Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > Music Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2003, 07:15 PM
jsoques

Buying...mp3s

Hi, some of these bands are long gone and unknown that buying their CD's is impossible. Clicking on the BUY link or HOME link leads to wrong searches. Take for example the band Los Canarios. I've been trying to by their album Ciclos with no luck. I even asked a friend who lives in the Canary Islands (from where they are originally from) to find this CD and hasn't been able to find it. Any info for this CD (or MP3s) would be appreciated.

Thanx
Old 03-26-2003, 07:36 PM

I found the following site that appears to be selling the CD: http://www.discosmelocoton.com/CDsNacionales/Pag1.htm
Old 03-27-2003, 06:36 AM
jsoques

Thumbs up

Thanx, Iīll give it a try. Probably have my friend order it since the site seems to be from Spain.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Owner/Program Director

I bought it from Synphonic:

http://synphonic.8m.com/catalog1.htm

under 'Spain'

tell Greg that Jim from Aural Moon sent you his way.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:31 AM
jsoques

Thanx, I'll try.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Canarios

Hey jsoques,

did you ever order this?

I'm listening to Ciclos here at AM right now, never heard of Canarios before, couldn't find any info, but they crack me up.

Damn, this is like a cross between Frank Zappa and Genesis. I like it.

progdirjim, can you tell us more about them?
Old 06-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Owner/Program Director

I don't know a whole lot about them. They're from Spain, the album was originally released in the 70's. It's based on Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons", and is quite an ambitious concept album - the copious liner notes are in Spanish, but I haven't taken the time to work through it (my Spanish is poor.) They're a five piece band (drums, bass, guitar, 2 keyboardists (one of whom also plays violin), and several guest musicians appear on the album.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 AM
jsoques

This is a really great album. I have heard that the original style of Canarios is NOT like this album so I donīt know if other albums are worth listening to. I still havenīt got my hands on this album since I live in a country where there is a temporary (I hope) restriction obtaining US Dollars (and purchasing with a CC abroad). I have a friend who is in the the Canary Island (Spain) coincidentaly where the band is originally from. Funny but no CD of them can be found there, but in mainland Spain yes, as mentioned in the previous thread.

Bye
Old 06-04-2003, 11:37 AM

Thanks. I'm going to order it from Greg at Syn-Phonic if it's available. It'll be the first thing I've actually bought based on hearing it first at AM. There's other stuff I'm interested in, but want to get this now because it's so obscure and perhaps hard to come by.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:09 PM
jsoques

Finally got it

I finally got the CD from discosmelotron. A friend of mine who lives in the Canary Island ordered for me.

BTW, I bought this CD after listening it here. AM rocks!

bye
Javier

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: