Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Ode to the Concept Album - Mooniverse Show #53

Greeting Mooniverseians.

This week starts off our 2nd year of broadcast with a look at the core of the playlists I ask you to build. We are going to delve into the history of the Progressive Rock Concept Album. (Please note that's "Progressive Rock").

This show is going to feature the very 1st Progressive Rock album and parts of the other albums of the time up for condieration. Then I'll toss in a salute to the Epic Tracks - a mainstay of progressive music.

NOW - here's what I'd like you to do. Here in this thread I want to compile a list of what are considered Prog Concept Albums. I'm going to give you a few of the ones that we've already played and I'd like you to fill in the blanks.

To do so you will need to use the "edit button" in this thread. You should have 4 buttons on the bottom right side of each thread posting, one of which is 'edit'. Click the one for the window you want to edit in the thread and add you titles, then save your results.

Now, I may be incorrect and not all members have this nifty tool. If not, merely add a new reply including the albums you suggest and I will transfer them into the list.

So, list away and have fun. Please list ARTIST, ALBUM, YEAR OF RELEASE.

Thanks - see you on the corner.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: