Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Concert Happenings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Patron

Sound of Contact at ProgDay 2013

After making 3 solo albums SIMON COLLINS (son of musician PHIL COLLINS) decided to try something he had always wanted to do - a band of his own; a group of artists that shared a vision with whom he could collaborate musically and lyrically. That band became SOUND OF CONTACT. Featuring Simon on vocals and drums, DAVE KERZNER (SONIC REALITY, KEVIN GILBERT) on keyboards, and MATT DORSEY and KELLY NORDSTROM trading off on guitar and bass, SOUND OF CONTACT have created a sound all their own while paying homage to the greats of classic prog rock and electronica. With their debut release Dimensionaut, they hit the ground running with a deep concept album about a dimensional time and space traveler and his journey to expand the borders of the human experience.

ProgDay is pleased to announce that SOUND OF CONTACT will be closing out the show on Saturday, September 1. The touring edition of the band finds JOHN WESLEY (PORCUPINE TREE, FISH) handling the guitar duties and the addition of RONEN GORDON on drums. The band will be performing Dimensionaut in it's entirety and a few surprises along the way.

SOUND OF CONTACT (US) will join THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Location: Wolvega, Provence of Fryslân in the north of the Netherlands
Re: Sound of Contact at ProgDay 2013

For the European listners, Sound of Contact will be on The Night of the Prog Festival on the Loreley [above the river Rhein] (St Goarhausen) in Germany in the weekend of 13 and 14th of July, together with Steve Wilson, Opeth, Anima Mundy and several others,. http://www.wiventertainment.com/projekte/21-motp.html
Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Patron

That's pretty cool krid. I hope you plan to go.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Patron

Dimensionaut is regularly played at our house at the moment. Waiting for a west coast gig.

Later: Wanted to add... enjoy if you go... I hear they are playing the entire album at ProgDay. Moebius Slip and Realm of In-organic Beings - yum.

Last edited by mossy : 06-12-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 AM
KeithieW

A CD I am still waiting to add to my collection mossy. It shall be done as soon as I'm home from Wales.

Nice to read you again love. Xxx
Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Patron

You too, k. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think you will really enjoy this album. Let me know
Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Progger since 1966

Thx for the info db. Sound of Contact has conquered my home as well, the Drums are sensational!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Patron

sharc, I imagine this music was made for the sound system you have. Speaking of the incredible drums, part 4 of Mobius Slip at minute 14:38 where there is the small "whoosh" sound and the drums are showcased... until minute 15:30. Beautiful. I've been playing it all day.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:59 AM
KeithieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
You too, k. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think you will really enjoy this album. Let me know
No need to go out on a limb mossy....you know me all too well.

The album arrived today and it's a fantastic CD. I think I will be listening to it often..............you should, however, feel sorry for my fellow commuters because the are going to be subjected to me howling along to "Pale Blue Dot".
Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
sharc, I imagine this music was made for the sound system you have. Speaking of the incredible drums, part 4 of Mobius Slip at minute 14:38 where there is the small "whoosh" sound and the drums are showcased... until minute 15:30. Beautiful. I've been playing it all day.
Moss, so glad to hear from you. Take care.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: