Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #221 - Birthdays - Kate, Allan & VAX

You say its your birthday,
Well Happy Birthday to ya.....

Greetings my friends. I noticed over the last week or so that some birthdays of note passed by. So this week I thought celebrating a few of those would be so much more fun than another memorial.

So, to begin.... Kate Bush starts us off as her birthday was July 30. I will be playing her Never For Ever album that was released in September of 1980. She had recently become very interested in the production side of the recording process. This album is her 2nd turn co-producing, this time with Jon Kelly. It is also on this album where she really starts working with the Fairlight CMI, a synthesizer she was introduced to when working with Peter Gabriel on his third eponymous album. This marked a big change for her.

Up next in the celebrity birthdays is Allan Holdsworth. He was born on August 6th. The album I'd like to share with you is I.O.U. This is a self-titled album for the band Allan formed with drummer Gary Husband and bassist Paul Carmichael. They originally had called the band False Alarm, but when they landed the former singer of Tempest, Paul Williams, they changed it to I.O.U. This album was the first time Allan would be featured as the band leader. The result is high quality jazz fusion.

I'm saving the best for last, of course. Alas, this celebrity is not a professional musician, BUT his talents have brought more prog to the ears of listeners all around the world. You see, along with our gracious owner/Program Director Jim Brennan, the man we all look up to here at Aural Moon is The VAXman, aka Brian Shekenberger. Now, it's been rumored he is a fan of Marillion, so I play in his honor the 14th album from Marillion, Somewhere Else.

So come on by during one of the broadcasts this week and celebrate with us these three Progressive Rock legends.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:27 AM

Re: COTM - #221 - Birthdays - Kate, Allan & VAX

Nice menu Dale , you never fall short of good ideas :-)
Old 08-08-2015, 05:18 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailotron View Post
Nice menu Dale , you never fall short of good ideas :-)
Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:04 AM

I.O.U
e x c e l l e n t !
fantastic choice my amigo DALE
thanks..merci..gracias..o brigado..grazie..danke

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: