governed by the worst president ever." Whew! I'm glad you're not a historian, because putting that in a book would be to forget a lot of presidencies. I'm a conservative in every sense of the word, and am the first to admit that GWB is not turning out quite the way I'd hoped. Frankly, I'm disappointed in him. But he was (and still is) the lesser of two evils when compared to either Gore or Kerry (my opinion). The closest I can get to your line however, is "confident in the knowledge that we are being goverend by the worst president since Bill Clinton."

Ok, now we've gone and hi-jacked this KX thread into a political thread, and since I really don't want to get anymore into that than I already have, I'll leave it all to you folks.

PS: I haven't commented on the KX stuff because I mostly knew all that before anyway, having been a fan for about a decade.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:07 PM

I posted this as something that sounded interesting...I've been with these fools since their beginnings....

Reading Doug's rant, then Carl's, then Andy's, gives a very good perspective to it all.

To me, that's the beauty of this thread...

As for the other stuff:

I found out Carl Groves wrote a 500+ page book of fiction called "Falling Into Grey" that looks fascinating. I'll be getting it for Father's Day (even if have to buy it myself)! It touches on some sensitive issues of race relations.

I am not too passionate about politics. Not all politicians are assholes, but the process is faulty. Still, it beats living in North Korea....

and I stopped worrying about it since the 2000 election. There is no plausible explanation of how Al Gore went from almost president to buffoon in a week. That's the horrific reality of our labelling, do it now society.

We're talking about a guy who champions environmental issues and other intelligent topics. Isn't that what's lacking about most politicians? When Al Gore got kicked to the curb, politics lost me.

Didn't he get the popular vote? Do all these people who voted for him have amnesia?

They're the same people who live and die by American Idol. What's scary is there's millions of them!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:40 PM

Presidents and Stars...........it's all about being predestined to be there. Either ya got it or you don't. Presidents!!! Gore? Bush? Clinton? (hesitantly)Personally, I'm mostly conservative. Bottom line Bush won......??? Problem is, the President is only one man, we need a whole Goverment full of leaders, doing what it takes to fight those who are trying to destroy us from within or outside our country, whether it's the air we breathe or our very lives and freedom.

Stars!! Again........as far as I'm concerned, you're predestined for that too. Being at the right place at the right time. I have a friend who plays keyboards and he could stand next to, match, or even exceed many "successful" players. ( I'm talking the one's we here listen to) He also plays excellent guitar, saxaphone, and pretty good drums. The only mark he left in music history is a 1980 Baltimore Orioles theme song of the year......and the 98 Rock Local Band LP 1977.

WHY???? Ok, Mr X, Doug....Why??? I feel for you, but Who knows, but God!!! I wish everybody could get what they deserve in life. The good get the good and the bad get the bad. It just doesn't work that way. Amen!!! Well?, Maybe it does in the very end!

Last edited by yorksrvc : 05-31-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 AM

Who said that??????
Old 06-02-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorksrvc
Problem is, the President is only one man, we need a whole Goverment full of leaders, doing what it takes to fight those who are trying to destroy us from within or outside our country, whether it's the air we breathe or our very lives and freedom.
Now that's a brilliant sentence.

As for the comment about, "I wish everybody could get what they deserve in life. The good get the good and the bad get the bad," reminded me of a song lyric by Stavesacre:

And if I could just rid this world of all its evil,
would that include me? Well I guess it would depend...

Should I sit in judgement, would I have to judge me?

I couldn't tell you good people suffer.
I couldn't tell you why the bad ones run free.
God showers blessings on the righteous and the wicked.
I only know that that covers, covers, covers, covers me!

In other words, humility in your attitude is called for, because we're all right on some things, and we're all wrong on somethings.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:18 PM

..."And if you want the winds of change to blow around you,
and you can see exactly what to do, please tell me...
I'm just a singer in a Rock and Roll band.."

K

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Old 06-02-2006, 06:15 PM

Edited again!! Know what??? Never mind the whole thing

Last edited by yorksrvc : 06-12-2006 at 06:34 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: