Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Aural Moon Programming > Corner of the Mooniverse
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
COTM - Album/Artist Feature #32 - Nucleus

Hi folks. The feature group this week is Nucleus, one of the first fusion or Jazz-Rock groups. They are from the UK and were lead by Ian Carr. He was a Jazz trumpeter that occasionally played the Flugelhorn. His previous partnership with Don Rendell goes back to the early 60's with Emceee Five and the Rendell/Carr Quintet.*

Ian Carr broke off from Don in 1970 and formed the group Nucleus with some of the top jazz-rock musicians of the time, including Kurt Jenkins who would later take over keys for Soft Machine (from about their album 5 and onward).

I'll tell y'all more about them during the show. I'm going to feature their 2nd and third albums - We'll Talk About It Later, and Solar Plexus. The debut album Elastic Rock gets a lot of attention so let's hear something a little different. Also, as you know I am prone to do, there should be a few surprises along the way.

See you on the Corner.

Dale

Happiness is a worn pun!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM

Re: COTM - Album/Artist Feature #32 - Nucleus

A rare opportunity to hear some Chris Spedding on the moon...i'll be sure to try to catch this, Dale.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Show Host & Administrator

Send a message via AIM to OverHillandDale Send a message via Yahoo to OverHillandDale
Re: COTM - Album/Artist Feature #32 - Nucleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSchwartz View Post
A rare opportunity to hear some Chris Spedding on the moon...i'll be sure to try to catch this, Dale.
I think Chris Spedding has done as much session work as a Burbank hooker. Badda bum - JK

Good point Ken, he's worked with a great number of musicians and groups. The entire crew of Nucleus all though it's history is great.

Happiness is a worn pun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: