Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Patron

TFK in Essen (Germany) on Oct. 5th

The first gig after aprox 25 years. RogorMortis told me over the moon that TFK were going to play near to my place. This in the time, were TKK was absolutelly overrequested in the moon...

But I decided to join RM in this gig and bought the tix, as I was anxious to have a live gig after so a long time..

Zeche Carl, where the gig took place is an old, non operative coal mine and the "concert hall" is the old machine hall. If I say "hall", it is a 30 x 30 m room (te stage took 25 % of lenght in one direction). We arrived early and they were doing sound-checks there, we could get in and so I got the first impression about the place...

We had some drinks and some food at the Bistro, which is in the same building , and entered later the "Hall": We got in there at 7:30 aprox, the place over the time got crowded. I guess not more than 300 people were there (but it was really full with that amount).

The gig was supposed to begin at 8:00 pm, but It only begun at 8:45 (This in Germany...)

At 8:45, after long minutes of one backstage guy tuning the guitars, TFK came on the stage and begun with power (don't ask me what song of what album, because I really do not know the discography). Only Roines voice sounded horrible ( some missmatch on the electronics I guess). The because it was only the first song ). After that, piece after piece, not one shorter than 15 to 20 min, pure PR. for 2 h:15 min without brake.

I enjoyed from the first moment untill the last.

Maybe the only criticism I could make, but I am not making: It was too perfect. You never had the feeling, that they were playing around without plan.

A very interesting comment, that Roine made was a analisys of the audience: He said, that because of the light hecould not see much of us, but he imagines the PR audience as follows: 95% male and 35 to 45 years old, having jobs which are linked to computers, looking through the internet where the next gigs are from Pink Floyed, Yes, Marrilion, Tangent etc. And 25 % of these have a hair tail...

I was just remembered to many moonies.....

Resuming, for me (and for my son as well) it was a excellent gig

I hope that Rogor will do a more expertise Thread on this, as for me, I told allready, was the first gig of PR in 25 years, and I got very excited

Elric, enjoy
Old 10-05-2004, 07:01 PM
The London Headbanger

Sounds like you had a great time.......

Your son as well. A new prog fan in the making?
We are of the sun. We can see!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Patron

Well Lotus has described the the settings for an intime concert as it was with a very good sound.

I'm not an expert at songs either, as I didn't recognize the first song with the distorted microphone sound (must be intentional) but TFK played a few tracks from Adam & Eve, the best being Love Supreme - it is obvious that Daniel Gilden÷w has been integrated has he has a good voice.

The other great track they played to finish off the show was The Truth Will Set You Free from The Untold Future (I can't find that CD where is it?)

Their weakness was sometimes trying to sound like a metal heavy band with two screamers at the front - Adam & Eve a good example of that.

But all in all a good show from TFK since it was their first on this tour. Yes Roine Stolt has a sense of humor but is the centerpiece of the show.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:38 AM

I think the first track may be "In The Eyes of the World" from Flowerpower. They like to open with that. Just guessing though.

The record is "Unfold The Future". Hope that helps.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Patron

thank for the post guys

i forgot to comment when i read it the first time.

sounds like a good time was indeed had by all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: