Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - #399 - The 1980's - Jon & Vangelis, Saga, King Crimson (encore #91)

Hello my friends.

The good news is there isn't a shuffle show tonight, the bad news (and it ain't really bad) is I have an encore presentation from 2013, show #91. It includes Jon & Vangelis, Saga, and King Crimson. Below is the original posting. Please enjoy the show.

COTM - #91 - The 80's - Jon & Vangelis and Saga
Hello Moonitonians.

Gonna take another trip into the 80's. This decade was a transition period for progressive rock. Some may say the downfall.... It was a time where long standing artists either adapted or perished. Some artists were just getting started at this time and brought with them a whole new perspective. How successful was that perspective? Well..... I'll let you decide that.

I've got three albums for you today. I'll start off with the collaboration of Jon Anderson and Vangelis for The Friends of Mr. Cairo from 1981.

The 2nd album will be from a major player during the 1980's - Canada's band Saga. I'll play their third album Silent Night from 1980.

To finish out the show our third act will be a band that not only made the transition from the early prog styles to actually blaze paths to places other bands would aspire. This comes in the formation of a new line-up for King Crimson. Fripp rejoins Bill Bruford after an almost 5 year hiatus and brings in Adrian Belew and Tony Levin to fill out the band. The result was a series of albums that have remained at the top of my playlist ever since. I will play the 1981 album Discipline.

I hope you can join me for this episode

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: