Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2006, 05:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Roxelle Send a message via Skype™ to Lady Roxelle
Question Help me !!

Hello fellows, here speaks Vanila - yes, that´s me! - and who´s alive aways appears...

I´ll be the more brief as I can: I´m connected to the net using the college pc´s, and every time I try to listen to the "56k" link ro another, something wrong happens...I believe that there´s some firewall, I´m not sure about this, so thát´s what appears....

So what can I do about this? I heared about "proxys", but I don´t know how and if it works with this case.

Can you help this old prog-fellow to stay connected once more to Aural Moon mothership?? Please, I need to stay tuned again, and wash my mind from the everyday´s noises with this splendid music!!

I thank you all from now... and my sincere "hellos"!!!

Vanila
Old 06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Patron

Re: Help me !!

I don't know the answer, van, but I wanted to say hi.

Maybe one of the many techie moonies will read this eventually and be able to help.

mossy
Old 06-03-2006, 07:19 AM

same as Mossy, i don't know but I miss you on the Moon.

If you don't get a response by the end of the week re-post this and I'll send a message to everyone that can help.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:23 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleber Vanila
Hello fellows, here speaks Vanila - yes, that´s me! - and who´s alive aways appears...

I´ll be the more brief as I can: I´m connected to the net using the college pc´s, and every time I try to listen to the "56k" link ro another, something wrong happens...I believe that there´s some firewall, I´m not sure about this, so thát´s what appears....

So what can I do about this? I heared about "proxys", but I don´t know how and if it works with this case.

Can you help this old prog-fellow to stay connected once more to Aural Moon mothership?? Please, I need to stay tuned again, and wash my mind from the everyday´s noises with this splendid music!!

I thank you all from now... and my sincere "hellos"!!!

Vanila
Hi Van,

It's possible that your college has blocks on non-standard port or is blocking streaming audio/video. I don't know the student population at your college but at many universities and colleges in the states, this is a problem because of the drag it induces on the college network backbone.

You could try command such as traceroute to see if you are getting packet routing to the auralmoon stream server (eg; traceroute live.str3am.com ).

If your college's network administration has you blocked, you should see where the trace fails. This is not always 100% accurate as some routers and firewalls are setup to ICMP no-passthru mode. If this is the case, you can try an older trick. Use telnet to try to connect to the streaming server. This is the command: telnet live.str3am.com 2010 -- where the 2010 is the port which servers the 56K stream. If you get a connect, type a carriage return and it should drop your connection since that violates the stream server protocol. If you can connect this way, let me know here and we'll take it from there.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 06-03-2006, 07:27 AM

I'm glad vax is a kind and benevolent soul cause he sure knows a lot of stuff about technology.......
Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Patron

This bit of advice could be the answer to my sound woes at work too. Will attempt it on Monday. Thank you to the vax.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Roxelle Send a message via Skype™ to Lady Roxelle
Smile Re: Help me !!

Thanks a lot, Vax, I´ll tell you ASAP about this trying...maybe this could works.
And thanks everybody for the support!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: