Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 AM

Re: My (personal) opinion about a mis-use of the Speakeasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAXman View Post
Enlighten yourself instead of assuming, wrongly, that you are correct in those assumptions.
Your enlightenment is not being very enlightening to me. I was victim of a fraud attempt in 2008 which eventually lead me to be questioned by the judiciary police. I managed to proved I wasn't the culprit but the real criminal was never caught. When the case was closed the lead investigator told me in the end that they can only identify 1 in 100 of such fraudsters; if the IP of origin leads to somewhere outside the EU then you can simply forget about it.

So good luck in identifying someone that one day really tries to mess up in this forum.

...and left a galaxy of dreams behind...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSousa View Post
Your enlightenment is not being very enlightening to me. I was victim of a fraud attempt in 2008 which eventually lead me to be questioned by the judiciary police. I managed to proved I wasn't the culprit but the real criminal was never caught. When the case was closed the lead investigator told me in the end that they can only identify 1 in 100 of such fraudsters; if the IP of origin leads to somewhere outside the EU then you can simply forget about it.

So good luck in identifying someone that one day really tries to mess up in this forum.
Commission of fraud and Freedom of Speech are two completely disparate issues.

I'd previously stated that "unless you're intentionally trying to hide using the clandestine methods of many hackers," because that's what they do. I won't elaborate here on the many ways in which they can hide their trail; let it suffice to say that they can and do.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Fossils are Rock!

Perhaps I am missing something. I always think of this as a site for AM listeners. Sure, every so often someone posts a link to something else (related to prog or not) or occasionally promotes their own music. I don't recall anyone ever getting up tight about it.
But on the other hand, it's unreasonable to expect the AM Speakeasy be available for a group of friends to show up and chat about, say, fast cars, or to swap soup recipes, especially if they're not even listening to AM at the time.
To my way of thinking, it's a simple matter of common courtesy, not free speech, or courts of law.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM
la familia patron

Members can promote here, I don't think anyone will complain. Unless it gets out of control. The whole point has been missed. Someone was hosting a show on another site and using the AM shout to host it. That's not ok. It's that simple.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Owner/Program Director

We've drifted off of the point of the thread. We, the providers of the Aural Moon: stream (me), website (Vaxman), key tech support (JamForte); all felt it inappropriate for a person who has not contributed anything to Aural Moon operations, who has a live radio show on another internet radio stream, HOST his show in our shoutbox. Meaning he invited all of his listeners to chat in the shoutbox, whilst his show was airing. The shoutbox consumes a LOT of bandwidth that Vaxman pays for out of his own pocket.

If you have a prog or proggish show outside of Aural Moon, you are welcome to post about it in the forum. You are welcome to talk about in shoutbox. Please, respect our wallets, and don't drain our resources that we provide out of the goodness of our hearts.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdirjim View Post
We've drifted off of the point of the thread. We, the providers of the Aural Moon: stream (me), website (Vaxman), key tech support (JamForte); all felt it inappropriate for a person who has not contributed anything to Aural Moon operations, who has a live radio show on another internet radio stream, HOST his show in our shoutbox. Meaning he invited all of his listeners to chat in the shoutbox, whilst his show was airing. The shoutbox consumes a LOT of bandwidth that Vaxman pays for out of his own pocket.

If you have a prog or proggish show outside of Aural Moon, you are welcome to post about it in the forum. You are welcome to talk about in shoutbox. Please, respect our wallets, and don't drain our resources that we provide out of the goodness of our hearts.
Hopefully this will inspire a few people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: